Guardians of the Galaxy The Official Karen Gillan Topic

I found her to be much more interesting than Ronan honestly. And I like her dynamic with Gamora, what little we got to see of it. It is a pity that she was underused, but the fact that:

Survived and escaped at the end made me happy. I think that we'll be seeing her again.

I thought she was great in the movie. Hope she turns back up again. Would love to see her go toe to toe with Gamora again.

Thats why Hollywood has bald caps. Or cgi. or both. They shouldn't have to shave her head.

guess you've never applied a bald cap before...

It all depends on where they want to spend the money - they can pay her a few bucks extra to shave her head and shave hours off the make-up time every day she works or they can go the bald cap route [like they did for the reshoots] and spend several more hours in the chair every day as well as thousands more in post cleaning it up...

I loved her and think she'll be the Boba Fett of this franchise.

I would never insult Nebula to the point of comparing her to Boba Fett. :o

guess you've never applied a bald cap before...

It all depends on where they want to spend the money - they can pay her a few bucks extra to shave her head and shave hours off the make-up time every day she works or they can go the bald cap route [like they did for the reshoots] and spend several more hours in the chair every day as well as thousands more in post cleaning it up...

Well I dont work in Hollywood to worry about applying a bald cap, but it is just an alternative if she didnt want to shave her head again.

Her comedy show will not be a success. She's a geek sex symbol...and there is ZERO shame in that. She has Dr Who cred, which goes far with geeks. She should understand that if she tries to focus on romantic comedies etc then she will deflate her rising career.

Oh...one thing about Nebula is that she's a thousand times cooler than Gamora. If she becomes an anti-hero, then Gamora is useless.

And you're basing that off what? Critics have been positive about it from what I've seen so far.

How exactly did Nebula die, or meet her grisly fate? I know she was hanging off the side of the ship, but then some idiot in front of me decided to get up and leave the movie at that point and was having a conversation with the person next to him while standing up, and obscured my view. :cmad: :cmad: And who leaves the theatre in the middle of a scene like that?

What exactly happened to her after Gamora was trying to offer her her hand?

Actually there were several people who kept going in and out as if they needed the toilet or something. And some after only 20 minutes. It's not like it was such a long movie, and people shouldn't drink so much anyway!

She didn't die. She hijacked a Ravager ship after falling off the Dark Aster and flew away. Good thing too, Nebula's beautiful :o

I would never insult Nebula to the point of comparing her to Boba Fett. :o

LOL you mean because Nebula actually did something in the movie and didn't just get painfully overrated by fans because she looked cool? :woot:

It's not really insulting, Gunn said the same thing about Nebula at the UK press conference.

She didn't do "nothing", its just that the main things she did had to do with fleshing out the characterization of the world. Or, Nebula's purpose was to have a distinct personality, and she did a good job of it. Besides, she's totally going to return, I guarantee it.

I found it very strange and creepy (in a cool way)
how she repaired herself after getting hit by that big gun.
I thought it was only her arm that was bionic. Karen Gillan was great though.

I guess Gunn thought that having Karen speaking in her native Scottish accent would be too distracting for Nebula.

I enjoyed how Nebula was pretty much out solely for herself despite the alliances she had made. Even though she was Thanos' adopted daughter, she was clearly disgruntled about having to serve him, and she turned on him as soon as Ronan decided to betray Thanos himself. And then she didn't even stick with Ronan; as soon as the battle started to go south, she made her escape and left Ronan to fend for himself. She's looking to be quite a loose cannon.

High res close-up. Seeing the details really makes me appreciate how great of a make-up/prosthetic job they did for her. Like the way the metal piece around her eye is pulling the skin, and the metal plate on top looks like it's actually dug into her head.

http://imgur.com/lKu7fNv

She's the creapiest but hot in a weird way alien I've seen.

totally bias because she played my favourite doctor who companion
but i thought Karen's performance was great, definitely looking forward to seeing more nebula

I enjoyed how Nebula was pretty much out solely for herself despite the alliances she had made. Even though she was Thanos' adopted daughter, she was clearly disgruntled about having to serve him, and she turned on him as soon as Ronan decided to betray Thanos himself. And then she didn't even stick with Ronan; as soon as the battle started to go south, she made her escape and left Ronan to fend for himself. She's looking to be quite a loose cannon.

Not to mention Thanos openly stated that he preferred Gamora over Nebula; can't blame her at all.

I just saw it again last night, and focused on Nebula. The first time I saw the movie, I was a little disappointed with her, because Karen Gillan had described her as unhinged and a psychopath. This time I realized she was very unhinged but in weird ways. She constantly yells and is always foaming at the mouth. Her walk tries way too hard to be a "commander" walk. (Towards the end of the movie, when the Dark Aster is just starting to be attacked, and when she's ordering sakarrans about and then leaves the main room that Ronan is in, she does this priceless funny walk out of the room in the corner of the screen) These both probably tie into her sort of inferiority complex about being her father's second favorite. She thinks she's terrifying, and she definitely is, she thinks she the Thanos type terror when really she's more like Ronan with a healthy dose of Harley Quinn. That isn't to say that she isn't violent and psychopathic, but she does it in a way that gives the characters a lot of layers.

Yes and this movie get's better with every viewing.

And you're basing that off what? Critics have been positive about it from what I've seen so far.

Just a guess (and a hope, since I'd rather see her in movies). However, I do not write the laws of the universe, so I could be wrong.

I just saw it again last night, and focused on Nebula. The first time I saw the movie, I was a little disappointed with her, because Karen Gillan had described her as unhinged and a psychopath. This time I realized she was very unhinged but in weird ways. She constantly yells and is always foaming at the mouth. Her walk tries way too hard to be a "commander" walk. (Towards the end of the movie, when the Dark Aster is just starting to be attacked, and when she's ordering sakarrans about and then leaves the main room that Ronan is in, she does this priceless funny walk out of the room in the corner of the screen) These both probably tie into her sort of inferiority complex about being her father's second favorite. She thinks she's terrifying, and she definitely is, she thinks she the Thanos type terror when really she's more like Ronan with a healthy dose of Harley Quinn. That isn't to say that she isn't violent and psychopathic, but she does it in a way that gives the characters a lot of layers.
I remember seeing that walk you're talking about on both viewings and laughing out loud. It really is a strange walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"