• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Punisher 2 Casting Thread

I'm pretty pissed tha Microchip is in it. I was hoping that he would be going solo. But as long as he keeps a small role then I'm good.

Damn, Im the only one who liked Microchip? HAHAHA!!!! I'm worried that they are nixing his son's storyline in favor of his mother with Alzheimers. I could flame and say this film will suck because of all these characters being stuffed in, but ehh, Im sure no one in LGF would give a ****.

Microchip was gangsta! You thought he was this fat little guy who just sat around and ate donuts. No this guy had the same adventures as Frank would, and a life of his own. I just hope they don't make him into the character Mr. Bumpo from the paltry 2004 film. That would truly suck. I dunno....
Thats true. It seems like people like to see Bumpo, Dave, and Joan back than to see Micro. I don't look at Micro as a sidekick, he's just one of The Punisher's few ally's. If he was a sidekick, he'll be punishing with him the whole time, but he's not. He helps him in certian situations, he's the one that makes his weapons.

I could see Ben Foster's character turn into Micro but since the lead was recasted probably not.

Damn, Im the only one who liked Microchip? HAHAHA!!!! I'm worried that they are nixing his son's storyline in favor of his mother with Alzheimers. I could flame and say this film will suck because of all these characters being stuffed in, but ehh, Im sure no one in LGF would give a ****.

Microchip was gangsta! You thought he was this fat little guy who just sat around and ate donuts. No this guy had the same adventures as Frank would, and a life of his own. I just hope they don't make him into the character Mr. Bumpo from the paltry 2004 film. That would truly suck. I dunno....

I wanted Chip in the first one. I'm thrilled Micro is in this one and hopefully a faithful Battle Van.

John Billingsley for Microchip!!!

I wanted Chip in the first one. I'm thrilled Micro is in this one and hopefully a faithful Battle Van.

John Billingsley for Microchip!!!

I know there was no battle-van in the scripts before Marcum and Holloway though it could be in now.

Just with reading about Jigsaw and Microchip being in it it seems like they are really trying to appease us old school Punisher fans as well as the younger ones. So, I hope they have the battle van. It doesn't have to be all decked out like it was in the comics, but just a van armored and loaded with guns inside.

I could see that Van being intro'd for the final action sequence. Maybe Micro unveils it at the end. Hopefull it'll be a little more low-key than then one in Tango and Cash. :)

If this is between Micro and Spacker Dave, I'd take Ben Foster.

And I guess I must've missed something, because I was under the impression that John Saint was Jigsaw...:huh:

I'm not as hardcore a Punisher fan, but the Video Game has Saint as Jigsaw, and that would make sense if one of the story points of the sequel stated that he survived the club explosion, but was horribly disfigured, thus bridging the two films.

CFE

If this is between Micro and Spacker Dave, I'd take Ben Foster.

And I guess I must've missed something, because I was under the impression that John Saint was Jigsaw...:huh:

I'm not as hardcore a Punisher fan, but the Video Game has Saint as Jigsaw, and that would make sense if one of the story points of the sequel stated that he survived the club explosion, but was horribly disfigured, thus bridging the two films.

CFE

That was only for the game. In the comics it was always Billy Russo.

Shooting starts at the end of next month, and yet there's no one else other than Ray on board? I'm pretty sure there has to be others cast already. I wonder when they'll spill the details.

I'm starting to wish that the video game would have come with a disclaimer that said "The real Jigsaw is not John Saint."

I thought I had seen the last of the people who were confused by it but I guess not.

Benicio Del Toro for Jigsaw.
benicio-del-toro-picture-1.jpg

Brian Cox for Microchip.
image25974.jpg

John Krasinski for Soap.
JohnKrasi_Steve_6060339_600.jpg

I don't think Cox should be Microchip.

I don't think Cox should be Microchip.
He looks like Micro to me. On top of that, he's a good actor. That was my first choice if Micro would be in one of the Punisher movies I was thinkig before they even think about a sequel.

But Microchip! This takes away the whole idea of Frank being a vicious loner and turning him into some dude with a tubby sidekick who helps build gadgets and weapons for him.

I bet seeing the word Microchip in the script was the last straw for TJ. I fear for this movie more than ever now.

Um, ok, I don't know a whole lot about the Punisher (other than Spidey appearances - I DID read Essential Punisher) BUT Jane had like 3 people helping him in the first film, so what's the problem?:huh: Was Microchip not in the comics?

Microchip was in the comics and was a big part of the Punisher's operation for years. He was his weapon smith and supplied him with intelligence and anything else he may have needed.

Spider–Man;12649389 said:
Um, ok, I don't know a whole lot about the Punisher (other than Spidey appearances - I DID read Essential Punisher) BUT Jane had like 3 people helping him in the first film, so what's the problem?:huh: Was Microchip not in the comics?

And none of those 3 people in the first film were very necessary.

And none of those 3 people in the first film were very necessary.

Um, ok, so I guess Saint's men would've just killed him after his fight with the Russian without the unnecessary others to hide him and cover for him. No more Punisher. :csad:

I'd hate to naysay, but this movie is turning into Blade 3 pretty quick. This LBJ character sounds pretty dumb to me...why can't they just use characters from the comics?

If it was me, I woulda used Pitsy and Ink, but replaced Nicky Cavella with Jigsaw. I'd combine Cavella's charm with Jigsaw's brutality, and you have a perfect villain. Pitsy and Ink would be great side villains. This "LBJ" sounds over the top and stupid.

I think Microchip spells bad news unless he's handled properly, but with a movie like this I guarantee you he'll just be the comic relief. The funny fat guy who cracks jokes over a voice communicator. Bleh.

I was hoping they would go with the gritier, more violent Punisher elements we've seen in the MAX comics recently, but it sounds like once again the production house is too scared to be edgy and risky and they went with the safe, 90's shoot-em-up stupid action formula. Ughhhhh. Now I can see why Tom Jane walked away, and I understand what he meant by "it's going in a direction I don't believe in".

Spider–Man;12650945 said:
Um, ok, so I guess Saint's men would've just killed him after his fight with the Russian without the unnecessary others to hide him and cover for him. No more Punisher. :csad:

Not with a better script would that have happened. There wouldn't have been any Saints or Russian.

Its an alright movie and all, I enjoyed it quite a bit but it doesn't match the greatness of the Punisher comics.

Gotta disagree with you there...The Russian was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"