Guardians of the Galaxy The Official Ophelia Lovibond Topic

Why would she be in the Nova Corps if she's an assistant to the Collector?

Why would she be in the Nova Corps if she's an assistant to the Collector?

That's what I thought.

And I think the vast majority are going to take THR's word over Mayimbe's.

El Maybe probably thinks The Collector is part of the Nova Corps, too.
Or did I mean "The Controller?" :oldrazz:

I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally typed one or the other with all this talk about Collector and Controller. At 80wpm my fingers work faster than my brain sometimes.

idk if Lovibond and Pace would make a very good couple... hmmm...

Then again, not really sure if Pace and Saldana would make a good couple :p

ophelia-lovibond-profile.jpg

Well, Ophelia Lovibond (Nowhere Boy, Mr. Popper's Penguins, No Strings Attached) is the last addition to the cast.

She will play an aide to a being called The Collector, who gathers artifacts and beings in the hopes of saving them from a foretold galactic annihilation.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/guardians-galaxy-adds-one-more-443087

Haven't ever seen her in anything. Anyone know how good of an actress she is?

I need Moondragon to be in this so badly, she's one of my favorite Guardians. Who am I kidding all of the Guardians are my favorite lets just throw them all in.

Now why don't we still have any details on Ophelia's role in this movie? Is she actually in this film? She wasn't listed in the official announcement. If she is, it probably is only a small role.

I'm still hoping she will be Carina, since the Collector is confirmed for this movie.

It is strange she wasn't on the Comic-Con panel.

Well, neither were John C. Reilly and Glenn Close

Her role is probably like The Other in The Avengers. She probably just follows the Collecter around so he'll have someone to interact with (Assuming he'll be isolated for most of the film).

Her role probably just isn't that important.

^ Good sir, you seem to have a similar mindset regarding Thanos. I don't think a lack of casting news means a small/unimportant role, I think that could be considered, jumping to conclusions :D.

Wasn't there speculation around here though that she was Korvac's wife? I'd LOVE to see a bit of Korvac in this movie. He's that character you sort of forget about, but would love to see on screen

There was speculation that she was Carina, yes, which is still possible. Doesn't mean she has a large role.

The fact she is not on the casting call her at comic-con, and no one has even mentioned her, and the fact the cast is already pretty large, points to her having a small role. It's not like I'm saying confirmed but it would be silly to try and argue it seems like her role will be big or important.

Do you think that Thanos will still have a small role for similar reasons?

though I think Lovibond won't have a large role as well, the lack of casting isn't why I would agree. Though the lack of comic con appearance plays a part

Last edited:
Benedict Cumberbatch for Korvac :o

I'd actually love for this to lead to Korvac in A2. Hell, they can even have him working with Thanos again if they wanted, although that might be a bit of a retread.

Count me in!

6PSuV4q.gif

:jedi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"