The Dark Knight Rises The Official Harley Quinn Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it would be so poetic. Harvey died at that building, so did 2Face. Enter 2Facette. God, what a bad joke.

^Lol :p

I jsut tihnk its a stupid rumour. Really stupid.

Me too, naturally. I find it surprising that it's still going around. And this coming from a guy who's been watching Smallville and every discussion about it in the SHH boards!

I'm amazed the rumour even started. Didn't one of the brothers Nolan say the original idea for Rachel's character in BB in early development stages was for it to be Harvey Dent, but WB wanted a main female? If that's the case then Rachel was pretty much one big plot device. I couldn't see Nolan even thinking about bringing her back.

OMG SHE SHUD B 2 FACE!!!111!!ONE!!!!1!
Your insinuation that, amid failing to hold down the "shift" key, you had actually typed "one" in full, actually made me laugh out loud.

Its how the internet dumbasses are portrayed ;)

:D. Seriously, have you guys never seen the ''ONE'' written in like that before? I know I have, dozens of times.

Very much so, imo. I think she's got more acting chops than just about everyone mentioned in this thread. Her work over the 3 years of VM was some of the most impressive work I've seen on TV (yes, even more impressive than my favorite HBO shows), and the characters in those other things I mentioned were COMPLETELY different that than character. She's done the murderous sociopath, the humorous sunny personality, the seriously damaged girl, and then in VM, just about everything else under the sun, lol.

Bell has got acting chops but better than anyone mentioned in this thread? I think not. In terms of the votes she definitely has the upperhand but i firmly blieve Amy Acker is her biggest competition. Acker has had about threee seasons on Angel so its easy to compare that to Bell's 3 seasons on VM. Although its a rather uneven comparison because both shows are different in genre Amy would be more suited because of her drastic transformation and shes proven that she can be in a sci-fi esque show. Kristen has too because she was one of the main things that saved heroes season 2 but i think Amy could hold her own a little more than KB. Amy has done just about all of the things under the sun as well(all in one show too) and her resume is much smaller than Bell's which really impresses me.

Bell has got acting chops but better than anyone mentioned in this thread? I think not. In terms of the votes she definitely has the upperhand but i firmly blieve Amy Acker is her biggest competition. Acker has had about threee seasons on Angel so its easy to compare that to Bell's 3 seasons on VM. Although its a rather uneven comparison because both shows are different in genre Amy would be more suited because of her drastic transformation and shes proven that she can be in a sci-fi esque show. Kristen has too because she was one of the main things that saved heroes season 2 but i think Amy could hold her own a little more than KB. Amy has done just about all of the things under the sun as well(all in one show too) and her resume is much smaller than Bell's which really impresses me.
It's easy to compare Bell's 3 seasons and Acker's 3 seasons, and yes, I believe Bell easily surpasses Acker in that comparison. True, she never got a drastic transformation like Acker, but she got much meatier dramatic stuff (and comedic stuff, if you think about it) than Acker has EVER gotten on Angel or Alias, and I've seen every single episode of both. And not only did she handle it well, but she knocked it out of the park so much so, that I can't imagine that any other actress could have been so heartbreaking, or so funny, or whatever the scenes may have called for. She just adds more...character(?) to her characters, if that makes any sense. So yeah, I would say that Bell is slightly more talented. But as I've said, I think both would be up for the role. Bell just has a slight edge from where I'm standing.

It's easy to compare Bell's 3 seasons and Acker's 3 seasons, and yes, I believe Bell easily surpasses Acker in that comparison. True, she never got a drastic transformation like Acker, but she got much meatier dramatic stuff (and comedic stuff, if you think about it) than Acker has EVER gotten on Angel or Alias, and I've seen every single episode of both. And not only did she handle it well, but she knocked it out of the park so much so, that I can't imagine that any other actress could have been so heartbreaking, or so funny, or whatever the scenes may have called for. She just adds more...character(?) to her characters, if that makes any sense. So yeah, I would say that Bell is slightly more talented. But as I've said, I think both would be up for the role. Bell just has a slight edge from where I'm standing.

Oh ok i understand what your saying . but the way i was looking at it was from the perspective of what harley would b elike not Kristen Bell's overall range from comedic to serious and how that would mesh with Harley. However i see what your saying I was just saying i just feel there is Halreen and Harley Quinn and Amy could do both with ease. BTW that reminds mehas Kristen Bell ever done an accent like harley or something similar to it?

Oh ok i understand what your saying . but the way i was looking at it was from the perspective of what harley would b elike not Kristen Bell's overall range from comedic to serious and how that would mesh with Harley. However i see what your saying I was just saying i just feel there is Halreen and Harley Quinn and Amy could do both with ease. BTW that reminds mehas Kristen Bell ever done an accent like harley or something similar to it?
I don't think she's done one exactly like Harley, but she did do an extreme NY-ish accent when she was pretending to be a casting agent once. But it was more along the lines of Janice from Friends than Harley.

Amy would seem more convincing at first glance doing the psychiatrist aspect of the role, and I know she could do both sides of the role. But Bell could also do both sides (though she'd have to "sell" the psychiatrist part since she's so tiny, blonde, and non-psychiatrist-looking), and imo, her performances are a little more "real" or grounded than I've seen from Acker which is why I think she'd be a slightly better fit for Nolan's world.

But those two, along with Zooey Deschanel, are definitely my top 3 picks. I think all 3 of them could be great in the role.:yay:

LOL i only have a top two Amy and Kristen. Evryone else is kinda meh thathas been mentioned in the polls.

Amy would seem more convincing at first glance doing the psychiatrist aspect of the role, and I know she could do both sides of the role. But Bell could also do both sides (though she'd have to "sell" the psychiatrist part since she's so tiny, blonde, and non-psychiatrist-looking), and imo, her performances are a little more "real" or grounded than I've seen from Acker which is why I think she'd be a slightly better fit for Nolan's world.

Assuming they keep the psychiatrist aspect of the character. With no Joker anymore the whole psychiatrist part of the character is somewhat redundant.

To be more realistic, I would think that Harleen Quinzel would be more of an intern at Arkham than an actual psychiatrist. I find it somewhat unrealistic that a seasoned psychiatrist who is good enough to be hired at a place like Arkham Asylum would bend as far as would be necessary for such a dramatic transformation into the Joker's Harley Quinn. But if she were someone inexperienced with a fresh mind not so strong in psychology, then maybe.

^ yeah, which is exactly the way it happens in her original introduction

BatmanAdventures-MadLove-20.jpg

BatmanAdventures-MadLove-21.jpg

BatmanAdventures-MadLove-22.jpg

It would be much better if she were a skilled psychiatrist because it would show just how good The Joker is at tuning people from good to evil.

^ yeah that would also be nice, but it's a matter of trade-offs and balance isn't it. i mean we already know that Joker peverts good people. Do you really need to compromise a degree of realism by making her an veteran psych instead of an intern? It's becoming redundant. With the intern you can convey the same corruption but retain a a little more emotional credibility, because deep down it's easier to believe that a naive and enthralled young girl can be manipulated by the big bad wolf. Audiences are already familiar and accepting of this idea it happens in real life all the time. The sweet 16 yr old with the ******** older boyfriend for example. Also when she's younger it's more a case of innocence exploited and destroyed, it's sadder for her.

edit - in case anyone cares, the origins in Mad Love and Batman:Harlequin are slightly different. The second one was supposed to introduce her into mainline comics universe as opposed to just being a Batman Adventures DCAU story, so maybe that's the most relevant one.

In Mad Love DCAU she is a student who cheated her way into top marks by 'kissing' her lecturers. She is attracted to the glamour of supercrims and wants to write pop-psychology books about them. Joker convinces her he is a misunderstood and abused soul who only needs acceptance, then one day he escapes Arkham and Harley is misses him and is afraid for his safety all alone out there. When he's captured and returned beaten and bruised by Batman she is reunited with him and collapses sobbing and holding him in front of shocked staff- this is the real turning point. He's imprisoned again so she goes out buys a costume and comes back to spring him for good. In her teens she was a champion gymnast.

In Batman:Harlequin she earned her med school 'hot shot' name with genuine hard work. She knows her stuff yet she's still young and inexperienced with real casework. Again she wants to write books about supercrims, however this time instead of Joker convincing her he's misunderstood he persuades her that he needs time outside of Arkham to 'practice his rehabilitation'. As normal Harleen Quinzel she colludes to arrange his escape in the interests of his medical progress, but she's caught in the act, deemed criminally insane (she couldn't grasp that it was wrong) and sentenced to Arkham herself. Then when the Cataclysm hits the power goes out and the prison doors open, she wanders into No Mans Land, sees corpses of disfigured Joker victims and rushes to find him again, stopping to create a costume on the way. He eventually tries to blow her up and then Poison Ivy finds her dazed in some wreckage. Ivy gives her a potion that boosts her strength, speed, agility and immune system

I agree that the intern angle would be best. To believably convey the turning of a seasoned psychiatrist into a madwoman, it would take the length of an entire movie - that's not something they can just conveniently skip over without people crying foul. Interns are more naive and vulnerable, so it would be much easier for the audience to just accept that he did this and move on.

In addition to that, I would like her to be corrupted in two phases- firstly by exposure to the savagery and degradation of the bestial inmates at Arkham, and secondly by The Joker's posturing as her sympathetic ear, and the only man who can explain the logic of this hellish new world to her.

All these ideas sound fine except we're sans one Joker, meaning I think the HQ character needs re-evaluating, she has to be re-interpreted in a way so that a) she can work independently as a villain in and of herself (not a major one, more like a Scarecrow type of role), and b) she can still have her mind twisted by the Joker without physically meeting him, like some sort of deranged stalker.

Do you think they can do something like how they were supposed to do her for Batman triumphant?(Jokers lover, or whatever you want to make her going out and tryingto get revenge on Batman for killing joker(in this case, putting joker away?) Not sure how it would work thinking about it..

Do you think they can do something like how they were supposed to do her for Batman triumphant?(Jokers lover, or whatever you want to make her going out and tryingto get revenge on Batman for killing joker(in this case, putting joker away?) Not sure how it would work thinking about it..

A shot in the dark but here it goes.

While In Arkham the people of Gotham vote to have the Joker killed by the electric chair. What we didnt see prior to his release in Batman Begins is that the reason he got out was because of the intern at Arkham,Halreen Quinzel. She hears about this vote that Gotham city decides to cast against the Joker and goes mad. Now harley cant carry a movie alone by her self wreaking havoc on Gotham and taking revenge because although the motives are the same she would be to similar to the joker. So. Two Face and Maybe Poision Ivy should be included.

I'm not sure you could have the people of Gotham vote to kill someone without seeming to retread the moral conundrum presented by the boat sequence in TDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"