The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest opinion please...

If Singer doesn't establish Lexcorp, are you going to feel something is missing from the sequel?

Or are you content with the second movie having Lex as a more public figure (politics) obstaining from business practices for now? One that gains at least some trust and has the ability to sway a certain amount of public opinion.

Or if none of the above happens and it's more Lex on the run, hiding if necessary.

Choose please!

A thin Lex would make a nice contrast if they get a huge Superman like Joe M.

KHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! :argh:

My perfect Luthor would be Hugh Laurie.

Cha-Ching. Dude would be MONEY$.

never would have thought of him as Lex..interesting. :)
I'm still hoping for Isaacs.

I imagine younger, but what do I really know...

I'd really prefer to see a Superman movie without Lex that does not suck like Superman 3.

Lex will most likely be there seeing as how it's a reboot, but i'm hoping he is a secondary villain tho.

^ Same here. He should play the same type of role in MOS that Falcone/Maroni did in BB and TDK, except a bit more involved and much more sinister.

Billy Zane is the perfect choice for Lex in my opinion.
Billy_Zane.jpg

he was just about everyones favorite choice 5 years ago. I'm liking Isaacs for Lex this time, or someone just as good as him.

First choice was TOm Hardy. Now he's Bane though.

Here's my first choice now.

Timothy Olyphant.

I think he exudes the cool calculating, yet devilish and charming qualities of the never achieved in a live action film, machiavellian businessman Lex. Plus he has a look that really suits Lex.

Timothy%20Olyphant-SPX-009054.jpg

Honest opinion please...

If Singer doesn't establish Lexcorp, are you going to feel something is missing from the sequel?

Or are you content with the second movie having Lex as a more public figure (politics) obstaining from business practices for now? One that gains at least some trust and has the ability to sway a certain amount of public opinion.

Or if none of the above happens and it's more Lex on the run, hiding if necessary.

Choose please!

I personally will feel dissapointed if there is no LuthorCorp... cause it sort of sets up what Metropolis is like.

Billy Zane is the perfect choice for Lex in my opinion.
Billy_Zane.jpg

:argh:

he was just about everyones favorite choice 5 years ago. I'm liking Isaacs for Lex this time, or someone just as good as him.

I really like Isaacs, but I think i'd prefer an actor who isn't assosiated with other villain roles. It'd be great to find the kind of actor no one is expecting, and have him bring this massive character to life like no one else could.

Throwing out a bunch of names -

Josh Brolin

wallstreetmoneyneverslet.jpg

Billy Crudup

peoplebillycrudup.jpg

Michael Shannon

329552.jpg

Guy Pearce

02guypearcejamesbond071.jpg

John Slattery

rogersterling.jpg

Benedict Cumberbatch

benedictcumberbatch006.jpg

My top choices for Lex, in no particular order:

Jason Isaacs
Guy Pearce
Jon Hamm
Hugh Jackman (a long shot, I know)
Daniel Craig

Crudup would be interesting too.

wouldn't it be hilarious/ironic/awesome if Cavill's co-star from the Tudors, Jonathan Rhys Meyers was cast as Lex???

Jonathan-Rhys-Meyers_35723a.jpg
jonathan_rhys_meyers.jpg

I'm all for JRM. I think Luthor should have some sex appeal.. you know... for the ladies.

Brolin, Phenoix or Shannon, Shannon would be the perfect one outside of Phenoix

Michael Shannon is an interesting choice. On one hand, he's a great actor, and I think he could do really well as Lex. But on the other hand - and I mean no slight to Mr. Shannon, I'm sure he's a very nice man - Shannon just comes across as too grotesque to be the suave, charming Luthor I'm keen to see brought to the screen.

I think brad pitt would be a good lex luthor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"