The Official Superman Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry Cavill isnt a good choice. He still looks too young for Superman; alot younger than Routh:

HenryCavill.jpeg

People will throw the same old critisisms at him. He only looks older with facial hair on The Tudors.

Considering they've decided its either going to be S:MoS or JLA....(no Reboot); I can't see Cavill looking like Superman next to Bale. It would look more like Batman and Robin.

Also, I havent seen him do any american productions besides this horror film and his american accent attempt was horrible.

FYI; IF WB ever decided to replace Brandon Routh for the JLA film (or if a reboot ever magically happened); they WILL go with a known Hollywood actor this time who's established....its pretty obvious.

That pretty much rules out most of these choices.

Henry Cavill isnt a good choice. He still looks too young for Superman; alot younger than Routh:

HenryCavill.jpeg

People will throw the same old critisisms at him. He only looks older with facial hair on The Tudors.

Considering they've decided its either going to be S:MoS or JLA....(no Reboot); I can't see Cavill looking like Superman next to Bale. It would look more like Batman and Robin.

Also, I havent seen him do any american productions besides this horror film and his american accent attempt was horrible.

FYI; IF WB ever decided to replace Brandon Routh for the JLA film (or if a reboot ever magically happened); they WILL go with a known Hollywood actor this time who's established....its pretty obvious.

That pretty much rules out most of these choices.

Give him a few years, he'll age, maybe improve his American accent, and make a coupla blockbusters, then they might go with him.

Well surely ageing slowly in a franchise is a good thing.

Too slow, if you ask me. Reeve was 24 when he played Superman, and Cavill looks like he is still in Junior High. He will be 50 when he looks like Reeve or Routh.

Too slow, if you ask me. Reeve was 24 when he played Superman, and Cavill looks like he is still in Junior High. He will be 50 when he looks like Reeve or Routh.

I'm sure he'll look like Reeve or Routh by the time he hits 30.

It will be too late by the time hes 30.

My bet is Routh will still be continuing on as Superman by that point.

IF they want a reboot; there will be a Superman recast now in JLA replacing Routh; but Cavill doesnt look old enough to play the JLA Superman.

Again, next to Bale, Cavill would look like Robin.

But I think its more likely theyll keep BR leading into JLA.

if for JL, no more pretty boy superman. no more tom welling, cavill henry or bomer.

i'm all for an older and more mature actor! 30ish or early 40ish.

The recast for a JLA movie is out of question. They'll use Bale and Routh.
If you open a poll about Routh in every forum you'll see him to win with a good margin.

Superman - Tom Welling
Lex Luthor - Michael Rosenbaum
Lois Lane - Erica Durance

Michael Trucco as Superman, Kaka you were right hes got a good look to him

Qwerty©;12362278 said:
That's not a Superman reboot, that's Smallville: The Movie.

Hahahaha. And seeing as though I don't like Smallville the Show right now, I sure as hell wouldn't pay to see the movie. Rapidly aging/Exploding baby episode cracks me up! That's right up there with Superman vs the Krypto Island for worse idea ever.

If the SR franchise dies and there is a reboot... Bring on Cavill :up:

No.... I dont want to kill the rebooted franchaise with that *****e.

Why is he a *****e? Iphus (veteran poster back in the day) saw him on stage and said he was phenomenal with a great look for a new Superman film.

Plus all the media I've seen suggests he could work out for a new franchise? eh

That was harsh :o

First of all; theres no reboot planned. The only thing that could bring in a replacement for Routh is JLA; and Cavill doesnt look like he could pass for the JLA Superman.

Hell, he doesnt look like he could pass for Superman at all. He looks more like this fool;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzA0nG_PurQ

And I've seen him trying to do an American accent in that Horror film he did; its dreadful.

I didn't say Cavill for JLA. I said if they did a total reboot all together.

Regardless if they do a sequel of JLA, I'm hoping Routh gets the gig. It's my opinion that he's about the only guy auditioned that has the facial quality, stature, and very importanly the voice. I just don't think they found many if any others that had all those elements.

Cavill's supposedly best performance on The Tudors was his disturbing full on nudity sex scenes.

I just dont want to see him as a representation of this generations Superman. Isnt someone you can look up to.

He's an actor so whatever his boundaries are don't affect me.

All I know is what a screenwriter told me about him and it sounds quite promising.

That with his look makes me think for a RESTART, he could work out. No way I would put him as an established Supes though. This would be if they retold the origin and everything.

I don't like Cavill, bt saying no because he's done nude/sex scenes is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"