The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah and people are all like "Reeve had perfect hair for Superman!!!" yeah...obviously so, because it was a wig!

Reeve's hair was actually quite good, but he suffered from alopecia for 30 years which led to bouts of hair loss. I read somewhere that in order for them to convey a very thick hair for Superman and also because his hair required dying (his natural colour was lighter than Superman's), they decided a wig was the safest and best option. It made it easier for them too when switching between his Clark Kent and Superman makeup, all he had to do was switch wigs effectively.

Yeah. I'm kind of saddened that Supes hair looks slicked back, like they were going out of their way to avoid the S-curl of the Donnerverse. I hope they have the curl in the sequels. I don't miss the briefs :oldrazz:

images

I'm still waiting for the messy/controlled hair. I think it's his best one. And it would look great on Cavill's Superman. I thought for sure Snyder was going to do it.

71ml1l.jpg

and now I'm wondering why I even show up to these boards. :csad:

Something to that effect yeah. I do think what we got is the best one so far in a movie.

It's funny though that a lot the official art with Cavill's likeness has it perfect for what I want. My avatar for example is on all the packaging for the toys. Looks like they thought about going that route at some point.

yeah and people are all like "Reeve had perfect hair for Superman!!!" yeah...obviously so, because it was a wig!

The thing is Reeve didn't always use a wig -- especially in the first movie. In an old interview, he actually talks about how he had to dye his (brown) hair black for the role. Why would he dye his hair if he was wearing a wig all the time?

Here's the video:
(He mentions dyeing it around 1:22)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-zkjs9hez0

Last edited:
Reeve's hair was actually quite good, but he suffered from alopecia for 30 years which led to bouts of hair loss. I read somewhere that in order for them to convey a very thick hair for Superman and also because his hair required dying (his natural colour was lighter than Superman's), they decided a wig was the safest and best option. It made it easier for them too when switching between his Clark Kent and Superman makeup, all he had to do was switch wigs effectively.

Alopecia isn't quite the same thing as male pattern baldness though: Reeve didn't have a bald spot or a receding hairline, which is generally associated with the latter. He just randomly lost patches of hair. As per his own admission, though, Reeve was able to cover up/brush over the spots because he had a thick head of hair to begin with -- so the spots weren't really noticeable. Sometimes the symptoms went away for long periods of time, in fact. As he got older, though, the alopecia began to worsen. It came back in full force after his accident, which is why he ultimately decided to shave his head.

Last edited:
Hope you dont mind ChocheTheHero, I cleaned it up a little..

976834mofsss1.jpg

QUOTE=ChocheTheHero;25754477][/QUOTE]

You cleaned it up by turning it into a waxy, airbrushed mess?

Sorry, I hate being such a film grain/fine detail nut. Skin without pores is just one of those things that drives me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"