The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread.

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by AVEITWITHJAMON, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norm3 Registered

I meant LL as well. They made changes that weren't necessary. Which proved to me they didn't understand the character from the CB or how important canon was to the fans.

2. JeetKuneDo Guitarist

Of course if these work, we'll all be rich and this board will explode due to all of us having too much spare time on our hands. ;)

3. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

I agree with some parts and disagree with others. While I do think that Banner shouldn't be in total control in The Avengers' film, because that would suck out all the drama, I have nothing against Banner being in control in theory. I don't think he's inherently better with the Bruce Banner/Savage Hulk duality, and I think as a concept it shouldn't have lasted as long as it has. The Hulk is a great basic concept, but what kept the story going was change and innovation. Banner developing as a character and coming to grips with his inner demons and mental health problems as they also developed and grew worse or better over time. I think the most brilliant thing they ever did was having Bruce be cured of his instability and gain complete control over his powers and a more confident and whole personality during the "Professor Hulk" storyline. And while I think that his having a relapse every now and then wasn't a bad idea, I think that bringing him back to the realm of the Savage Hulk entirely was a major step backwards for his character. I think the fact that The Hulk has gotten a lot more calm and intelligent, and the only sign of his DID is that he thinks of both selves as separate and occasionally talks to himself, is a good step in the right direction.

4. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

Professor Hulk basically had Banner's intelligence and ingenuity, and Hulk's impulsiveness and roughousing demeanor. He could be discussing quantum physics one minute, then fighting someone and calling them some of the crudest names ever the next.

5. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

I liked that. It was a broken man piecing together his identity into a cohesive whole. I dug that. And while I like the idea of him relapsing into his Savage Hulk ways, as relapse is often pretty likely for mental illness this serious, especially if one is under stress, the way it happened and the reason it it happened was making him the Savage Hulk again to placate people who didn't want it to change ever.

6. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

i want a green scar type personality. much like how hulk was portrayed in the planet hulk animated movie.

7. Doctor Jones shocked and baffled

But you seemed to also be generalizing, which was what I was trying to explain in my post. What you said that the director should be a fan of the source material is narrow minded. They don't have to be.

8. Norm3 Registered

I want to see the Hulk evolve over time because of his experiments on himself. I think Marvel will wait on that for many years. Even though my favorite Hulk will always be what everybody seems to be term him the Savage Hulk. I would love to see a movie where he's Hulk with Banners brain but the threat is so bad he needs to convert himself back to Savage Hulk.

9. Whiskey Tango Registered

I would watch the hell out of a Professor Hulk movie. Especially if they could manage the feel of Peter David's run on the comic.

10. Rock Sexton Registered

The Hulk to the average Joe is some rampaging, all-powerful green giant. Depicting him on screen as a Professor would be laughable IMO. CGI costs alone are the reason you'll never get that. They use banner to generate that aspect.

11. Whiskey Tango Registered

Oh ye of little faith.

[​IMG]

Box office GOLD, I tell ya.

12. afan Registered

Banner is angered and becomes The Hulk, now at that point we don't necessarily have a being that is nothing more than a mindless raging creature, if he is able to quickly resolve the source of the anger that triggered the transformation, The Hulk would actually be somewhat rational, all-be-it on a very basic level, and that is due to Banner's "control". This is the opportunity and the scenario for a vocally communicating Hulk. Of course after a time the lack of any antagonistic stimuli will trigger the transformation back to Banner.

The Hulk certainly beleives himself to be seperate from Banner, but as we know Banner is definitely part of The Hulk's psyche, however once The Hulk appears, he has a very very short tolerance for even the most trivial annoyance, and if the annoyance escalates to an out and out battle, The Hulk can indeed become a raging mindless beast. This is the element that signals to the audience the increase in his strength, not a growth of body mass, but an increase in his savage brutality.

13. jadejaws Registered

just so everyone remembers....

thanks to art teacher for the wonderful concept.

[​IMG]

14. Cracker Jack Registered

QFT

Hey JJ how's it hanging.

15. jadejaws Registered

Doing good man!...how you been? I miss "the space".

16. JeetKuneDo Guitarist

Best looking Hulk ever. Not all "veiny" and "ripped".

17. TikkiEXX Registered

i actually prefer Savage Hulk. smart Hulk is cool too but if i had to pick only one it,d probably be the Savage version. i also dig Skaar and Hiro-Kala(the sons of Hulk). wonder if theyll ever pop up in a Marvel flick. seriously doubt it tho.

18. Silver Knight Registered

I still think Hulk will look very different and will have short hair.

19. First Avenger Registered

Nah I don't think,it's in the same continuity as TIH,even if Banner has changed Hulk will be the same.maybe he'll have short hair,but I like him with long hair more,to me it feels more like a 'savage' creature.

20. Silver Knight Registered

Im not so sure.

We have yet to see Hulk with short hair on the big screen.

21. First Avenger Registered

I remember back in 2008 an interview with Rhythm and Hues,the studio that made TIH's Hulk model,saying that their CGI model was ready to be used in the Avengers if Hulk was in the movie,so that they would just make animations to that model.creating a completely new Hulk would be a waste of money at this point.

#1546 First Avenger, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  22. First Avenger Registered

23. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

Welcome to the hype first avenger

24. jadejaws Registered

Man I hope you're wrong.....my interest in the film would be next to nothing at that point.

but I completely see how you'd think that.

25. Silver Knight Registered

Yeah true.. I guess we will find out in about a year or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.