The Official Green Lantern Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see were on the same page! See what I did there?

:huh:
I think the contrary. I think he is far from being the best villain ever created, but I think they made him quite cooler. The suit red and black, like emperor of the machines or something, leading the Manhunters. It is good. There are 1000 of villains out there, and they can not have all great cool motivations. His motivation for the moment is OK for me. I tend to forget it when I see him surrounded by Manhunters or Alpha Lanterns.
I think they could have done something better with that, thus. I keep seeing him, and his potential through what I saw in "Wanted Hal Jordan". :up:
Making him a Hal villains is a bad idea IMO. It would be bringing back to an earthman-relatied level, and I think it would be boring. But well Corp, you find Hal boring, so I suppose it suits your taste.

I agree it is not the best villain, but he is far from "a lame villain" especially since they made changes on him.

His motivation sucks ****.

"I WANT TO DIE BUT NO ONE CAN KILL ME SO ILL JUST GO CRAZY AND KILL A BUNCH OF OTHER THINGS UNTIL SOMEONE FINALLY KILLS ME!"

Seriously?

His motivation sucks ****.

"I WANT TO DIE BUT NO ONE CAN KILL ME SO ILL JUST GO CRAZY AND KILL A BUNCH OF OTHER THINGS UNTIL SOMEONE FINALLY KILLS ME!"

Seriously?
Why not just slap him into the Phantom Zone? :yay:

I dont know. I think a guy with a mental illness who wants to die, but no matter what happens he cant, would probably go even more mental and kill a bunch of people, forcing those who may be able to kill him hand. It works for me. That said, I still think the character sucks.

His Origin states that he's basically an evil Reed Richards. If they played that up, he'd be awesome. Instead he went for Dressing up like Superman to Mr. Emotastic.

Evil Reed Richards would totally be awesome. Hell, evil Buzz Aldrin would be awesome, given that he's an astronaut.

I don't know, I'm not a professional writer. But it certainly couldn't be too hard for one of them to come up with something better than "woe is me, I want to die but no one will kill me, boo hoo."

What would be his motivation then?

Impossible.jpg
......Science....?

Everyone would be 100 times better if they were more like Professor Impossible.

He's degraded to a one-note joke character which is typical Johns. I would say he is used mostly because his visual is striking, although it's just Superman mixed with the Terminator.

Last edited:
The Green Lantern uniforms still do not impress me but Kilowog looks pretty good

He looks like the flying dog in the Neverending Story.

That chin is too small. Makes me sad. But then again, I don't care for this film at all.

The eyes throw me off the most. Too human.

Other than that, it's okay.

so I have gotten back into comics and decided to start with GL...after buying about 150$ worth of GL stuff I am really loving what Johns did. Blackest Night was awesome.

I guess in one big sit down read Johns has completely made GL into an entirely different entity than it was when he started.

Face is goodish. Skinlike mutant uniform badish.

Early phase without any of the special effects. It will look glorious on the screen.

The Green Lantern uniforms still do not impress me but Kilowog looks pretty good

Early phase without any special effects on a piece of **** picture. It WILL look glorious on the screen.

That chin is too small. Makes me sad. But then again, I don't care for this film at all.

"I don't care for this film at all despite there being just about next to nothing known about it other than the main actors as well as a general overview of what the suit will look like without any of it's special effects"

Sure is a valid and thoughtout opinion you got there.

Well if part of the post production is getting rid of those baby blues and making him Pink I will be happy.

So i finally read the legendary Green Lantern|Green Arrow series by O'Neill & Adams. :) This was fantastic! So many subjects from overpopulation to murder we're touched upon! I loved the development Hal Jordan and Oliver received during the serie, and yeah the Drug issues we're pretty good. I loved the manly tears Oliver shed as Roy grew up into a Man. :) Really took me by surprise that O'Neill had Roy explain why some kids do drugs, it was just fantastic!!!!

Some of the first comics I ever read...always loved those books.

"I don't care for this film at all despite there being just about next to nothing known about it other than the main actors as well as a general overview of what the suit will look like without any of it's special effects"

Sure is a valid and thoughtout opinion you got there.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back