Not open for further replies.
a3117226f1d5__1311026450000.jpg

819886778943__1310874739000.jpg

1393160b2b09__1311026109000.jpg

196623fd23b8__1310874205000.jpg

04779adf5a60__1310874268000.jpg

997e4c32ffd8__1310874615000.jpg

060edaa119b1__1311026071000.jpg

But,I firmly believe that if the film was as good and as dark as we all expected,than it would've challanged Titanic for the top money maker of all time.

If anything, Spider-Man 3 should've been dark-dark and not campy-dark.

Question: is there ANY OTHER superhero franchise that has re-created images directly from the comics?

I don't know about a whole lot of re-created images, but TDK had Dent, Gordon and Batman together ontop of the building.

meeting.jpg
harvey-dent-gordon-batman.jpg

That meeting didn't call to mind a specific comic book event for me. The death of the Waynes is about as close as it gets.
SpideyVsVenom.jpg

Spiderman3ii.jpg

spider-man_3_black_and_wide.jpg

The costume in Raimi's movies was so spot on it's almost not fair to compare the ASM one to it. Raimi got it right the first time. :up:

Yesterday, I finished watching Spider-Man 1-3. (I was gonna stop at 2, but I said 'What the hell?') And...well, they made me sad. :csad:

I'm gonna sound like KAW here, but they really didn't hold up very well. Maybe I'm just spoiled by movies like TDK and X-Men: First Class. I dunno. They just didn't feel right. ESPECIALLY Kirsten Dunst. God! I've complained about her before, but seeing her 'in action' again was terrible. She is just...terrible. Tobey acted fine, but sometimes, (once again...KAW-like) the lines he was given were stupid. Most time they were Peter parts, but that fight in the burning building has some of the worst banter ever. :funny: I think some of you know what I'm referring to. The fight scenes were, of course, a blast. Can't rag on those. They are just too fun. The CGI, pitch-perfect...AFTER the first film. I thought KAW was trolling with the whole 'Raimi's CGI was crap', but in the first film, it WAS crap! (Unless he was swinging, then it looked great) The Goblin suit is a joke still, I remember hating it from day 1. Ock was great, Harry was great, J.J. was incredible. His ***** assistant, Hoffman, was obviously thrown in for comedic relief. And SM3? Well...it's SM3.

They're still fun movies, but in no way, shape or form are they great...unless costume is everything.

SM1: 6.5/10
SM2: 7.5/10
SM3: 4/10
Trilogy as a whole (not an average, btw): 7/10

Just thought this was the right thread to post it in.

That meeting didn't call to mind a specific comic book event for me. The death of the Waynes is about as close as it gets.

It recreates a great scene from The Long Halloween, which is an inspiration for The Dark Knight so it works completely.

spidermandrewmc20.jpg
+
newsuit.jpg
+
Spiderman-HOM.jpg
+
l_3ca6a318d3a744d8aef16e1dafb1bf5a.jpg
+
Spider-ManNewCostume.jpg
+
CostumeSpiderUnlim.gif
=
AmazingSpiderman_Teaser.jpg

Very nice comparisons. I've said many times that Webb's suit isn't far out there, he just wanted to change it to make it look completely different from Raimi's. Now sure, that may not have been a wise decision to change just for the sake, but it's nice to see that Webb's suit does look familiar in some cases.

Yesterday, I finished watching Spider-Man 1-3. (I was gonna stop at 2, but I said 'What the hell?') And...well, they made me sad. :csad:

I'm gonna sound like KAW here, but they really didn't hold up very well. Maybe I'm just spoiled by movies like TDK and X-Men: First Class. I dunno. They just didn't feel right. ESPECIALLY Kirsten Dunst. God! I've complained about her before, but seeing her 'in action' again was terrible. She is just...terrible. Tobey acted fine, but sometimes, (once again...KAW-like) the lines he was given were stupid. Most time they were Peter parts, but that fight in the burning building has some of the worst banter ever. :funny: I think some of you know what I'm referring to. The fight scenes were, of course, a blast. Can't rag on those. They are just too fun. The CGI, pitch-perfect...AFTER the first film. I thought KAW was trolling with the whole 'Raimi's CGI was crap', but in the first film, it WAS crap! (Unless he was swinging, then it looked great) The Goblin suit is a joke still, I remember hating it from day 1. Ock was great, Harry was great, J.J. was incredible. His ***** assistant, Hoffman, was obviously thrown in for comedic relief. And SM3? Well...it's SM3.

They're still fun movies, but in no way, shape or form are they great...unless costume is everything.

SM1: 6.5/10
SM2: 7.5/10
SM3: 4/10
Trilogy as a whole (not an average, btw): 7/10

Just thought this was the right thread to post it in.

:up:

You both are a bit glum about the trilogy, at least not that glum

You both are a bit glum about the trilogy, at least not that glum

You use 'glum' way too much, lol.

And it's not that at all...times change and in 2011, we've encountered many movies that outshines Raimi's trilogy. It's a bit weird for one to say those movies are still the best when they're simply not.

And it's not that at all...times change and in 2011, we've encountered many movies that outshines Raimi's trilogy. It's a bit weird for one to say those movies are still the best when they're simply not.

an opinion can neither be right or wrong. If someone feels that they are the best then thats their opinion.

I noticed

I don't think they're the best, but they are among the movies I enjoy the most considering my top 20 movies list

an opinion can neither be right or wrong. If someone feels that they are the best then thats their opinion.

I'm not saying I disregard any opinions; just stating that it's uncanny to still hear those opinions.

I'm not saying I disregard any opinions; just stating that it's uncanny to still hear those opinions.

thats the beauty of opinions...we like things that other people dont.

Costume-wise, I think the biggest disappointments were "New Goblin", symbiote/black costume Spider-Man, and Green Goblin.
  1. "New Goblin": This one doesn't even look like a Goblin. It just looks like an armed snowboarder. Why did they ditch the great glider design from the first movie? Why not take the opportunity to refine the previous Green Goblin design instead of making a "New Goblin"?
  2. Symbiote/Black costume Spider-Man: I don't like how this one is mostly just a black version of the red and blue with the legs changed on the symbol(s). I would have preferred that they at least put an updated version of the original symbol.
  3. Green Goblin: I know this gets a lot of hate, but I like the basic concept-The Green Goblin costume is mostly based on the existing flight-suit for the glider. The execution is lacking, especially the mask, which pretty much neutralized Willem Dafoe's ability to express and be intimidating. Fortunately, the glider itself looks good. The bat motif is visible, but subtle enough to be coincidental.

Costume-wise, I think the biggest disappointments were "New Goblin", symbiote/black costume Spider-Man, and Green Goblin.
  1. "New Goblin": This one doesn't even look like a Goblin. It just looks like an armed snowboarder. Why did they ditch the great glider design from the first movie? Why not take the opportunity to refine the previous Green Goblin design instead of making a "New Goblin"?
  2. Symbiote/Black costume Spider-Man: I don't like how this one is mostly just a black version of the red and blue with the legs changed on the symbol(s). I would have preferred that they at least put an updated version of the original symbol.
  3. Green Goblin: I know this gets a lot of hate, but I like the basic concept-The Green Goblin costume is mostly based on the existing flight-suit for the glider. The execution is lacking, especially the mask, which pretty much neutralized Willem Dafoe's ability to express and be intimidating. Fortunately, the glider itself looks good. The bat motif is visible, but subtle enough to be coincidental.

the symbols on the black suit are different from the red blue suit

1. Harry wasn't trying to be theatrical or anything, he wanted what could get the job done. I have a feeling if he put on a suit and did a little Goblin voice fans would whine at that too.
    The Symbiote suit changed the eyes slightly, made them darker, and also had the brick pattern on the suit look more organic and reflective, instead of cloth-like. They changed the two spider symbols, made them a bit whiter etc.

I thought the Symbiote suit was great. The pics of the all black suit in the making of book looked silly, and wouldn't have captured light too well.

the symbols on the black suit are different from the red blue suit

I said, "with the legs changed on the symbol(s)." So I didn't neglect to mention that. I would have preferred a more comic-book styled symbol.

Harry wasn't trying to be theatrical or anything, he wanted what could get the job done. I have a feeling if he put on a suit and did a little Goblin voice fans would whine at that too.

Then why even call him the "New Goblin"? I just thought it was kind of lame.

The Symbiote suit changed the eyes slightly, made them darker, and also had the brick pattern on the suit look more organic and reflective, instead of cloth-like. They changed the two spider symbols, made them a bit whiter etc.

I thought the Symbiote suit was great. The pics of the all black suit in the making of book looked silly, and wouldn't have captured light too well.

The changes between the two aren't noticeable enough to me.
Couldn't they have at least made the legs more like the comic book version?
cbm28.jpg

I mean after the great job they did adapting the red and blue (or red and black, in the original comics) costume, this:
spiderman3.jpg

Was disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95