The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft Balloons

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was like Raimi wanted to just show us how ridiculous the symbiote can be.

Either that,or he didn't understand at all how the symbiote works and didn't take it seriously at all. Which makes sense because he was never a fan of Venom/symbiote. But if that was the case,again...why didn't someone on the crew speak up???!!

Either that,or he didn't understand at all how the symbiote works and didn't take it seriously at all. Which makes sense because he was never a fan of Venom/symbiote. But if that was the case,again...why didn't someone on the crew speak up???!!

Either way, it was very ignorant for Sam Raimi to say he became a fan of Venom because if he couldn't even get the symbiote storyline right, what makes him think he can justify by using Venom in ANY way? If he got the symbiote story itself wrong, there is no way he can show the viewers he means well by anything he did with Venom, even if that means Venom had a very good shot of killing Spidey, right up there with Green Goblin.

Now, I believe he did film the GOOD scenes right from the novelization, but still...the whole "symbiote making Peter into a doofus" is just too silly and something I did not want to see with the symbiote. I wanted to see all hell rage and anger, not Peter flinging his hair and dancing all the time :whatever:

But, it happened, and Raimi proved that he lost his mojo after only making two films. Too bad he didn't stop at two though; it would have been different to not go for a trilogy, but at least he would've kept all* of his fans.

* = I'm not saying Raimi lost his entire fanbase, lol, but I am saying that he lost some of his fans by making a horrible Spider-Man film after two amazing installments in 1 and 2...and, as I mentioned, after doing GG and Doc Ock, the two best villains in Spidey's rogue gallery, maybe he should've just called it quits.

Look what I found in the mail :yay:

img00085201107181120.jpg

Look what I found in the mail :yay:

img00085201107181120.jpg

Nice. I bought mine several months ago. Only drawback is the first two movies have no special features on them at all.

Nice. I bought mine several months ago. Only drawback is the first two movies have no special features on them at all.
Oops, didn't check that :D

But really happy that SM2 includes 2.1 :woot:

I own multiple copies of the movies, LOL. Including the Blu Rays, which I picked up recently. I've had each on DVD for years, but i never managed to pick up the BLu-Ray copies suntil January of this year.

I have the 2 disc DVDs of SM1, 2 and 2.1... Sadly, 1 and 2 films are in 4:3 :(

That's over now, I can enjoy the trilogy in WS glory :D

Nop, I like it, but I don't know why I just rented it and I never got around to buy it. I think it was pricing (DVDs are quite expensive here, it takes a lot of time until they reach a reasonable price)

I guess I waited, waited, and then forgot :D

Either way, it was very ignorant for Sam Raimi to say he became a fan of Venom because if he couldn't even get the symbiote storyline right, what makes him think he can justify by using Venom in ANY way? If he got the symbiote story itself wrong, there is no way he can show the viewers he means well by anything he did with Venom, even if that means Venom had a very good shot of killing Spidey, right up there with Green Goblin.

Now, I believe he did film the GOOD scenes right from the novelization, but still...the whole "symbiote making Peter into a doofus" is just too silly and something I did not want to see with the symbiote. I wanted to see all hell rage and anger, not Peter flinging his hair and dancing all the time :whatever:

But, it happened, and Raimi proved that he lost his mojo after only making two films. Too bad he didn't stop at two though; it would have been different to not go for a trilogy, but at least he would've kept all* of his fans.

* = I'm not saying Raimi lost his entire fanbase, lol, but I am saying that he lost some of his fans by making a horrible Spider-Man film after two amazing installments in 1 and 2...and, as I mentioned, after doing GG and Doc Ock, the two best villains in Spidey's rogue gallery, maybe he should've just called it quits.

I think Raimi can take most of the blame with how Venom and the symbiote storyline were messed up. People can say all they want that he didn't want Venom in the film and that the character was forced into the film. And that may be true,but as the director of this film,if he didn't understand Venom and how the symbiote works,then he should've done his research...or somebody should've been there to make sure he got things right. I mean,he DID agree to use Venom and the black suit afterall. I've expressed before how I never liked the Vulture,but if I were making a Spider-man film with him as the villain then I would do my best to give the character his just due and not screw over the film just because I didn't like him. I'm not saying that's what Sam did,but things should've been handled better when it came to Venom...considering he's one of Spidey's 3 top foes and probably the most popular villain of all time(along with the Joker).
But I also think that alot of others deserve blame with how the film came out. Arad put Venom in. Laura Ziskin(Rest in peace)also wanted to have Gwen Stacy in there. I think it was a case of too many cooks in the kitchen.
I liked Spider-man 3 alot and believe that it doesn't deserve all the hate it gets,but I do see the flaws. The movie should've been alot darker and alot more serious,exploring the inner turmoil in not only Peter,but Eddie Brock and Harry Osborn in more detail.
But,I firmly believe that if the film was as good and as dark as we all expected,than it would've challanged Titanic for the top money maker of all time.

Question: is there ANY OTHER superhero franchise that has re-created images directly from the comics?
amazing_fantasy_15.jpg
n_aCAP27RWE.jpg

SpiderMan_NoMore_comicScene.jpg
Spider_Man_no_more-1.jpg

6119-2127-6685-1-amazing-spider-man-_super.jpg
spiderman_3_movie_image_thomas_haden_church_as_sandman_fighting_spiderman.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads