The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always felt that Cap's films don't get the respect they deserve because they are inevitably colored by some viewers' feelings on nationalism, war, and possibly American politics as a whole. This is especially true to TFA since it was tied to historical events. I've often heard Cap comic book writers say he's a particularly difficult character to write due to these factors.

Back on the topic of the thread, I've come to feel that SM3 gets hit with a double standard. Some of the same people who think Peter's emo hair and Harry's costume were too cheesy don't have a problem with Ant-Man's climactic fight scene featuring a giant ant and Thomas the train.

That Ant-Man fight was awesome. Honestly it was a better movie than SM3. But I still like SM3.

Awesome pic :applaud Kirsten looked so great in the first movie

-----------------

I prefer SM3 over a few MCU movies but It's hard to say whether its objectively better than those or not. And its hard to compare them because in my opinion the MCU feels inspired by the Raimi trilogy (intentionally or not), especially CA: The First Avenger which IMO has the same heart SM and SM2 have.

I actually agree with this. The MCU owes a lot to Raimi's movies. Altough for me SM3 falls short of everyone of their movies,I think the closest to it is IM2. To me the two Avengers movies have the same effect of SM1-2 back in the day. Just fine CBMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"