The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not hard to make a version of Venom more interesting than the comic book Brock. From what I've read of Flash's Venom I like him better.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who actually likes Flash Venom? Much more interesting than Eddie Brock.

I think he's the best version of Venom. If Sony is serious about making these spinoffs work, they should do Agent Venom. I think that's one of the few characters they have that actually can handle a solo film.

I don't know a lot about the different versions of Venom, but there's something about the idea of Scorpion eventually getting the symbiote that I like. Not in film, but in general.

Am I the only one who actually likes Flash Venom? Much more interesting than Eddie Brock.

Agent Venom is a decent character, but I knew Flash couldn't carry his own series for long. He doesn't have the multi-faceted personality of Eddie Brock, which is why I think Broxin was brought into the series for awhile as an attempt to save it. It probably would have been better for Flash if he had been given a new symbiote, or at least not the black one.

I don't know a lot about the different versions of Venom, but there's something about the idea of Scorpion eventually getting the symbiote that I like. Not in film, but in general.

Is it because Gargan is a loser who feels life has mistreated him?

Is it because Gargan is a loser who feels life has mistreated him?

That's a description fitting for most of Spider-Man's villains.

I really like Scorpion as a villain, for some reason. I like his origin, I like his hatred and paranoia, I really like his suit/weapon etc. I think he's very underrated, barely mentioned at all. I feel him with the symbiote would be more brutal.

That's a description fitting for most of Spider-Man's villains.

Norman? No
Otto? No
Mysterio? No
Hobgoblin? No
Kingpin? No
Vulture? No
Kraven? No
Carnage? No
The Lizard? No
Smythe? No
Chameleon? No

Sorry but I don't see it as a description fitting most of Spidey's villains. Sure several of them are losers but not most.

I really like Scorpion as a villain, for some reason. I like his origin, I like his hatred and paranoia, I really like his suit/weapon etc. I think he's very underrated, barely mentioned at all. I feel him with the symbiote would be more brutal.

What specifically about his hatred and paranoia sets him apart from the others?

Norman? No
Otto? No
Mysterio? No
Hobgoblin? No
Kingpin? No
Vulture? No
Kraven? No
Carnage? No
The Lizard? No
Smythe? No
Chameleon? No

Sorry but I don't see it as a description fitting most of Spidey's villains. Sure several of them are losers but not most.

What specifically about his hatred and paranoia sets him apart from the others?

OK I guess I was wrong about that, most was an exaggeration. Still, I don't see why you seem to criticise my rather simple opinion that the idea of the symbiote bonding with Scorpion is pretty exciting. Or I'm misinterpreting your post. I'm not talking about Scorpion having the symbiote from the get go, but much like in the comics where it's one of the hosts later on. I'm not even talking about it being used in any films at all, just that I think the thought is pretty cool in general. Scorpion is like a human weapon specifically made to be a natural predator of Spider-Man. Such a villain getting the symbiote is to me more exciting than Eddie Brock stalking Peter all the time.

When it comes to the differences, I don't think many Spider-Man villains are as paranoic as Scorpion. Sure, I may give Scorpion more credit than he perhaps deserves according to others, but that's how I view him.

Sometimes I read people's comments about the Raimi trilogy and his interpretation of Spidey... and sometimes I think - "Is it really a big deal that he doesn't quip too much?"

I liked Spidey being quieter than the comics, because this version was obviously a more adult, serious Spidey.

That's just how I see it though, so... :oldrazz:

For me, it's not so much about Spidey not quipping as much as what's to be expected from him, but rather how uncharismatic Spidey felt.

Sony seems to be teasing something on their official Spider-Man 2 movie Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/SpiderMan2Movie?fref=nf
24oufe0.jpg

10th anniversary DVD/Blu-Ray coming in the fall? Or just Sony trying to get themselves extra likes? We'll see.

I hope it's like a 4k re-release with so many bonus features.

a fan can dream! :o

Just noticed they made the same post on Spider-Man 1's page as well. Maybe a decent trilogy re-release with good artwork.

Just noticed they made the same post on Spider-Man 1's page as well. Maybe a decent trilogy re-release with good artwork.

That would be nice...

Maybe it's something we're not expecting though! :wow:

Maybe a Spider-Man 3 director's cut????

^ That seems too good to be true, but we can hope.

SM1 doesn't need one lol

Why would they say if you like spider-man 2 then you will love what's in store and then release spider-man 3 director cut?

That doesn't quite add up, chances are its got something to so with spider-man 2

It's not only on the SM2 page, though. So, I think it is a Raimi trilogy wide thing.

I'm going to guess that it's just a Raimi Trilogy re-release. A really good one, that is.

I would be insanely happy if it were a Spider-Man 3.1/Director's Cut, though.

You guys know how the SM2 blu-ray has both SM2 and 2.1?

What if it's a re-release of all 3, but SM3 has 3.1 too. :grin:

(holding on to hope :csad:)

I'd pay $50 for the Blowpher cut of SM3, which would blot out as much of VINO as possible. Then give me the first two with extended versions of the first two movies and I'll lay down a C-note.

:woot:

You guys know how the SM2 blu-ray has both SM2 and 2.1?

What if it's a re-release of all 3, but SM3 has 3.1 too. :grin:

(holding on to hope :csad:)

It would be a dream come true. A 3.1 cut would improve the movie immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"