The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pic Wilde, can I ask did you age Diane or was that how she looked in her orginal pic?

It's from Secretariat...

secretariat-diane-lane-pic5.jpg

That's a beautiful family photo. Great job! Is that Henry's body you used? I've only seen one photo of him in plaid and he had facial hair at the time.

I'm going to guess it's Tom Welling's body from Smallville Episode 10x1 - Lazarus...

[YT]xQ5C4sGh-SU[/YT]

Here is some new art I've been working on, Still kind of a work in progress:

Cavill's head looks a little out of place... but still...

I freakin love this pic

superman_rebooted3-2.jpg

This is my Final take in the design of this suit

Last edited:
I hate the many tones of blue in the costume and the collar. Imo, it is a design mess. Supermans traditional costume is a classic, simple and perfect.

I hate the many tones of blue in the costume and the collar. Imo, it is a design mess. Supermans traditional costume is a classic, simple and perfect.

Look, if there has to be red in the pelvic region, just stick with the trunks. These alternatives aren't an improvement. No offense.

superman_rebooted3-2.jpg

This is my Final take in the design of this suit

Dude, I think that looks great! You managed to make the red underwear look NOT dumb!!! Amazing. What a milestone! ;-)

New version:

Last edited:
Dude, I think that looks great! You managed to make the red underwear look NOT dumb!!! Amazing. What a milestone! ;-)

Thanks Naite But the trunks already exist in the original manip from the talent designer Josh mcmahon, I just modified the colours and some aspects of the design of the boots,shield,cape with collar and I put cavill face!
But It`s not finished yet...
Original Manip
superman_rebooted2.jpg

My Manip

superman_rebooted3-2.jpg

sorry to say this but both are horrible. Too many hues of blue, imo, and how he is supposed to hide the costume under a shirt with that collar?

sorry to say this but both are horrible. Too many hues of blue, imo, and how he is supposed to hide the costume under a shirt with that collar?

I respect the opinions of people who want the booring old design,there must be an evolution, I hope snyder has the balls to inovate into a new design that is already established by the movies and books, I'm not saying you have to withdraw some aspects of the suit but INNOVATE!
In relation to the collar as the material is alien, can adapt to the body of Clark, even though he dressed in casual, this is an idea but there may be other explanations ....
In my vision I want to be a cool new design more BADass, but if I take the collar off there will the same people that will hate the suit....

Last edited:
I respect the opinions of people who want the booring old design,there must be an evolution, I hope snyder has the balls to inovate into a new design that is already established by the movies and books, I'm not saying you have to withdraw some aspects of the suit but INNOVATE!
In relation to the collar as the material is alien, can adapt to the body of Clark, even though he dressed in casual, this is an idea but there may be other explanations ....
In my vision I want to be a cool new design more BADass, but if I take the collar off there will the same people that will hate the suit....

why must there?? change for the sake of change has rarely brought about improvement in anything!

Supermans costume has already evolved into what it is now, and there is a reason it plateaued and stopped evolving

there is no need to innovate something so iconic

remember when coca cola changed their recipe to mix it up? remember how well that worked?

once you have established something instantly recognizable to BILLIONS it would be crazy to try and innovate because, get this, there is a reason its so bloomin iconic!

Dude Don´t get me wrong I love the actual suit from the comics is super iconic but for the new film I think is in the wrong path for Present days...
I´ll be open minded to see the design that snyder will introduce,And my advice is not too be that sure it will be the classic suit, because then there is no greater disappointment and for those who love this character (like me) have to have an open mind to whatever comes around! (whether classical or modern design)

superman_rebooted3-1.jpg

Just done the last touches to the design!

New version:

:awesome: That is Amazing!! But hold on a minute.. I have been noticing an emerging trend here, not saying it's "illegal" to do it but I have to ask. Why?

I still see John Schneider and Tom Welling. I know I'm stating the obvious but I can't help but think 'how dare you!!'. Crazy I know but it'd be great if you all (including me) keep Smallville separate from this new film because I'm really looking forward to the new Superman but this is just starting to ruin it for me. What I'm trying to say is Smallville and Tom welling seem to be gradually getting replaced by Cavill and co like it was a bad memory. Was it really that bad? Lana or not it must have been enjoyable to most of you. It's Superman!!

I choose to embrace all incarnations of Superman whether good or bad and 'Wilde' I'm not saying you are at fault or anyone else for that matter.

You might say that no ones complaining about Brandon Routh being maniped like crazy. It's the super suit you want to manip not Routh. The Donnerverse ended in 2006, so even though there is only a couple of months left for Smallville I think it should be left alone until next year. It's only fair :cwink:

Last edited:
wh
remember when coca cola changed their recipe to mix it up? remember how well that worked?

once you have established something instantly recognizable to BILLIONS it would be crazy to try and innovate because, get this, there is a reason its so bloomin iconic!

Not to ruffle any feathers here, but the coca cola change you mentioned is regarded as one the greatest marketing ploys of all time. When they eventually brought back the original, sales went ballistic. Check out the story online. For some of us, change is good. They have changed the suit many times to whatever degree. Im all for some changes. Just what they are will remain open until we see it. As I have always said, whether they change it a tiny bit or a lot, some of us will not be happy regardless. So im sticking to my own hopes that they bring something a bit more unique and inovative, than what we have already seen. I say it bring it on.

Collar
superman_rebooted3-1.jpg

Without Collar
superman_rebootedsemcolar.jpg

FXMAN What do Think About the Manips?? :)

Original Manip
superman_rebooted2.jpg

Seriously, people can say what they want. But Routh definitely had the superman look down! He was amazing.

New version:

Awesome dude, seriously :up:

:awesome: That is Amazing!! But hold on a minute.. I have been noticing an emerging trend here, not saying it's "illegal" to do it but I have to ask. Why?

I still see John Schneider and Tom Welling. I know I'm stating the obvious but I can't help but think 'how dare you!!'. Crazy I know but it'd be great if you all (including me) keep Smallville separate from this new film because I'm really looking forward to the new Superman but this is just starting to ruin it for me. What I'm trying to say is Smallville and Tom welling seem to be gradually getting replaced by Cavill and co like it was a bad memory. Was it really that bad? Lana or not it must have been enjoyable to most of you. It's Superman!!

I choose to embrace all incarnations of Superman whether good or bad and 'Wilde' I'm not saying you are at fault or anyone else for that matter.

You might say that no ones complaining about Brandon Routh being maniped like crazy. It's the super suit you want to manip not Routh. The Donnerverse ended in 2006, so even though there is only a couple of months left for Smallville I think it should be left alone until next year. It's only fair :cwink:

What are you rambling about? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"