Age of Ultron The Official Quicksilver thread

And that's why I like Marvel Studios movies more, they're true to the characters. If Pietro Maximoff is not European then he is not Pietro Maximoff...which, considering Fox probably can't even use that name, he most likely isn't anyway. And Professor Xavier being English or American hardly matters to his character so that's a dumb comparison. Same for Wolverine.

1: Scarlett Johansen isn't Russian. Hugo Weaving isn't German. Chris Evans isn't from New York. Samuel L. Jackson isn't white.

2: There's this thing at play here called acting. It's a thing you can do to pretend you're from somewhere you're not.

3: It doesn't matter wether or not Wolverine is from Canada? Seriously?

Last edited:
And I didn't like any of those things you mentioned, but for the big characters they got it right. And Weaving at least passes for German and Johansen IS partly Easter European. You're ****ing stretching with Evans not being from NY, that's not what I'm talking about. And SLJ Fury is Ultimate Fury which I like more than regular Fury.

And none of them pretended to be from some place they weren't. Berry wasn't speaking in a fake African accent and Johansen isn't speaking in a fake Russian accent, unless I'm forgetting something. Peter Evans is not going to be able to pull off being Easter European because, well, he ISN'T.

And I didn't say it didn't matter if Wolverine wasn't from Canada, it doesn't matter if the actor playing him is from Canada. You're straw-manning what I'm saying. Quicksilver's character is supposed to be from Europe, that is an essential part of his backstory and make-up. Without that he is not Pietro Maximoff. Hugh Jackman does not have to be from Canada to play a Canadian, especially since he is british. BUT, I'd like for an Eastern European to be played by an Eastern European and not an American. That said, according to SHH Marvel are actually going more British for the characters, which I'm also fine with, as long as they are foreign and from a small village.

And I didn't like any of those things you mentioned, but for the big characters they got it right. And Weaving at least passes for German and Johansen IS partly Easter European. You're ****ing stretching with Evans not being from NY, that's not what I'm talking about. And SLJ Fury is Ultimate Fury which I like more than regular Fury.

And none of them pretended to be from some place they weren't. Berry wasn't speaking in a fake African accent and Johansen isn't speaking in a fake Russian accent, unless I'm forgetting something. Peter Evans is not going to be able to pull off being Easter European because, well, he ISN'T.

Hugh Jackman isn't Canadian, but he pulled off playing one, accent and all. What's the difference?

And I didn't say it didn't matter if Wolverine wasn't from Canada, it doesn't matter if the actor playing him is from Canada. You're straw-manning what I'm saying. Quicksilver's character is supposed to be from Europe, that is an essential part of his backstory and make-up. Without that he is not Pietro Maximoff. Hugh Jackman does not have to be from Canada to play a Canadian, especially since he is british. BUT, I'd like for an Eastern European to be played by an Eastern European and not an American. That said, according to SHH Marvel are actually going more British for the characters, which I'm also fine with, as long as they are foreign and from a small village.

Why does it not matter that Wolverine's actor isn't Canadian but it does matter that Quicksilver's actor isn't European? What's the difference?

ok i'm trying to catch up on the news here so we're getting quicksilver in both the new avengers and the new x-men how the ****

Hugh Jackman isn't Canadian, but he pulled off playing one, accent and all. What's the difference?

Why does it not matter that Wolverine's actor isn't Canadian but it does matter that Quicksilver's actor isn't European? What's the difference?
I explained it right there.

I explained it right there.

No, you didn't.

You said that being from Europe is an extremely important part of Quicksilver's backstory.

The same is true for Wolverine being Canadian.

Then you said that Wolverine's actor doesn't have to be from Canada to play a Canadian, but Quicksilver's actor has to be from Europe to play a European.

You did say that it's okay for Hugh Jackman to play a Canadian because he's British. But that's not true, because Hugh Jackman is Australian. You also didn't say why it's okay for a (hypothetical) British actor to play a Canadian but it's not okay for an American actor to play someone from Europe.

So, you didn't explain why it's different for Quicksilver.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what it is. :whatever:

Superman Returns is totally immune to criticism because... reasons!

Great logic.

I'm pretty sure that is what it is. All of your points are about SR's flaws, about which you're clearly still upset.

And you'll have to refresh my memory about when I said anything about SR being immune from criticism. I must have missed that. My bad, of course.

No, you didn't.

You said that being from Europe is an extremely important part of Quicksilver's backstory.

The same is true for Wolverine being Canadian.

Then you said that Wolverine's actor doesn't have to be from Canada to play a Canadian, but Quicksilver's actor has to be from Europe to play a European.

You did say that it's okay for Hugh Jackman to play a Canadian because he's British. But that's not true, because Hugh Jackman is Australian. You also didn't say why it's okay for a (hypothetical) British actor to play a Canadian but it's not okay for an American actor to play someone from Europe.
Because Canadians are historically tied to Britains, just like Australians are. In terms of physical appearance, accents, etc a British, or Australian, can pull off being Canadian or American for that if the control their accent. That is not the case for Eastern Europeans. They have a clear different physiology from Americans and other Europeans further west.

You really shouldn't be called Mr. Dent. Your case is highly flawed.

Because Canadians are historically tied to Britains, just like Australians are. In terms of physical appearance, accents, etc a British, or Australian, can pull off being Canadian or American for that if the control their accent. That is not the case for Eastern Europeans. They have a clear different physiology from Americans and other Europeans further west.

This seems unnecessarily tedious

Please tell me which of these people are Eastern European and which ones aren't:

As for the accents:

1) Canadian accents and Australian accents are very dissimilar.

2) ACTING

3) This woman is a native born german, raised in Germany, raised speaking German:

[YT]PYswSsBw8vI[/YT]

People not having the accent they grew up with is a thing sometimes.

ok i'm trying to catch up on the news here so we're getting quicksilver in both the new avengers and the new x-men how the ****
do to a loop hole in the copy rights, they both have the rights to the character and they both decided to use the character (there has been some debate has to who decided to use him first, or if fox was just trying to beat marvel to the punch)

tho, there has been some speculation of it being a opening to a shared universe (with both movie using the same actor) its most likely their will be two different versions of the character/and two different actors

Canadian accents are similar to British and Australian accents? False. The Canadian accent is in fact a lot closer to the American accents than those other accents. Many people around the world can't even tell Canadians apart from Americans if you engage in a conversation with them, especially if they're from Ontario.

Y'all folks never been to Canada, have ya? :oldrazz:

Canadian accents are similar to British and Australian accents? False. The Canadian accent is in fact a lot closer to the American accents than those other accents. Many people around the world can't even tell Canadians apart from Americans if you engage in a conversation with them, especially if they're from Ontario.

Y'all folks never been to Canada, have ya? :oldrazz:

yeah Canada seems to get that stereotypical 'Bob and Doug McKenzie, eh?" label but largely the great number of Canadian actors I've seen in interviews just sound kind of blandly North American, much like a lot of the US that isn't known for it's regional accents.

And no I haven't but I'd like to someday. :)

yeah Canada seems to get that stereotypical 'Bob and Doug McKenzie, eh?" label but largely the great number of Canadian actors I've seen in interviews just sound kind of blandly North American, much like a lot of the US that isn't known for it's regional accents.

And no I haven't but I'd like to someday. :)

Pretty much. Many Americans that come here in Toronto are often surprised that we sound just like them. I'm sure you probably noticed that whenever an American tries to a Canadian accent, all they do is talk like how they normally talk except for adding "eh" at the end of every sentence and saying "aboot" as opposed to "about". For the record, the "eh" isn't really true while the pronunciation of about is somewhat true. Most of us say "aboat" as opposed to "aboot" while the rest just say "about". Get it right, folks. :word:

And please do visit someday :up:. But if you're a big hockey fan, I would sadly advise you to stay away from Toronto. :oldrazz: :csad:

Aren't all the hockey fans already in Canada? :woot:

Last edited:
The sad truth is that Toronto has a team that is a complete disgrace to hockey :csad:.

Lucky for me that I don't give a damn about hockey then.

Last edited:
The sad truth is that Toronto has a team that is a complete disgrace to hockey :csad:.

it's okay.. can't be worse than being a Cleveland fan your entire life.

I'm gunna go back to crying..

I just want Europeans to play wanda and Pietro because there were none in the first film except the bad guy.

And Europeans are sexy. Also talented. And sexy

There are some really pissed off French Canadians somewhere reading your post.

Yeah and we all know there's nothing scarier than French Canadians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"