The Official Michael Shannon IS General Zod - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow motion? Why would ya want that for a Supes fight?

I'm talking about something like this. I don't want a fight all in slow-motion. Just the slow-motion moments during a fight.

[YT]dTsFOqSaub8[/YT]

agreed I would like a thunderpunch slow mo then have the bomb like air displacement

I agree. Snyder's got the talent, the trademarks and the balls to take this to an exiting new level in a manner that not many would dare with this material. Luckily someone else wrote it AND he's being put somewhat on a leash.

I agree. Snyder's got the talent, the trademarks and the balls to take this to an exiting new level in a manner that not many would dare with this material. Luckily someone else wrote it AND he's being put somewhat on a leash.

Assuming if MOS does turn out to be a success, it'll just probably show on how someone like Superman really does need a great collaboration team in order to make the character truly work on the big screen; from the person that directs the acting and visuals to the other one who takes care of writing the captivating story.

Couldn't agree more.

It's just so awesome to see how Snyder's veiw on this film has developed. Since initially saying he wouldn't have a clue how to handle it, to being intruiged enough to take on the project, to genuinely seeming excited and inspired by the way he and the team have been able to handle it.

Just goes too show, even projects that can seem daunting and sort of impossible, just need that one great idea to make it happen.

I think what will make any fight scene (kryptonian) above and beyond "normal" fight scenes, are excellent fight choreo mixed with the environment effects that happen because of whatever fighting occurs between supes and whomever. How the air will look and sound after a krypto-punch; or how the ground will react when Kryptonian bodies crashe into it; I'm looking forward to seeing not only superman throw a punch, but how they will make it look with CGI and effects.

From what we saw from the con trailer, it looks like we will get what we want, Lots of destruction, especially in metropolis.

I hope to God we get something similar to the slow motion punch that Superman laid on Darkseid in Justice League Unlimited. I'm sure, by now, you all know which clip I'm talking about, but here it is again. It's just too badass to NOT post again. :oldrazz:

[YT]VoJ2Bd41zsw[/YT]

I hope to God we get something similar to the slow motion punch that Superman laid on Darkseid in Justice League Unlimited. I'm sure, by now, you all know which clip I'm talking about, but here it is again. It's just too badass to NOT post again. :oldrazz:

[YT]VoJ2Bd41zsw[/YT]

I LOVE watching scene!! :woot:

I LOVE watching scene!! :woot:

It's just a shame after that he got plunked again quite easily by Darkseid. I actually think the fights they had in STAS Legacy and Twilight of the Gods were better.

I know, right?! I just have this sneaky suspicion that we will get something like it.

Little Green Lantern nod there? :awesome:

Also I really hope we do get something like it

It's just a shame after that he got plunked again quite easily by Darkseid. I actually think the fights they had in STAS Legacy and Twilight of the Gods were better.

:wow: :cwink:

I know, right?! I just have this sneaky suspicion that we will get something like it.

I would ABSOLUTE FREAK if we do. I will stand up in the theater and yell FINALLY. THIS IS THE REAL SUPERMAN B****!! :woot: (not really) lol

Yeah it sucks when they do that. And I agree those are much better.

I would ABSOLUTE FREAK if we do. I will stand up in the theater and yell FINALLY. THIS IS THE REAL SUPERMAN B****!! :woot: (not really) lol.

That would be worth the admission fee alone :awesome:

Fans complained about Snyder overdoing slow motion related effects and not wanting it in Man of Steel. Hopefully he ignores the internet and uses it in some places where it is effective.

Fans complained about Snyder overdoing slow motion related effects and not wanting it in Man of Steel. Hopefully he ignores the internet and uses it in some places where it is effective.

Definitely I hope so too

Number 3 is mocap man.Number 2 is Faora.Number 1 is unknown.

Number 1 is picking up a truck about to throw it at superman.The car in front of the truck will get thrown too because they have it off the ground too.That's not zod beside faora picking up that truck.It look like another female kryptonian about the same hight as faora.So that scene at Edwards Airforce Base about TWO female Kryptonians landing their spaceships one of the females being faora is perhaps tru.
44953_174533849358563_2121529002_n.jpg

MICHAEL SHANNON

THE 38-YEAR-OLD BOARDWALK EMPIRE ACTOR IS ABOUT TO ADD A HIT MAN AND A PISSED-OFF GENERAL FROM THE PLANET KRYPTON TO HIS MISFIT-FILLED RÉSUMÉ—BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE'S RULED OUT ROM-COMS.

INTERVIEW BY STEVE KANDELL, PHOTOGRAPHS BY SHAUN HARTAS

DECEMBER 2012 / JANUARY 2013 ISSUE

---

DETAILS: Next year, you'll be onscreen as a real-life contract killer in The Iceman, then as General Zod in Man of Steel. Do you take a comic-book-villain role as seriously as you would an actual human?

Michael Shannon: You can't read a book about being an alien, but I did read a book about Ulysses S. Grant, just to have an idea about being a general. Something like Man of Steel winds up being a lot more work: We're in physical training for months before we start shooting, regardless of the fact that my character is covered in armor and that most of my stunts will be computer-enhanced. You think of the job as all just pretending to lift heavy objects and kicking the air, then all of a sudden you have a line and it's a little jarring, like, Oh, right, this is what I actually do.

DETAILS: Did you get to say "Kneel before Zod!"?

Michael Shannon: No. We went in a different direction.

DETAILS: Do you at least get to say it around the house?

Michael Shannon: No. I got my fill of General Zod. Maybe the whole movie will be playful or comical, but when I was doing it, it was very serious: My planet's destroyed, what am I gonna ****ing do?

http://www.details.com/celebrities-entertainment/movies-and-tv/201212/michael-shannon-boardwalk-empire-superman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"