The Official Michael Shannon IS General Zod - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always personal when zod show up.It won't just be some random alien invasion.I don't know about that Lightsaber.We know about the swords and the energy lance from that leaked call sheet.On the side of faora suit she have a knife.I would assume it's not a regular knife.We heard about the Kryptonians shotguns in that concept description.Again you would think it's not a regular shotgun like here on earth where it shoot bullets.

We get all that on krypton.You would think that zod and co would bring along some weapons.The question is, will the weapons hurt superman.We know Kryptonians can be hurt on krypton by them because they powerless on krypton, but can we say the same about earth.They would be uesless against superman on earth, but dangerous against humans.Amy adams say she hold a laser lance in the movie. That's most likely one of the weapons from krypton too.

Last edited:
I agree that their relationship should be unique. I would like to see a bond, because they are both from the same place, both men, but at the end Superman's home is Earth and he cannot allow Zod to do whatever it is he has planned. At the end I would like to see the death of Zod and maybe look into his eyes as he feels betrayed by his last brother. Or e:waa:nemy. Or something very emotional lol.

Ah, you've got to love Shakespeare-esque antagonism.

Zod: Et tu, Kal-El?

Superman: Alas, poor Zod. I knew him well.

I think there's a lot of emotional turmoil potential in their relationship, but they don't have to have an actual 'friends first' dynamic like Smallville's Lex/Clark or X-Men's Xavier/Magneto.

To Clark, Zod (and Faora) is his last living link to where he is from. The fact that they come to earth as enemies is a massive dissapointment. To Zod, Clark represents a reminder of everything that happened on Krypton before he was imprisoned, and everything that is now lost - his entire race, his entire home planet. And perhaps he'll see Clark refusing to side with him as history repeating itself (depending on how they play the Zod/Jor-el scenes).

It's gonna be so fun to see what they do with all that :)

So an energy lance is similar to a Lightsaber?Do anybody have any ideal.

I'm actually very curious to see on what kind of fighting style we'll see incorporated in Zod's fight against Superman. The only thing that we've had in live action format that resembles on what a fight between two powerful foes like Superman and Zod would look like is the one between Neo and Agent Smith in "The Matrix Revolutions".

Seeing as how I don't think we'll be seeing Superman or Zod using martial art moves like that, I wonder how they'll go about the fight that doesn't simply consist of them just throwing each other around. I really do hope that Heat Vision, Super Speed, and Freeze Breath are used in the fight as offensive moves.

Yeah, I'd like to see some super speed earth-shattering punches... not slow-mo super speed, legit super speed.

yup. I'd like to see some punches thrown that are so hard shockwaves are seen spreading out from them, and windows shatter in highrises that are nearby.

Camera goes down to street level and we see it from the POV from folks on the streets. It points up and all we see are blurs that are moving around in the sky above, along with sounds like thunder from the blows thrown.

Last edited:
with 2012 effects. no kung-fu tho.

I'm actually very curious to see on what kind of fighting style we'll see incorporated in Zod's fight against Superman. The only thing that we've had in live action format that resembles on what a fight between two powerful foes like Superman and Zod would look like is the one between Neo and Agent Smith in "The Matrix Revolutions".

Seeing as how I don't think we'll be seeing Superman or Zod using martial art moves like that, I wonder how they'll go about the fight that doesn't simply consist of them just throwing each other around. I really do hope that Heat Vision, Super Speed, and Freeze Breath are used in the fight as offensive moves.

Rebuilding Great Wall of China Vision is a must!

I feel even if superman and Zod are not martial artist there should be some fluid spectacular looking fight moves, otherwise I'll just be haymakers uppercuts and throws against buildings and will get boring very fast. I want to see fights that blow me away like say superman flying from one side and Zod or faora from the other, and as they''re about to clash, superman changes position mid-air and knees Zod in the face or kicks him. hell I wound't mind if in one scene clark gets his ass handed to him by the kryptonians and then in the FOS he uncovers a hollogram with everything on kryptonian hand to hand combat. In the next fight his style would be much more fluid, his moves would be precise and brutal.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if the view of their fight alternating - From humans perspective - blurs, noise and sudden unforseen destruction,

and then also from the kryptonians' view where for them it's realtime, but you can see the 'human' world is virtually standstill.

I could imagine Superman and Zod wrestling in flight heading straight for a human who is stationary and Superman having to push/kick/tackle Zod away from that line of flight to save the guy/lady.

Don't forget heat vision battles-that would be an awesome addition to any under water fights they may engage in-Water boiling and steaming around their eyes.

Or superfast punshes that push one onpponent straight into the ground so they continue to fall even after they hit the ground.

do we have any clue as to how Zod will look?

other than that horrible toy commercial?

i'm PRAYING that's not what he looks like as it looks extremely generic.

i'm only hoping that the film has the budget to do justice for what a memorable fight scene between these two should be like within modern day standards.

do we have any clue as to how Zod will look?

other than that horrible toy commercial?

i'm PRAYING that's not what he looks like as it looks extremely generic.

Combining the rumors and referring to the overall designs we've seen so far I'm guessing the armor at least will somehow be a combination of these:

Generalzodrussian21.png

l.jpg

tumblr_m6w2gmTEMk1rs2uhvo1_500.jpg

superman-man-of-steel-faora-su.jpg

In black of course, and probably more a streamlined mech-suit than Faora's spiky armor. I think it'll be "intelligent" and adaptable somehow much like IM's armor.

Last edited:
Slow motion? Why would ya want that for a Supes fight?

If the slow motion is used to represent super speed or a super speed blitzes, then it would be ok.

Example
[YT]Ntc0YyQWdBU[/YT]

Last edited:
Some guy cycled past me today and he looked the spit if Michael Shannon lol

Shannon was interviewed in Red Eye earlier and said he'd be back in Chicago doing theatre during June.

Fingers crossed we get a picture of him today.

If the slow motion is used to represent super speed or a super speed blitzes, then it would be ok.

Example
[YT]Ntc0YyQWdBU[/YT]

A little tricky if you ask me. That came off a little funny. But I guess it could be done more seriously depending on the tone and execution.

Like the Neo-rescue from the highway-sequence in Matrix Reloaded. Damn, that's still epic and would totally fit MOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"