• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Lois Lane Casting & Discussion Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the people who wrote that Christina Hendricks article either got their lines crossed, or are deliberately trying to bullsh** people. Those quotes from her were taken from an interview she did for All-Star Superman.

That being said, I actually really like the idea of Hendricks as Lois Lane. Although, that would mean she'd either have to dye her hair or wear a wig, and since she's already the picture of my ideal woman, I'd hate to see her change a thing about her appearance.

Thanks for the info. I haven't seen Christina Hendricks in anything, I don't think...but I have All-Star Superman on my Netflix cue. On a side note, been re-watching episodes of Superman: The Animated Series, and I'm really liking that depiction of Lois Lane.

Thanks for the info. I haven't seen Christina Hendricks in anything, I don't think...but I have All-Star Superman on my Netflix cue. On a side note, been re-watching episodes of Superman: The Animated Series, and I'm really liking that depiction of Lois Lane.

Dana Delaney best Lois Lane ever :up:

This poll is messed up. It says I voted for Dianna Aggron, but as far as I can remember, I haven't even voted. Anyways, back to casting. I'm liking Emily Blunt more and more.

This poll is messed up. It says I voted for Dianna Aggron, but as far as I can remember, I haven't even voted. Anyways, back to casting. I'm liking Emily Blunt more and more.

Yeah its messed up I thought someone was trying to sort it but havent heard a thing

Mine shows no votes for anyone, but still says I have voted...

Yeah, I think all of the polls got screwed up once this Thread Manager stuff started.

normal_018.jpg

normal_175.jpg

normal_001.jpg

I dunno why people think Stroup looks too young. Even in 90210, I think she looks older than her age.

Last edited:
Stroup is still my fave, but at this point she stands pretty much no chance...which is why i've gotten on the Wilde wagon.

It's because she still looks like a high schooler.

I think Stroup looks like shes in her early 30s

I don't. And she's not a good actress anyway, so I'm not about to give her the benefit of the doubt that she could "pass" for older, either.

I don't. And she's not a good actress anyway, so I'm not about to give her the benefit of the doubt that she could "pass" for older, either.

She can't pass for older though. She looks (and comes across) like a teenager and would be completely miscast as Lois (who's supposed to be a grown career women, not a high school kid) and as someone who's very familiar with her work, she's not right for the role.

she CAN look like a teen, but she doesn't normally...

...and imo, she doesn't come across (act) like a teen either. some of you foreal make me question your eyes. Miley Cirus, Selena Gomez....those are what teens look like. Jessica Stroup looks at least 5 years older than both of them.

Last edited:
I dunno, I'd just go with an actress with experience in Lois Lane like roles (Rachel McAdams), over an actress with experience in real life Journalism anyday.

People have come up with legitimate reasons for why they believe Olivia Wilde is 'too hot' or as I put it 'too much a sex symbol' to play Lois Lane, and posted them throughout this thread.

As I keep saying (although at this point I feel like i'm talking, and people are just staring at Olivia's boobs going 'huh, what she say? Olivia Wilde for Lois Lane!)

I don't think it's just her appearance that's the problem, but that she is considered a sex symbol by almost everyone I know. Whether she wanted it that way or not, she is percieved as something to... drool... over (there I put it politely).

Regardless of her ability to act the character (which I personally don't feel from her), her being in the film would have an effect on the expectations of the audience. And they would have to do a lot of work to make Lois Lane more than just the eye candy of the Superhero movie, the peice of ass by his side (which she deserves).

I think Olivia has as much support as John Hamm or Joe Manganiello did. I think Rachel McAdams is as popular a choice across the board as Henry Cavill was.

I think Olivia may get a shot (if she even wants it or has time for it), but I will be very surprised if she gets it.

ALL hollywood actresses are beautiful IMO. So it's not really a question of that for me. If they cast McAdams, I don't anyone is gonna be going 'oh they went with the ugly girl'.

But I see Olivia Wilde AS a Playboy-esk woman. I think she'd make an absolutely amazing Lara Croft for example. I could even see her as Ripley if they did an Alien remake. Just Not Lois Lane.

Most of us have legitmate reasons for wanting her as Lois, but you seem to think that we're all just thinking with our *****. :whatever:

Playboy-esk? How the hell do you get that? She's far more classy than that.

Rachel McAdams would be awesome as well. Most of us like both of them

I wouldn't be surprised if either of them got it.

Lois being portrayed correctly is the only thing that should matter. I, and others, truly believe that Olivia could be a great Lois and that's the main reason why we like her. :yay:

Last edited:
I caved and watched 5 eps of 90210 and I don't see what the fuss is about. Stroup looks great, but that's all I can say in her favor.

Most of us have legitmate reasons for wanting her as Lois, but you seem to think we're all just thinking with our *****. :whatever:

McAdams would be awesome as well. Most of us like both of them.

Lois being portrayed correctly is the only thing that should matter. I, and others, truly believe that Olivia could be a great Lois and that's the main reason why we like her. :yay:

Well said, Jake. :up:

The notion that the people that like Olivia Wilde for Lois, is based on just her looks alone is really obnoxious. If that was the case, then let's just cast any smokin' hot model in the role (Michael Bay style) and be done with it.

Olivia is not only a solid actress but she's incredibly charming, charismatic, funny, and could easily portray Lois' spitfire personality. I just think she has what it takes to give us a great modern interpretation.

But like you, I'm open to just about anyone given their right for the role. Emily Blunt could be good, as well as Rachel McAdams (both extremely talented actresses, who would bring something different to the table).

At this point, it's best not to get attached to just one pick and wait and see who get's the role.

I wouldn't have a problem with Wilde, McAdams, Blunt, Davalos, or Rossum. In the end , a certain segment of fanboys are gonna complain no matter who gets chosen much like with Cavill, so Synder ain't gonna be able to please everyone regardless.

Snyder should cast Zoe Saldana just to piss people off. :awesome:

Honestly, if ethnicity wasn't such a huge issue for people, I would love to see Saldana as Lois. She would probably be in my top 5.

Snyder should cast Zoe Saldana just to piss people off. :awesome:

Honestly, if ethnicity wasn't such a huge issue for people, I would love to see Saldana as Lois. She would probably be in my top 5.

I always thought Zoe would have made a great Lois as well. :awesome:

...but it wouldn't happen and understandably so.

I honestly wonder on how many threads we'll have for speculating as to who will/could play Lois before an actual official announcement is made about it?lol

she CAN look like a teen, but she doesn't normally...

...and imo, she doesn't come across (act) like a teen either. some of you foreal make me question your eyes. Miley Cirus, Selena Gomez....those are what teens look like. Jessica Stroup looks at least 5 years older than both of them.

I see it the same way as you, but hey :)

Most of us have legitmate reasons for wanting her as Lois, but you seem to think that we're all just thinking with our *****. :whatever:

Rachel McAdams would be awesome as well. Most of us like both of them

Well said, Jake. :up:

The notion that the people that like Olivia Wilde for Lois, is based on just her looks alone is really obnoxious. If that was the case, then let's just cast any smokin' hot model in the role (Michael Bay style) and be done with it.

Olivia is not only a solid actress but she's incredibly charming, charismatic, funny, and could easily portray Lois' spitfire personality. I just think she has what it takes to give us a great modern interpretation.

But like you, I'm open to just about anyone given their right for the role. Emily Blunt could be good, as well as Rachel McAdams (both extremely talented actresses, who would bring something different to the table).

At this point, it's best not to get attached to just one pick and wait and see who get's the role.

I'm really tired of repeating myself, only to have people come back with the same comments.

I know that Olivia Wilde is a good actress and that some people have legitimate reasons for liking her. I don't mean to disrespect anyone.

I do not suggest that Lois shouldn't be attractive (because any hollywood film is going to require it). I am merely making the point that Olivia Wilde is a sex symbol. She is not just attractive, she is not just cute, she is not just good looking... she is SMOKING HOT to the outside world. To the general public.

It has nothing to do with how hot I find her.

And I do not dismiss her soley on her looks and reputation. It's just that this happens to have been a topic raised.

I watch House, I have seen Tron, I have watched various interviews with her... and I simply don't see it.

I'm as bored as anyone of talking about her looks, but it just keeps coming up, and I can't help get annoyed when people accuse me of being dismissive due to gender or when people try to ridicule me for making the arguement that she is 'too hot' as though it makes no sense.

People may not agree with it, but it's a fully formed arguement, not just some silly one liner. Please try and respect that.

P.S. this idea that Wilde would make a good modern Lois, and McAdams would make a good classic Lois, is really confusing me. What's the difference exactly, and what makes one right for one, and one for the other?

Last edited:
Saw this article on EW.com about the proposed Tomb Raider reboot. It's interesting how many of the actresses suggested for Lara Croft have turned up in this thread.

"(A) Tomb Raider reboot could actually be a great way to kickstart the career of the next great female action star. But who should play Lara Croft? Mila Kunis seems like an obvious choice. (She even played a younger Jolie in Gia.) Olivia Wilde and Scarlett Johansson have both had some action-film success. My personal pick would be Gemma Arterton — hey, why not cast someone who’s actually British this time? Vote for the next Lara Croft in our poll after the jump, and let us know in the comment boards if we missed your personal pick."

In addition to the actresses mentioned in the article itself, the poll also listed Ashley Greene and Anne Hathaway. Comments?

Olivia Wilde's rep has debunked the rumor that she's up for Lara Croft. i doubt any Oscar-worthy actress (Mila or Hathaway) would touch Tomb Raider at this point and Scar-Jo is already Black Widow. i could see Gemma Arterton...but probably not Ashley Greene unless she can pull off a British accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"