The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 8

tumblr_lxnwhnUaxg1r4etbjo1_500.gif

It's not so much overacting. He does something no other actor does. I cant even describe. Saying it's overacting , is selling it short.

Still it wouldn't be a good choice

that would be overacted just like everything else he does

That's a bit of an exaggeration. I wouldn't call his work in The Weather Man, Leaving Las Vegas, or Adaptation overacting. I will say that he seems to want to be "Cazy Nic Cage" rather than do legitimately good work. He's essentially taking Christopher Walken's role in Hollywood.

Yeah, that's pretty true. He's sort of become a caricature of himself or something.

Nic Cage is good sometimes. I loved him in Con Air, Face Off, Kick Ass, and Bad Lieutenant. However, for every good Cage movie, you get two to three bad ones.

Larry Fishburne and Brolin had a brief, but torrid love affair

I hope the middling reviews for MOS doesn't deter the big names from taking on Lex. But it'd be nice to see WB strike gold with another Heath Ledger type casting.

Probably a big issue to be honest. I was going to bring it up when people were discussing that Snyder quote where he suggests that Luthor needs to be a big name with the pedigree of Costner, Crowe or Adams. I think Man of Steel's critical reception and all of the Goyerisms in MOS's script will reduce the sequel's casting pull. After all, Nolan is supposedly going to be less involved in getting the next film off the ground. I'm sure his pull must have helped tremendously in the casting.

MIND BLOWN! :exp:

:o

I vote Bill Murray. The man made Lucy Lui cry on the set of Charlie's Angels. Totally Lex material. :D

Brolin and Lane likely wouldn't film any scenes together, so probably wouldn't have to be on set together. The issue would show in the premiere and red carpet showings. They wouldn't have to work together, just be in the same room.

Probably a big issue to be honest. I was going to bring it up when people were discussing that Snyder quote where he suggests that Luthor needs to be a big name with the pedigree of Costner, Crowe or Adams. I think Man of Steel's critical reception and all of the Goyerisms in MOS's script will reduce the sequel's casting pull. After all, Nolan is supposedly going to be less involved in getting the next film off the ground. I'm sure his pull must have helped tremendously in the casting.

Transformers 3 and 4 managed to ensnare John Malkovich, Mark Wahlberg, Frances McDormand and Stanley Tucci.

Good actors will sign on if you pay them enough and if the movie is sure to make money.

Sir Ben Kingsley was in Bloodrayne. Gary Oldman was in Red Riding Hood and the Unborn. Malcolm McDowell was in Tank Girl. Josh Brolin was in Jonah Hex. Viggo Mortensen was in Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3. Movie 43 (ewww) somehow got Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslet, Chloe Moretz, Richard Gere, Emma Stone, Gerard Butler, and many others. Noticing a pattern here.

I still think Kiefer Sutherland would be an amazing choice for the role.
He can at once be charming, noble and terrifying. He's a bit older than some people would like, but his dignity and toughness make me think he'd play a Lex Luthor the audience could both respect for his desire to be the best and hate for his ruthlessness.

Though, it must be said that Denzel Washington would be another actor capable of this difficult juggling act. Much respect to whoever suggested him, it was an inspired choice :)

How about Michael Sheen? (he's a great actor, as well as a chameleon in choosing roles).

Can someone call wb and tell them to cast RYAN GOSLING as Lex immediately!

A lot of good choices..... in this thread.

But wouldn't it be awesome if WB can get Daniel Day Lewis for LL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"