The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also love the scene where he's listening to potential new advertising slogans and he's just sitting there steaming because he's supposed to keep his stress level down, ready to explode at any moment.

For me it was the scene:

Garbage Man: [on bringing in Spider-Man's discarded costume] Now look, uh, I think I deserve a little something for this.
J. Jonah Jameson: Give ya fifty bucks.
Garbage Man: I could get more than that on eBay.
J. Jonah Jameson: All right, a hundred. Miss Brant, give this man his money and throw in a bar of soap.

The look of the Garbage Man at the end is priceless!

:up:

JJJ: Call Debra.
Mrs. Jameson: The caterer?
JJJ: Tell her not to open the caviar.

Everything about that moment was perfect. The dialogue, the acting from both--it was just great. I don't think they could have written that scene any better. Still gets a chuckle out of me whenever I see it.

I still remember watching that scene as a kid and hearing my dad laugh.

It's one of those scenes I'll never forget, along with JJJ's hysterical laugh.

That part was great, but my favorite JJJ moment to this day was

"Mr. Jameson, I'd like a raise."

__j_jonah_jameson_is_amused___by_dark_baudelaire-d52qg96.gif
Well, actually it was "Could you pay me in advance?" :oldrazz:

But, yeah that was the best JJJ moment. We need to make it into a smiley. If the I Kid You Not guy can get one, so can Jameson!

For me it was the scene:

Garbage Man: [on bringing in Spider-Man's discarded costume] Now look, uh, I think I deserve a little something for this.
J. Jonah Jameson: All right, a hundred. Miss Brant, give this man his money and throw in a bar of soap.

lol he was lucky the garbage man didn't hit him for that insult.

The garbage man really should have gone to eBay. He could have gotten way more than a hundred bucks.

I wonder how big ebay was back in 2004. Must have been up and coming since it got a name drop in the movie.

I can't say what my favorite JJJ part is because there are just too many perfect scenes with him. J.K. Simmons is a gift to all Spider-Man fans; one of the best casting choices for a comic book character ever!

I will say this though: He was in one of the genuinely funniest parts of Spider-Man 3, which was during the infamous Black Suit Peter "strut and dance" montage. When Peter puts his feet on JJJ's desk ... The look on JJJ's face is fantastic. :funny:

It started getting big in the late 90s.

Various collector communities really fueled Ebay's rise back then. It's fitting that the Spider-man franchise mentioned it since it opened new doors for people to get rare comics, cards, statues, figures, etc.

For me it was the scene:

During production of the first movie a number of Spider-Man costumes were actually stolen from the set.
This scene is likely one big inside joke referencing that.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/24937/7-bizarre-stories-stolen-movie-props

Apparently no one's spider-sense was tingling when crooks made off with four hand-made superhero suits from the set of the first Spider-Man film. Each Spider-Man costume, valued at around $50,000 a piece, disappeared from a locked building on the Sony Pictures lot, leading authorities to believe it was an inside job. Police received a tip from the ex-wife of a former security guard at Sony, Jeffrey Gustafson, who said he might be involved in the theft. Police searched Gustafson's home and found records indicating that one costume was at a friend's house, two were traced to a collector in New York, and the last one was in the collection of a man in Japan. Adding to Gustafson's woes, police also found in his home a mannequin dressed in a $150,000 Batman costume that went missing from the Warner Bros. lot in 1996. Not coincidentally, Gustafson worked as a security guard at Warner Bros. at the time. For stealing the Spidey suits, Gustafson got 9 months in jail, 5 years probation, and had to pay $93,000 in restitution.

Last edited:
Perfection:

[YT]IgL8h_u2PHw[/YT]

Great selection. I totally agree with their number one choice. I know A Necessary Evil will, too :cwink:

It started getting big in the late 90s.

Ah right. I always assumed Amazon did first then ebay. I remember buying James Bond movies on VHS off Amazon in the late 90's lol.

Well, this movie was good and I don't love it or hate it the first half of the movie was pretty good but then it just went down hill after that. If Peter Parker didn't go emo and kill venom off after only 20 minutes of screen time this would have been a awesome movie..

Technically Peter didn't kill Venom. Peter threw a pumpkin bomb into the symbiote, and Brock jumped in there to try and save the symbiote.

Is Venom Eddie Brock or the Symbiote though?

#PhilosophicalSpiderman

If you go by Marvel then it's the symbiote, because Mac Gargan (Scorpion) was Venom, and now currently Flash Thompson is Venom.

Is Venom Eddie Brock or the Symbiote though?

#PhilosophicalSpiderman

It's Eddie + the black symbiote. While Mac and Flash are decent characters in their own right, neither has come close to garnering the popularity of the original Venom, nor has Eddie's Anti-venom or Eddie's Toxin.

Mac was Venom for several years, and Flash has been Venom for about 2 or more years now I think. The fans don't seem to miss Eddie Brock when they replace him for so long.

Funny thing is so many of the Spider-Man villains have had someone else step into their shoes. There's been several Venoms, a female Doc Ock, two other Vultures, another Mysterio, another Kraven, and good lord look at how many Green Goblins and Hobgoblins there's been!

Mac was Venom for several years, and Flash has been Venom for about 2 or more years now I think. The fans don't seem to miss Eddie Brock when they replace him for so long.

Obviously, that's not the case in terms of merchandise. Venom was a wildfire of profit for Marvel in the 90s. There seemed to be a different product with his face flying on the shelves of retail stores on a weekly basis back then. Anti-Venom, Toxin, Venorpion, and Agent Venom have been meager successes, but nowhere close to the original formula.

That's because Venom was an original character in the 90's. Now there's several different symbiote characters. I mean do the TMNT merchandise sell as well as they did back in the day?

Also Anti-Venom, Scorpion-Venom, Flash Venom and the others are examples of diluting down the symbiote story so much because they have run out of ideas so they just pass off the symbiote to different characters because Eddie got stale and boring.

Am I the only one who actually likes Flash Venom? Much more interesting than Eddie Brock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95