The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ! I REALLY hope they don't go the "Banner in control of the Hulk" route. It skips past the whole dichotomy that makes the character awesome.

"Banner in control of the Hulk" is just another way saying "Super-strong Banner." And Strong Banner isn't the Hulk. Not even close. At all. Seriously. What if they cured Banner of the Hulk, and then injected him with some serum that gave him super strength? Bam! Super-strong Banner! Now we can rename the book and everything!

I have to wonder if Hollywood even knows the Hulk exists. They've treated every presentation of the character as "The Bruce Banner show". So to them, it probably makes perfect sense to have Banner control him so they can rid themselves of the pesky guy they are afraid to allow the power of speech to.

I have to wonder if Hollywood even knows the Hulk exists. They've treated every presentation of the character as "The Bruce Banner show". So to them, it probably makes perfect sense to have Banner control him so they can rid themselves of the pesky guy they are afraid to allow the power of speech to.

More speech would be awesome beyond belief. I personally don't think it would come off as corny or anything like that. It's expected that the Hulk has simplified speech. It's part of American pop culture. Everyone knows it.

I think that this clip almost perfectly demonstrates how Hulk should talk. And I don't think (although I'm not sure) that the general audience would find it awkward.

Am I just too accustomed to that manner of speech? Are we all too accepting of it because it's in the comics? Would the general audience find than corny or laughable ? These are serious question...I honestly don't know.

More speech and TIH's design would be perfect,I trust Whedon will make Hulk a real character.

TIH Hulk struggled lifting a humvy, which wouldnt even be a quarter of the weight of the tanks in Hulk, not to mention Blonsky gave Hulk a really good fight with just a little of the serum in him.

The 3 dogs were gamma powered and very strong themselves, doesnt matter what type of dog they were.

And anyway, how the hell are you CJ?

If you (can :cwink:) watch it, Ang's Hulk doesn't really lift the tank, he rams it and then uses centrifugal force so there :oldrazz: Also it's helps when he's twice the size of the tank.

Blonsky gave him a good fight? He doged him is all. Now Abony gave him a fight and he would have eaten the three gamma dogs.

I'm doing good Jamon and yourself?

I REALLY hope they don't go the "Banner in control of the Hulk" route. It skips past the whole dichotomy that makes the character awesome.

amen.jpg

"Banner in control of the Hulk" is just another way saying "Super-strong Banner." And Strong Banner isn't the Hulk. Not even close.

Exactly.

Basically, I think Banner in control of the Hulk is just as exciting as Hawkeye in control of Captain America. And that's lame!

Agreed.

Or what about (the) time that Loki took control of Hulk and made him do bad things...Would you blame Hulk for those things? Was that Hulk? Hell NO, it's not Hulk. It's (Loki) in Hulk's body...duh!

Thank you! Savage Hulk = WIN!

I don't even know if that makes sense, but I imagine that if I said it on the Jerry Springer show the audience would go wild.

I'm going wild. Nice post, Hoblin!

All this talk about TIH got me itching to watch it again. So I did. Just finished it.........

I'm glad I watched it again. It's a huge improvement from the first Hulk movie and we can reasonable assume it will get even better in the future.

Good post.

It's probably my favorite tv show of all time.

But the Hulk they were supposed to put on screen was the one from the comic that was bouncing with his super legs from town to town. That was smashing tanks like they were nothing.

Letterier didn't want any of that because he never read the comics, he came to this progect as a fan of the tv show. So he reduced his strength. And Marvel had to squeeze his arm to have Hulk say one word.
I love the way the last two directors had no clue who the comic book Hulk was. They were quick studies & still couldn't buy into different CB things like LL didn't like the Abomination features. Ang Lee needed a King Kong size Hulk etc. Marvel just dropped the ball in hiring foreign directors that didn't grow up reading the CB..

Last edited:
I also didn't like the fact LL need to make the Abomination taller than the Hulk in order to show he's stronger. Not to mention the changing of Samuel Sterns. Who was a dumb janitor who gets smart because of Gamma accident. It mirrored the Hulk in a sense. Dumb Janitor get turned into Genius Scientist.

Last edited:
If they change the Hulk again. I hope we don't get another 15ft Giant-Man Hulk in Avengers.

hulktoobig23.jpg

If they change the Hulk again. I hope we don't get another 15ft Giant-Man Hulk in Avengers.

hulktoobig23.jpg

The Hulk at that size would end up taking the place of Giant Man. Hulk was never meant to be a size changer.

I love the way the last two directors had no clue who the comic book Hulk was. They were quick studies & still couldn't buy into different CB things like LL didn't like the Abomination features. Ang Lee needed a King Kong size Hulk etc. Marvel just dropped the ball in hiring foreign directors that didn't grow up reading the CB..

That's kind of a narrow-minded view, don't you think? There are so many directors who take some liberties with the characters their films are about because they think it serves the film or their style in some way. I'm not saying it's ok for a director to ignore what's in the books, but some aspects of a comic book can restrict the filmmakers ability to adapt it. So small liberties must be made. While I didn't really like Abom's look in TIH, his look in the comic's wouldn't have looked so good on film. Would've looked a bit weird, don't you think? Maybe an amalgam of those looks would've worked. And I seriously doubt that the made quick studies of the books. Of course they acknowledged so many aspects of the character. They did somehow convince Marvel they were right for the job. They just took certain artistic liberties.

That's kind of a narrow-minded view, don't you think? There are so many directors who take some liberties with the characters their films are about because they think it serves the film or their style in some way. I'm not saying it's ok for a director to ignore what's in the books, but some aspects of a comic book can restrict the filmmakers ability to adapt it. So small liberties must be made. While I didn't really like Abom's look in TIH, his look in the comic's wouldn't have looked so good on film. Would've looked a bit weird, don't you think? Maybe an amalgam of those looks would've worked. And I seriously doubt that the made quick studies of the books. Of course they acknowledged so many aspects of the character. They did somehow convince Marvel they were right for the job. They just took certain artistic liberties.
No I don't. Just like an American not grow up reading French or Chinese comic books. That American wouldn't be a better choice to direct one of those movie. It would be better to hire someone who was a fan of the source material than needing to learn from scratch. Sorry for not being PC.

I wouldn't mind if the status quo was similar to the end of ONSLAUGHT, where we did have a Banner controlled Hulk that was in danger of losing control and when he finally gives over, there's this insanely powerful, dangerous savage Hulk that takes care of business.

hulktoobig23.jpg

I think hulk is standing kinda close to the camera there, I'm not entirely sure he's 15ft. Imo

No I don't. Just like an American not grow up reading French or Chinese comic books. That American wouldn't be a better choice to direct one of those movie. It would be better to hire someone who was a fan of the source material than needing to learn from scratch. Sorry for not being PC.

That is pretty damn narrow minded. Simply hire the best filmmaker and stroryteller who will know what he can do to make a good film. And that includes reading the source material. He doesn't need to be a fan already. He just needs to be competent and know what makes the character work. Being a fan is a bonus, but it's not neccessary.

That is pretty damn narrow minded. Simply hire the best filmmaker and stroryteller who will know what he can do to make a good film. And that includes reading the source material. He doesn't need to be a fan already. He just needs to be competent and know what makes the character work. Being a fan is a bonus, but it's not neccessary.
Thats what they did they hired Ang Lee. I'm glad your happy with the result.

This character will be totally redesigned, if not gray as well-- it has been recast, get over it.

Well, there you have it, folks: The *official* word from Hollywood insider, "thorstone".

Thats what they did they hired Ang Lee. I'm glad your happy with the result.

I loved what Lee did in the Hulk. But that's subjective. I can understand people's dislike for that film.

But you're basing your point off of one filmmaker. Nolan, Singer, Donner, hell, Abrams wasn't really into Star Trek before directing it. And most of the actors in comic book films never read a comic book in their lives prior to being cast. But the good ones read the comics and understood what it took to make a great film. And that doesn't mean you already have to be a fan. If the fans here tried to make their superhero into a film, most likely it would be a disaster. I'd rather get Ang Lee, someone who knows how to make a film than anyone who says they're a fan of the material but makes a ****** film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"