The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread.

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by AVEITWITHJAMON, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeetKuneDo Guitarist

I have to wonder if Hollywood even knows the Hulk exists. They've treated every presentation of the character as "The Bruce Banner show". So to them, it probably makes perfect sense to have Banner control him so they can rid themselves of the pesky guy they are afraid to allow the power of speech to.

2. Hoblin Registered

More speech would be awesome beyond belief. I personally don't think it would come off as corny or anything like that. It's expected that the Hulk has simplified speech. It's part of American pop culture. Everyone knows it.

I think that this clip almost perfectly demonstrates how Hulk should talk. And I don't think (although I'm not sure) that the general audience would find it awkward.

Am I just too accustomed to that manner of speech? Are we all too accepting of it because it's in the comics? Would the general audience find than corny or laughable ? These are serious question...I honestly don't know.

3. First Avenger Registered

More speech and TIH's design would be perfect,I trust Whedon will make Hulk a real character.

4. Cracker Jack Registered

If you (can :cwink:) watch it, Ang's Hulk doesn't really lift the tank, he rams it and then uses centrifugal force so there :oldrazz: Also it's helps when he's twice the size of the tank.

Blonsky gave him a good fight? He doged him is all. Now Abony gave him a fight and he would have eaten the three gamma dogs.

I'm doing good Jamon and yourself?

5. ArtTeacher Registered

[​IMG]

Exactly.

Agreed.

Thank you! Savage Hulk = WIN!

I'm going wild. Nice post, Hoblin!

6. Cracker Jack Registered

Good post.

7. Norm3 Registered

I love the way the last two directors had no clue who the comic book Hulk was. They were quick studies & still couldn't buy into different CB things like LL didn't like the Abomination features. Ang Lee needed a King Kong size Hulk etc. Marvel just dropped the ball in hiring foreign directors that didn't grow up reading the CB..

#1507 Norm3, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  8. Norm3 Registered

I also didn't like the fact LL need to make the Abomination taller than the Hulk in order to show he's stronger. Not to mention the changing of Samuel Sterns. Who was a dumb janitor who gets smart because of Gamma accident. It mirrored the Hulk in a sense. Dumb Janitor get turned into Genius Scientist.

#1508 Norm3, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  9. Norm3 Registered

If they change the Hulk again. I hope we don't get another 15ft Giant-Man Hulk in Avengers.

[​IMG]

10. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

The Hulk at that size would end up taking the place of Giant Man. Hulk was never meant to be a size changer.

11. Joined:
    Jan 11, 2008
    That's kind of a narrow-minded view, don't you think? There are so many directors who take some liberties with the characters their films are about because they think it serves the film or their style in some way. I'm not saying it's ok for a director to ignore what's in the books, but some aspects of a comic book can restrict the filmmakers ability to adapt it. So small liberties must be made. While I didn't really like Abom's look in TIH, his look in the comic's wouldn't have looked so good on film. Would've looked a bit weird, don't you think? Maybe an amalgam of those looks would've worked. And I seriously doubt that the made quick studies of the books. Of course they acknowledged so many aspects of the character. They did somehow convince Marvel they were right for the job. They just took certain artistic liberties.

12. Norm3 Registered

No I don't. Just like an American not grow up reading French or Chinese comic books. That American wouldn't be a better choice to direct one of those movie. It would be better to hire someone who was a fan of the source material than needing to learn from scratch. Sorry for not being PC.

13. Cth Registered

I wouldn't mind if the status quo was similar to the end of ONSLAUGHT, where we did have a Banner controlled Hulk that was in danger of losing control and when he finally gives over, there's this insanely powerful, dangerous savage Hulk that takes care of business.

14. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I think hulk is standing kinda close to the camera there, I'm not entirely sure he's 15ft. Imo

15. Norm3 Registered

He's right next to the Hulk.

16. Doctor Jones shocked and baffled

That is pretty damn narrow minded. Simply hire the best filmmaker and stroryteller who will know what he can do to make a good film. And that includes reading the source material. He doesn't need to be a fan already. He just needs to be competent and know what makes the character work. Being a fan is a bonus, but it's not neccessary.

17. Norm3 Registered

Thats what they did they hired Ang Lee. I'm glad your happy with the result.

18. Obi-Ron Deal with it

It would have been AWESOME. :abom:

19. thorstone Registered

This character will be totally redesigned, if not gray as well-- it has been recast, get over it.

20. ArtTeacher Registered

Well, there you have it, folks: The *official* word from Hollywood insider, "thorstone".

21. Whiskey Tango Registered

There are a lot of insiders around here. Psychics too.

22. JeetKuneDo Guitarist

Sweet...how about some lottery numbers, guys?

23. Marvel Spider An Insomniac.

And your source is.......?

24. Whiskey Tango Registered

4 8 15 16 23 42

25. Doctor Jones shocked and baffled

I loved what Lee did in the Hulk. But that's subjective. I can understand people's dislike for that film.

But you're basing your point off of one filmmaker. Nolan, Singer, Donner, hell, Abrams wasn't really into Star Trek before directing it. And most of the actors in comic book films never read a comic book in their lives prior to being cast. But the good ones read the comics and understood what it took to make a great film. And that doesn't mean you already have to be a fan. If the fans here tried to make their superhero into a film, most likely it would be a disaster. I'd rather get Ang Lee, someone who knows how to make a film than anyone who says they're a fan of the material but makes a ****** film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.