The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Craig as Bond...can't see him as Lex

There is probably better people to choose from yes, but I have faith in him. He does have great acting ability and he is very ruthless even as Bond himself Ive always almost wanted to see him play a Bond villain himself.

He is a great actor no doubt...LOVE him as Bond

As Bond he has a pretty big ego, thats a big important part of Lex. He can give Lex the Superiority complex the character really needs, and show him as a very serious person. I herd he was a great villain in Tintin (although I have not seen myself). So far Im down with Craig, Wilson, and giving Spacy a second chance with a different script

Can't see Craig as Lex, there's something about him. can't put my finger on it, but he's just too....British - and I don't mean just his accent (and that comes from someone who is British).

Can't see anyone who fits the mold better than Jon Hamm. Seriously, he's perfect.

jon-hamm-bald.jpg

Last edited:
Dont know him so I cant really say. I was just watching Warrior and Tom Hardy is a such a good f****** actor and I also thought he was the best part of Inception, but Im not sure he has the look. I can see him pulling off the acting no doubt, he could be very convincing, and a bald head...but hes too young perhaps?

You do know Hardy is in another Superhero film this Summer, right? :yay:

Hamm stars in Mad Men. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It is essential viewing.

You do know Hardy is in another Superhero film this Summer, right?

Hamm stars in Mad Men. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It is essential viewing.
Haha of course, hes Bane. Batman is my number one comic character. We do know that Nolan will be involved though and we knows once he finds someone he likes...he stick with them. So you never know. I could see it working. Cant wait to see him as Bane!

Haha of course, hes Bane. Batman is my number one comic character. We do know that Nolan will be involved though and we knows once he finds someone he likes...he stick with them. So you never know. I could see it working. Cant wait to see him as Bane!

Yeah, he's going to be great. Although I do think he's a great actor, he's totally wrong for Lex. Judging by how his Bane looks, he's too physically imposing for Lex.

Maybe if he lost some muscle mass I might have to have a rethink though...

Billy Zane has the look for real but can't act to save his life! I really like Chris Meloni as Lex. I still think he will turn out to be Lex due to how secretive they were about his casting

Billy Zane has the look for real but can't act to save his life! I really like Chris Meloni as Lex. I still think he will turn out to be Lex due to how secretive they were about his casting

Not seen him in anything, but judging by some of the photos I've seen of him, he does have a smiliar stature to him as Jon Hamm. So I could accept that casting.

But I don't like the idea of a 'Lex pretending to be an army official' plot point if that's the case (can't remember his character's name, but I believe he's supposed to be a General or Colonel, right?). Let's just have him be Lex and be done with it.

Meloni does have the look absolutely, I only know him from fear and loathing though so I dont know enough to say he could act it. Ill have to check that out. Im really caught on Hardy right now though. Trying to think of all the positives and negatives because he has to be one of the most underrated actors around right now

Not seen him in anything, but judging by some of the photos I've seen of him, he does have a smiliar stature to him as Jon Hamm. So I could accept that casting.

But I don't like the idea of a 'Lex pretending to be an army official' plot point if that's the case (can't remember his character's name, but I believe he's supposed to be a General or Colonel, right?). Let's just have him be Lex and be done with it.

If you haven't seen Titanic something is wrong. Billy Zane also played The Phantom. And Meloni is supposed to be playing Col. Hardy

Meloni does have the look absolutely, I only know him from fear and loathing though so I dont know enough to say he could act it. Ill have to check that out. Im really caught on Hardy right now though. Trying to think of all the positives and negatives because he has to be one of the most underrated actors around right now

I have watch Meloni for 12 years play Det. Elliot Stabler on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. He's a great actor and I'm pleased to have him on board in any capacity

Yeah I just looked it up he is cast to play in it. That with the fact he looks just like a real life Luthor makes me think thats very likely

If you haven't seen Titanic something is wrong. Billy Zane also played The Phantom. And Meloni is supposed to be playing Col. Hardy

I was referring to Meloni in my post. Of course I've seen Billy Zane in things, but he is a talentless waste of space (Titanic notwithstanding).

Lex would never pose as an army official for his own underhand purposes, right?

Remember Superman IV.....

600px-Cap1-SIV.jpg

Lex would never pose as an army official for his own underhand purposes, right?

Remember Superman IV.....
I try not to.:dry:

But seriously, pretending to be an army official when we already know who Lex is is one thing. But to announce that Meloni is playing a certain character when he is really someone else (someone who is crucial to the Superman universe) stinks IMO.

Last edited:
I try not to.:dry:

But seriously, pretending to be an army official when we already know who Lex is is one thing. But to announce that Meloni is playing a certain character when he is really someone else (someone who is crucial to the Superman universe) stinks IMO.

Yeah, except team Nolan has done it before.

While I agree with you that it was done well in BB, the characters of Ra's Al Ghul and Lex Luthor are quite different, with regards to how well they are known in the public consciousness.

Before BB I'm sure at least 99% of the GA had never even heard of Ra's, so the twist worked quite well. But because Lex is such a mainstaple in the Superman mythology (in the films at least), IMO I would have thought most people would rather know his character is in MOS from the beginning, rather than discover at the end of the second act that he has really been pretending to be 'the army guy' all along.

I just don't think I'd want to see something like that again.

plus, I really want Jon Hamm to be Lex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back