Days of Future Past The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully! I bought a ticket for the play, but that was easy...the difficult part is, well, the whole rest. :woot:

I'm excited for WttP. The script was chosen as on of the best unfilmed British scripts in 2011, and critics praised a lot Eran's last film, the really low-budget "Shifty". Knowing James, I know how he chooses his scripts carefully, so I expect characterization and an interesting story, not only bullets flying around.

Hmmm...maybe, but I think that the blue tint is an interesting stylistic choice - "Neon noir", as Eran calls it. I bet it'll look beautiful on the big screen. I'm really curious to see how it'll work.

And, yeah, it's been toooooooo long since James' last film! :cwink:

He may just have wanted a fun action movie too though. Don't forget, he was in Wanted, which pretty much was just bullets flying around (or, shall we say, curving around? yuk yuk). I know very little about acting as a career but I would think it'd be nice to occasionally do something fun like an action movie, kind of taking a break from the more intense roles.

Still not sold on the blue. I don't know There's something very clinical looking about it, but I think it was purposely used to make the audience uncomfortable and therefore be dubious of whatever they're seeing onscreen (from what I gleaned from the trailer, there's someone they're after, who's bad! But actually not bad! But could be bad! dun dun dunnn). I just find it such a lazy way to set that atmosphere and tension. The acting alone should be able to create that, or the music. If that's what they're going for.

There's also something... less gritty about the blue, if that makes sense? It gives it a sci-fi look which means that violence/fight scenes in this movie will have a bit of a "lifted" surreal feel. Like JM's character will wake up and it was all a dream or something. Honestly if this was tinted like a normal movie I would be interested but I just can't get past the tint.

I haven't seen Shifty (not my kind of movie at all) but I looked it up on RT and while reviews were fairly positive, the overall rating was "just ok" from critics and audiences alike. Sadly, a solid script does not a ensure a good movie. Just as, hopefully, like in DOFP, a bad script won't necessarily lead to a bad movie (seriously who the hell hired Kinberg with his track record).

James McAvoy's next movie, Welcome to the Punch, has an HD trailer. Looking pretty slick! :wow:

[YT]rr-O_v0mlx8[/YT]

Also the poster for his Macbeth in London (from February to April 2013)

jamesmacbeth_playposter_zps56f5cb77.jpg

He has a busy year ahead! :woot:

Didn't James play MacBeth in Shakespeare Retold? It was a modern day re-telling.

Holy Hotness!
Still waiting for this baby to be released. :csad:

Anyway, here's the first trailer for the second James' film being released this year, Trance. It looks so amazing I can't even. :wow: Boyle is such a creative director, the cinematography in Trance is looking stunning and the story intriguing. It'll be released in the UK in March, and the rest of the world will just have to wait a bit more.

[YT]1OCNT9By214[/YT]

You may be disappointed by Days of future past since he's probally going to be going
bald In film.

Not sure what that has to do with the previous posts, lol. :huh:

Trance looks really good. Boyle is an interesting director and I always liked films that deal with memory somehow.

And... OMG James's eyes :hrt::woot:

^ Pretty excited about Trance too, and not only I love films dealing with memory but also with the idea of what is hidden inside of us. Which reminds me of Haneke's "Caché"...which is another story. ;)

^ Pretty excited about Trance too, and not only I love films dealing with memory but also with the idea of what is hidden inside of us. Which reminds me of Haneke's "Caché"...which is another story. ;)

Hey, Loganbabe, here's a quote from someone on YouTube after watching the "Trance" trailer:

"James McAvoy and Vincent Cassell in a Danny Boyle movie, along with the always lovely Rosario Dawson? Don't just take my money, let me give you my account number."

:)

I am looking forward to this movie, more so than "Welcome to the Punch," although I want to see both. And I'm dying to see "Filth."

Hey Nerial! :cwink:

Oh yes, this comment is pretty much accurate. Just take my money, sir! :woot:

The films are really looking good! And Filth will be such a surprise to people...can't wait for that one.

Btw, got you email and I'll answer you asap. :yay:

James McAvoy Stops During MACBETH at Trafalgar Studios to Help Collapsed Audience Member
by broadwayworld.com

According to an audience member's Tweet, James McAvoy stopped in the middle of last night's performance of Macbeth at Trafalgar Studios in London to help a collapsed audience member.

"Saw James McAvoy stop mid culmination scene in #Macbeth to help a collapsed audience member," Tweeted an attendee on March 21. "Crack a joke or 2, then continue with the same intensity. Top guy."

Another report indicates that McAvoy went into the audience to make sure the theatergoer was all right, called for emergency staff, then returned to the stage to finish a fight scene.

McAvoy plays Macbeth in a production by new West End theatre company Traf Transformed, headed by Jamie Lloyd. Macbeth opened Feb 9 and will run through April 27, 2013.

The show, set in a "dystopian separatist Scotland", plays the Trafalgar Studio in Whitehall Theatre, as one of four plays to be produced in the new space featuring designer Soutra Gilmour.

On stage, McAvoy has also appeared in Donmar Warehouse's Privates on Parade, the Apollo's Three Days of Rain and more. McAvoy is in post-production on film projects Filth, Welcome To The Punch and Trance, and will next appear in X Men: Days of Future Past.

McAvoy's other film credits include The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, The Last King of Scotland, Atonement, Wanted, Becoming Jane, and X-Men: First Class. On television he has appeared in State of Play, Shameless, Children of Dune and Band of Brothers.
http://broadwayworld.com/article/Ja...os-to-Help-Collapsed-Audience-Member-20130322

It's kinda funny seeing him with hair and bread considering the fact by end of Days of future past his version of Xavier could be bald.

It's kinda funny seeing him with hair and bread considering the fact by end of Days of future past his version of Xavier could be bald.

will be interesting come filming time to see if he still has hair, i mean he could go the bald cap route but does seem abit artificial for the role

That Macbeth poster up top looks like the Star Trek Into Darkness poster :p

I'm not really expecting James McAvoy to be bald, even if he was in late 20s or early 30s in First Class. A 10 year jump wouldn't make someone completely bald (naturally). Maybe when his character is already in the mid 50s, then maybe he'd start losing his hair.

James has already told that it wont be a natural thing, but something connected to the plot.

Well If the time travel Is Patrick and James switching minds a fallout could be Xavier In
1973 losing his hair.

James has already told that it wont be a natural thing, but something connected to the plot.

I was referring about his appearance at the beginning of the movie. I'm not expecting James McAvoy to be bald right at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"