The Official Green Lantern Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a fan of the alpha lanterns, but I think good stories can been made with them, so, for me, I can not say it is a stupid idea. I think it can work pretty well. And for Henshaw, I thought it was a lame villain, but right now I think he is a lot cooler than what he used to be. Come on, they gave him new goals, new dimension, since "wanted Hal Jordan", I think he evolved into something quite good.

His new goal is whiny emo-ness, though. "Oh, poor me, I so want to die! I'm the victim!" Shut up and grow a pair, Henshaw. :facepalm:

I liked this issue, it's certainly building up to a bigger story. I also liked that Johns made Larfleeze smarter again. His english was *really* broken in Blackest Night, which was abit bleh. Also OH YEAH SANTA CLAUS!!!!!

I agree. I mean Larfleeze was killing me with all that Santa Claus talk, haha. I'm also really glad to see Hector Hammond back in the book. He is a really creepy villain for Hal, it's great to see that he's gotten a bit of a power up. This will be very interesting to see how it's going to pan out. Mahnke's artwork was really awesome in this as well.

I agree with Corp about Green Lantern Corp as well. When the arc started with the Alpha Lanterns I was kind of pumped to see how this was gonna go. When I saw that it was Henshaw/Cyborg Superman I started to kind of lose interest. It's starting to kind of drag out a little now but the reveal at the end about the civilization living down in that cavern was a nice little cliff hanger.

I'm really tired of Johns hoarding all the really good artists. Reis should be drawing Superman, Batman, or the JLA (With a GOOD roster).

A-to-the-greed. I would love to see Reis on the Speed Force series coming up, too. He draws damned fine speedsters. :up:

^ Not only anything with Speedsters, but Wonder Woman would benefit from Reis too. Even that would be great, cause lets face it, Reis has really had no decent purpose for working with Johns since Blackest Night ended. Its like johns just gives him busy work so they can stay close.

He has a good "everything and the kitchen sink" style. Everything he draws looks awesome so I kind of just want to see him draw everything all the time. He'd be perfect for the JLA, but we all know that ain't a good place to be at the moment. :o

I may have to seriously consider reading that if J'onn, Clark, Bruce, Diana, and Arthur are involved. The other members of the big 7 combined should be enough to get me over having to read Hal at all and having to read Barry over Wally. :)

I may have to seriously consider reading that if J'onn, Clark, Bruce, Diana, and Arthur are involved. The other members of the big 7 combined should be enough to get me over having to read Hal at all and having to read Barry over Wally. :)

With a roster of J'onn, Clark, Bruce, Diana, and Arthur; Kyle and Wally would just feel out of place when Hal and Barry are alive.

Although considering the JLA roster that we have right now, I'm actually very upset that Wally, Kyle, Joseph, and Connor are not on the League with Donna, Dick, and Vic.

With a roster of J'onn, Clark, Bruce, Diana, and Arthur; Kyle and Wally would just feel out of place when Hal and Barry are alive.
I disagree. Kyle and Wally don't stop being great characters or deserving their slots on the League just because the old farts who preceded them are back. :o

I disagree. Kyle and Wally don't stop being great characters or deserving their slots on the League just because the old farts who preceded them are back. :o

But the point of the JLA is to have the Big Guns and it's undeniable that the big gun status that Wally and Kyle had were given back to Barry and Hal. The Flash and Green Lantern on the Justice League should be the Flash and Green Lantern starring in the flagship Flash and Green Lantern book.

I also think that Wally and Kyle would also interact better in a team that consists of Dick Grayson, Donna Troy, Connor Hawke, Cyborg, Ryan Choi, Supergirl, and Aquanewb. Of course DC had to **** it all up by killing Ryan Choi, forgetting about Aquanewb, and decide that Wally wants to learn more from Barry even though Wally is far more powerful and experienced than Barry.

I like Kyle where he is with the GLC, he is essentially the star of the book along with Soranik and John

But the point of the JLA is to have the Big Guns and it's undeniable that the big gun status that Wally and Kyle had were given back to Barry and Hal. The Flash and Green Lantern on the Justice League should be the Flash and Green Lantern starring in the flagship Flash and Green Lantern book.

I also think that Wally and Kyle would also interact better in a team that consists of Dick Grayson, Donna Troy, Connor Hawke, Cyborg, Ryan Choi, Supergirl, and Aquanewb. Of course DC had to **** it all up by killing Ryan Choi, forgetting about Aquanewb, and decide that Wally wants to learn more from Barry even though Wally is far more powerful and experienced than Barry.
The point of the JLA is to have the "big guns" meaning a Flash and Green Lantern. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about the relative merits of the various GLs and Flashes, I fully believe that Wally and Kyle have earned their spots on the League every bit as much as Barry and Hal earned theirs.

As to your second point, Morrison, Waid, and Kelly would beg to differ. Kyle and Wally interacted just fine with the veteran heroes for like 10 years. I'm sure it would be nice on some level to put them in a neat little box with other characters of their "generation" (even though Dick and Wally have been at the superhero game as long as some of the people from the last generation), but I don't really think that's necessary.

Basically, if you've got multiple characters bearing the same name, any combination of those characters is fine by me. I personally prefer Wally and Kyle over Barry, Jay, Hal, Alan, John, or Guy, so I'd want them on the League if I had my pick. They're no more or less appropriate with that combination of characters than anyone else, as far as I'm concerned. The last thing I'd want to see are multiple Leagues that are literally just clones of the same line-up from various generations. That's a bit too derivative to me.

The point of the JLA is to have the "big guns" meaning a Flash and Green Lantern. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about the relative merits of the various GLs and Flashes, I fully believe that Wally and Kyle have earned their spots on the League every bit as much as Barry and Hal earned theirs.
I certainly agree that Wally and Kyle earned their spots. But it would just feel out of place to put any Flash or Green Lantern on the League. It should be THE Flash and Green Lantern. And right now Barry and Hal are the ones with the spotlight. If Wally or Kyle end up with the spotlight again, they should be put on the League. If it's Bart and John Stewart it should be them.

As to your second point, Morrison, Waid, and Kelly would beg to differ. Kyle and Wally interacted just fine with the veteran heroes for like 10 years. I'm sure it would be nice on some level to put them in a neat little box with other characters of their "generation" (even though Dick and Wally have been at the superhero game as long as some of the people from the last generation), but I don't really think that's necessary.
It goes beyond just heroes of their generation. I just think that Wally interacts better with Dick than with Bruce. I think that Kyle interacts better with Donna than with Diana. I think that the interaction between Wally and Kyle are better than their interactions with Barry and Hal.

Basically, if you've got multiple characters bearing the same name, any combination of those characters is fine by me. I personally prefer Wally and Kyle over Barry, Jay, Hal, Alan, John, or Guy, so I'd want them on the League if I had my pick. They're no more or less appropriate with that combination of characters than anyone else, as far as I'm concerned. The last thing I'd want to see are multiple Leagues that are literally just clones of the same line-up from various generations. That's a bit too derivative to me.
If you're going to have a Justice League that doesn't have the Big 7, use the ones that essentially use the roles as well. That way we can still have Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Flash, Green Arrow, etc. Because asides from the Justice League International, the Justice League just isn't interesting at all without them.

Dick is Batman. Wally is the Flash. Donna was Wonder Woman for a short time. And Kyle is Green Lantern. And it would be cool to have Ryan Choi and Joseph interact with the DCU better the same way Connor Hawke did in JLA. You know instead of being killed and forgotten.

It's a lot better than having Skankity ****-**** as Green Lantern fill-in, Jessie Quick as Flash fill-in. And treating Supergirl as Superman fill-in.

I wouldn't call the interactions better or worse, really, just different. Kyle and Diana are certainly not gonna be the same as Kyle and Donna or John and Diana or Guy and Cassie. But that's the fun of it, isn't it? We've seen Hal and Diana for decades now. I'm sure more interesting stuff could be done with them, but the same could be said of any other combination of those legacies as well, and that's the real treat of even having those legacies in place. It seems a disservice to me to lump the generations together in neat little packages or only go with whomever is arbitrarily considered the "main" version at the moment. The best comics come from mixing characters up and combining them in ways that wouldn't necessarily seem to be logical on the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"