The Official LittleBigPlanet Thread

I got in too. Been plaing it for a while now. Its hilarious.

Don't. Its very buggy, it'd be better to wait for the full thing.

Still, come on. Its LBP. How can I wait any longer?

I'm having trouble with the string. It won't attatch to what I bloody want it to!

It sucks seeing most of my freinds on my list playing this game and not me

Havok, seriously don't worry about it dude. I just spent like an hour creating my first level and the game crashed. Wait for the proper release.

I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF CREATING MY FIRST LEVEL IN LBP, I'M CALLING IT "MONSTER TRUCK MADNESS!!!" YOU'LL SEE WHY WHEN I'M DONE!!!:D I'M ESTIMATING THAT I'M ABOUT 2/3RDS OF THE WAY THROUGH, I'M SORT OF PLAYING IT BY EAR SINCE IT'S MY FIRST TIME!!!:oldrazz: WHEN I'M DONE I'LL LET YOU GUYS KNOW SO IF YOU WANT TO YOU CAN TRY IT OUT AND BE NICE IT'S MY FIRST TRY!!!:oldrazz:;):D:up:

I got into the beta! Enjoying the game so far. Loved the jetpack. That item is pretty fun

i've mostly been working on automatated custom music systems. the goal is to trigger speakers to play notes without the player doing anything then that can run off to the side of the level or in the background. keep running into problems tho.

for example i tried using emitters to emit batches of notes that would fall and be triggered. thing is that the timmings of emiters seems to easily messup. also to work out the spacing of notes so the acceration of gravity was taken into account was difficult. couldn't get that quite right.

i tried using pistons but they have problems of limited length and varying speed.

there is a method where you use a wheel like it's a record. working out the right sized wheel and getting the placement of your notes is very difficult. also takes up alot of space.

because i generaly use a system of magnetic keys i wanted to get around the limit of only having 8 different keys. so i was using AND gates so that a pair of magnetic keys would be required for each note giving you more possiblities at least enough for a whole scale rather than just the eight notes you'd get otherwise. the AND gates use pistons in their design. for the system to work they have to be set so that the key is changing their direction. which effects the pacing of notes you can have in a detrimental fashion. so anyway unless i think of something else i give up. after hours and hours of making various contraptions with wires everywhere and then having to transcribe tunes into various patterns of magnetic keys, i was getting a bit sick with the stresses of the problem.

Last edited:
I made a level called "The Adventure Part 1". Part 2 is almost done. Make sure you read the speech bubbles and comment here if you want.

YAY, I FINALLY FINISHED MY FIRST LEVEL, MAN I THINK I SPENT ABOUT 15-20 HOURS ON THAT DAMN THING LOL!!!:eek: THE BETA'S AWESOME BUT IT'S VERY GLITCHY, WHICH I'M SURE THE FINAL GAME WON'T BE, BUT IT MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL LOL!!!:oldrazz: I WOULD FINISH A HUGE SECTION ONLY TO HAVE TO ATTACH EVERY THING AGAIN BECAUSE IT WOULD FALL APART IF I DIDN'T, NEEDLESS TO SAY I STRUGLED ON THIS ONE!!!:( DESPITE MY MINOR GRIPES IT'S AMAZING THE SATISFACTION YOU GET WHEN YOU FINISH A SECTION OF YOUR LEVEL AND EVERY THING WORKS!!!:D:up: I'M HAPPY WITH HOW IT TURNED OUT CONSIDERING IT'S MY FIRST TRY, I'LL BE SNAZZING IT UP A BIT WITH STICKERS AND FINE TUNING A BIT MORE, BUT IF ANY OF YOU WANNA TRY IT, IT'S ONLINE, IT'S CALLED "MONSTER TRUCK MADNESS", I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT!!!:D:up:

I'm not in the beta or anything, but the PS message board said something about a "Little Big Collosus" level. Where the entire stage is one big monster you have to climb. Even tho it's imitation of a currently exisiting game, it sounds like ppl are really creating some unique levels.

I am almost done my "Adventure part 2" I used up 80% of the thermometer (or whatever it is called) so yeah lots of enimes some killable and some not.

i luckily got into the beta after someone posted a code on the GT forums and i entered it not knowing what it was and saw it was the BEta :D lol i must admit i luuurv this game but i suck at it atm. when im trying to make somthing i rush it so its crap lol its so cool though. sackboy=epic win!

2925503017_031bc37c86.jpg

2926355322_f701230f8b.jpg

Guardian, I plyaed your level dude. The monster trucking was pretty sweet. :up:

I'll get Old Snake.

Guardian, I plyaed your level dude. The monster trucking was pretty sweet. :up:

I'll get Old Snake.

LOL THANKS, YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH OF A PAIN IT WAS TO GET THE ACCELERATION JUST RIGHT SO THAT IT WOULDN'T FLIP OVER ON EVERY JUMP, BUT I'M GLAD YOU LIKED IT, THANKS!!!:D:up: MY NEXT PROJECT IF I HAVE TIME BEFORE THE BETA ENDS WILL BE A ROLLER COASTER!!!:D:up:

P.S. OLD SACK SNAKE AND SACK SEPHIROTH EQUALS PURE AWESOMENESS!!!:D:up:

Do you think that LBP will be able to interact with the PSP via Remote Play?

The game looks fun. Love the dolls of popular gaming characters. Snake and Kratos are just awesome.

Oh, and... :woot:

Has anyone else have server problems with the beta? It says a connection couldn't be established to the LBP server. I guess I will delete it and redownload it and see if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"