The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about Daniel Craig as Lex Luthor but he played great villains in Road To Perdition and Infamous. Did good American accents in both too.

Daniel Craig strikes me more as Metallo (the STAS version anyway). Not sure about who works as Lex. Shannon is very good in Boardwalk Empire, I l liked Hamm in The Town, I think Billy Zane could pull it off, there's a lot of good options out there, which is a good thing.

I hope they go with the corrupt businessman angle because there's so many things you can do with that. It would give Lex resources, it wouldn't preclude him also being a mad scientist or some of the other things on the list. I do hope they include Mercy in the movie. It really sucks that SR was disappointing because Spacey was great casting, though I wish Peta Wilson had been Mercy.

My choices for lex
Micheal C Hall
Michael-C-Hall_l.jpg

Daniel Craig
daniel-craig-bond-21.sflb

Not Daniel Craig...I don't want to see my country's savior fighting America's savior...its cruel to us Brits. :woot:

Not that we'll get any of them, but i'd love to see either Viggo, DDL, or Decaprio as Lex.

you can't have friggin James Bond as Lex...and would he even be available since Bond 23 is coming out a month before Superman?

you can't have friggin James Bond as Lex...and would he even be available since Bond 23 is coming out a month before Superman?

Nah I think the fact Bond is back on rules him out

Daniel Craig would make such an awesome Lex... but yeah, since Bond 23 is back on that would definitely cancel him out I'd imagine. Ruling out DDL also since I'm pretty sure he's doing Abe Lincoln later this year... that leaves Jon Hamm as my favorite choice.

Yeah, I think Hamm is the only Sucker Punch actor that has a shot at being in this movie because he was in it so briefly that few people are going to remember he was there.

I've always liked the idea of Jon Hamm as Lex Luthor. Hamm as Superman....well......that's another story.

You know who I like for Lex? Gene friggen Hackman. I hope Snyder considers him.. along with the rest of the Donnerverse.

If Hamm gets Lex Luthor, it'll be ironic for me since he was my main choice for Superman along with Cavill. I think that's the mark of a great actor though, if you can see them playing complete opposites. Hamm would make an awesome Luthor for the same reason he would have Superman... his presence would command the room and his Luthor be the one man you could imagine standing up to Superman unafraid.

Aside from Bruce Wayne :D

Eeeehhhh.. I dunno. Hamm seems too.. suave and businessy. Know what I mean? Not traits that embody Lex at all IMO.

Hamm lost credibility for Lex when he did that mock performance. So I cant ever see him getting the role. Besides,he hasn't been Oscar nominated (Which seems to be the craze). Synder isn't like Nolan,casting people just cause he has worked with them before.

Never liked Hamm for Superman, so glad he wasn't cast, he would be acceptable for Lex.

I really think he should. All this Byrne stuff is so old and outdated. Too 80s. Look at the comics now, the modern comics. They've got the crystal fortress, the floaty head Jor-El, the bumbling Clark, dead Jonathan. I'm sure before all is said and done, Lexcorp will be entirely dedicated to the real estate industry.

As with Lois, I'm sure the actor is already cast or close to it, and they're just waiting to announce it. Feels good to say I want Hamm, even if it won't make a difference. :D

I really think he should. All this Byrne stuff is so old and outdated. Too 80s. Look at the comics now, the modern comics. They've got the crystal fortress, the floaty head Jor-El, the bumbling Clark, dead Jonathan. I'm sure before all is said and done, Lexcorp will be entirely dedicated to the real estate industry.

If that's what you want....can't you.....you know.....watch the Donner movies?

People should pay more attention to their calendar.

I started thinking about what kind of casting threads would be made up last night by people. So far pretty much what I expected.

JAK®;19988959 said:
People should pay more attention to their calendar.

Bingo, but I must admit, my posts are tinged with a hint of spite.

I was expecting some announcement about Daniel Day-Lewis being cast for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"