Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

The line is "I didn't want this, but I had no choice". That line could be interpreted in a couple different ways. Personally, I never connected that he was referring to the fight that they just had, but I could be wrong.

It's exactly what he was referring to. He just wanted to save his daughter, and Spider-Man kept stopping him and he wanted to remove the obstacle. But, the situation grew beyond his control, and he regretted it.

Spider-Man 2: The Beauty of the Train Scene | Core Ideas
[YT]l4_mJiROoQo[/YT]

Spider-Man 2: The Beauty of the Train Scene | Core Ideas
[YT]l4_mJiROoQo[/YT]
That train fight is still my favorite action sequence from any comic book film. I don't think any comic book action sequence has put me on the edge of my seat in the same way. I love the little deatails throughout the fight. I never noticed how Spidey grabs on to the arms with his legs, then grabs hold of them with his hand to kick Octavius. I miss these type of kinetic, fast paced action sequences in Spider-Man movies.

That train fight is still my favorite action sequence from any comic book film. I don't think any comic book action sequence has put me on the edge of my seat in the same way. I love the little deatails throughout the fight. I never noticed how Spidey grabs on to the arms with his legs, then grabs hold of them with his hand to kick Octavius. I miss these type of kinetic, fast paced action sequences in Spider-Man movies.

Yeah I never noticed him using his legs like that. I know he bends down to not get hit but never caought how he thing gets back to doc like that before. There are some other comic book action sequence that I have really really liked but not like that. I was 15 when Spider-Man 2 came out and that sequence blew me away and it still does ever time I watch it even though I have watched the movie like 50+ times. You know when you have watched something that much and it still blows you way that it is something really special. Also the fact it still blows me away and is still like the best action sequence in a comic book movie even though the movie is going on 14 years is really saying something to has 14 years in movies with tech is a long time and most of that sequence and its CGI still looks real. Only part that kind of looks fake is the people doc is tossing.

4K Blu-Ray cover of Spider-Man 3 looks great
81rWC1FkcVL._SL1500_.jpg

I wish I had 4K BD player.

That picture is still one of the best movie posters of all-time.

I agree. Simple, but offers plenty to say.

Just rewatched the first Raimi film. And first off, nice to see the improved resolution on Blu Ray, but honestly...sure, these cinematic universes are fun and all, but there's a certain charm that's missing from them that's more prevalent in these earlier films that could just tell their own story without needing to have even the slightest connection to something else, though the Doctor Strange name being taken in Spider-Man 2 is a nice in-joke, similar to the Metropolis reference in Batman Forever.

However, it's interesting to go back and watch these films to pick up on stuff I hadn't caught before, like Robbie mentioning that they have a photographer named Eddie who has been unable to get a good picture of Spider-Man. Even through Brock didn't appear until Spider-Man 3, it would've been interesting, in hindsight, to actually have Brock already at the Bugle, but we don't get a proper introduction to him until the third film.

Wow, so this is very cool to see. You might remember that early footage of the first movie that a brief shot of the Alex Ross designed suit in action. This is the suit. Worn by Tobey's movement double John David Ridge, I don't know if Tobey actually wore a version of the actual Alex Ross suit but this is really neat. Makes me wonder if this was supposed to be Peter's original wrestling outfit based on the crude nature of the suit, or if it's just a prototype for the test shots for that early trailer.

spiderman_suit_1.jpg

More pics here.

https://www.screenused.com/index.cfm?item_id=7863

Wow, so this is very cool to see. You might remember that early footage of the first movie that a brief shot of the Alex Ross designed suit in action. This is the suit. Worn by Tobey's movement double John David Ridge, I don't know if Tobey actually wore a version of the actual Alex Ross suit but this is really neat. Makes me wonder if this was supposed to be Peter's original wrestling outfit based on the crude nature of the suit, or if it's just a prototype for the test shots for that early trailer.

spiderman_suit_1.jpg

More pics here.

https://www.screenused.com/index.cfm?item_id=7863

Great find! I would have liked it as a wrestling suit.

Unfortunately though, the link doesn't work.
EDIT: Working link. http://www.screenused.com/index.cfm?item_id=7863

Last edited:
I still find the teaser trailers to both Spider-man 2 and 3 some of the best ever. I can still remember watching that Spider-man 3 teaser trailer when it first came out on in an episode of Attack of the Show. The pure enthusiasm and joy I felt once it was over was epic. Good times. :yay:

Just watched the trilogy again over 3 consecutive nights. Still prefer 1 over 2, and 3 is IMO, still vastly underrated, yes, I can why and where those who aren't fans have their problems with it and rightly so, but problems aside, it still for me, is a 7/10 film, the main issue it has to battle, is coming off the back of two particularly strong films.

Just watched the trilogy again over 3 consecutive nights. Still prefer 1 over 2, and 3 is IMO, still vastly underrated, yes, I can why and where those who aren't fans have their problems with it and rightly so, but problems aside, it still for me, is a 7/10 film, the main issue it has to battle, is coming off the back of two particularly strong films.

Totally agree with your thoughts on Spider-Man 3. SM3 gets a bad rap but it's way more competent and enjoyable than all the movies it usually gets lumped with. I need to do my yearly rewatch of the films, I'm due like Peter's rent.

You can buy me pizza some time.

Today's good!

Spider-Man 1 is 16 years-old today.

Anyone have memories of seeing it in the cinema? I had never been more excited for a movie at the time. For me, I went opening day and again later on. The first movie I can recall watching in the theater more than once. Watching it the first time, I was really eager to see J.J. After the movie, I went and got a Spidey/Goblin movie shirt and the toy web (silly string)-shooters. I wish I could remember more.

giphy.gif

Yep, I fondly remember seeing it at the theater the morning it opened with my parents! The final swing was one of those magical movie moments for me at an impressionable age where it just blew me away at the end for the icing on top of the cake. I think I wound up seeing it 4 more times in theaters after that, what a great movie to see on the big screen. It blows my mind how now we're getting a 7th theatrical Spidey movie this year with the animated one and an 8th next year.

Here's a piece I did last year for the 15th anniversary.
sam_raimi_spider_man_tribute_by_cagscreations-db8kbhe.png

First superhero movie I ever saw in the cinema. Saw it with my dad and cousin. God, I miss Toby.

Anyone have memories of seeing it in the cinema? I had never been more excited for a movie at the time. For me, I went opening day and again later on. The first movie I can recall watching in the theater more than once. Watching it the first time, I was really eager to see J.J. After the movie, I went and got a Spidey/Goblin movie shirt and the toy web (silly string)-shooters. I wish I could remember more.

giphy.gif

Spidey can get a driver's license now! :oldrazz:

This was I would say one of the 3 most special theater going experiences I had in my life. I would say Jurassic Park, Spider-Man, and The Avengers are the 3 best experiences seeing a film at the cinema I ever had!

giphy.gif
The only time I saw Spider-Man in theater aside from Spider-Man 2 is in Infinity War.

Spidey can get a driver's license now! :oldrazz:
He can finally impress MJ with his new car.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jeremija
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"