The Official 'I Still Love Ang Lee's Hulk' Thread - Part 1

Ang Lee pretty much did what Immortal Hulk is doing now.

Been meaning to read those for a while.

Has some pacing issues but otherwise I still really like this movie.

Yep, that first hour, though I like it, can be rough for some people, trim it a bit and I think people would have been kinder to the movie.

I just dont get the complaint about bad CGI when it comes to Hulk, never have, never will.

Even today, most of the cgi still looks great.

Yeah, the CGI is still really good.
Here I am quoting these two posts 7 years later to agree, the effects aged surprisingly well.

Yeah, I feel like Al Ewing is doing what Lee did but more successfully. Going into the psycho drama but still retains the tenets of what makes Hulk fun. It's a better balance. But I still think Lee's attempt is admirable and has value.
So.. Al tapped into what made Peter David's run (and the Kenneth Johnson show, to a lesser extent) fondly memorable? I should jump into reading this run, or might wait a bit since it will soon end and I want to try and read it in one or two settings.

Here I am quoting these two posts 7 years later to agree, the effects aged surprisingly well.

So.. Al tapped into what made Peter David's run (and the Kenneth Johnson show, to a lesser extent) fondly memorable? I should jump into reading this run, or might wait a bit since it will soon end and I want to try and read it in one or two settings.

From my understanding, Ewing uses a combination of elements from past great Hulk runs like David's and synthesizes them into something pretty unique and his own. Ewing goes more into the body horror direction. He really taps into that first issue of Strange Tales and runs with it as the core.

But if you love Hulk or comics in general, absolutely read it. I can't remember an ongoing superhero comic being this amazing.

From my understanding, Ewing uses a combination of elements from past great Hulk runs like David's and synthesizes them into something pretty unique and his own. Ewing goes more into the body horror direction. He really taps into that first issue of Strange Tales and runs with it as the core.

But if you love Hulk or comics in general, absolutely read it. I can't remember an ongoing superhero comic being this amazing.

Is this the Immortal Hulk run? As I have been waiting for the TPBs to come out.

I've been meaning to revisit this. I hadn't seen much, if any, of it since it came out in 03. Finally did so tonight and it...exists? I think Ang Lee did a pretty good job with Hulk, showcasing his powers, but Eric Bana's Bruce brought nothing to the table and Betty is just there. Sam Elliott was a solid Ross though and Nolte did an okay job. Wasn't crazy about him either.

I can see why a lot of people said this movie is too serious. It wouldn't have been a problem for me if I was more invested in Banner and Betty.

I did really like the comic book angle they took with the editing and cuts and some of the action still holds up fairly well. I still think the best version of Banner and Hulk in the movies is Ruffalo in the first Avengers. It's been pretty down hill since then though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"