The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
if Lex ends up not being in the film......then they definitely need to hint at him for the sequel ala the Joker card at the end of Begins.........

or even reveal Lex himself at the end or after the credits.......

they do need to give a hint at Lex if not have him in the movie as a background villain

I reckon Zack has already hired his Lex, but he only has one scene in the film. He's a crafty sly man.

Thread Manager, you pseudo-sentient mother****er. :argh:

I'm fine with Lex not being in this one and only being hinted at. But I think he needs to be hinted at throughout, not just as an afterthought. He needs to be an established entity in this universe, well-known publicly, but perhaps just not involved in Superman's life yet.

Why not just have Lex referred to as funding the Army for whatever they think they need to handle Superman?

Why not just have Lex referred to as funding the Army for whatever they think they need to handle Superman?

That would be a great way to do it I think. It would make sense with his near unlimited bank account

And it would show he has a lot of pull over some government branches and who knows what black market type of deals he would do with Army materials.

Even if he doesn't appear in a more prominent role throughout the film, they can always have him appearing on TV like they did with Hank on X-Men 2. My fingers remain crossed that Lex WILL be a part of this film however!!

I was watching True Blood with some friends last weekend, and in a semi-drunken stupor it hit me. Stephen Moyer would kick all kinds of ass as Lex Luthor.

I could see that, yeah. But he's like 5'4", so they'd have to do a lot of camera trickery.

Cavill is only three inches taller than him though. Moyer is 5'10.

i dont have a problem if they show him on the news. or tease him through the movie

BUT only GOD can help WB if they will not show him through the movie and then at the end have an after credits scene. yes i am talking about Green Lantern.

Just rehire gene hackman.

Lol

Ya know, I have advocated moving away from the Donnerverse for years and years. BUT, I would try and land Hackman for a cameo role as the President of the United States or something similiar.

Ya know, I have advocated moving away from the Donnerverse for years and years. BUT, I would try and land Hackman for a cameo role as the President of the United States or something similiar.

that would be awesome. I'm just a hackman fan.

What about Alexander Skarsgard?

I thought about that, and he could definetly be good in the part. But Skarsgard strikes me as more a superhero than villian. I can see Skarsgard as either Green Arrow or Aquaman and nailing either role. Lets see someone laugh at Aquaman with after one minute of watching Skarsgard in the role. I've come across a few people who want Skarsgard to replace Christian Bale as Batman when the time comes.

Moyer, on the other, has a cold brutality to him. You obviously watch True Blood so this won't go over your head. You can tell Bill truly loves Sookie and wants to be the good guy, their has always been a subtle sneaky undertone to him and Moyer does a magnificent job of hiding it. Thats Lex Luthor. Even the properness of the way he speaks is perfect for Lex. And then the moments when Bill gets angry and flips out, or the prohibition flashback with Lorena, he gets scary. Like a scary drunken dad that beats their kid nearly to death for spilling a glass of milk. I'm willing to bet that if Bill and Eric were both human, Bill could beat Eric. Not in a pure fist fight with the viking warrior, but Bill would take a belt or a cord, wrap it around Eric's throat, and choke him to death. Again, Lex Luthor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"