The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody posted this on another site... pretty cool

kevin_costner_superman_mos_by_p2pproductions-d3a4vju.png

<V>

that is a pretty cool picture even though it'll be in the winter, not summer

I think the design overall is pretty damn badass here.
I dont mind the texture, and the extra padding on the suit (I even dig the colar!). But the suit SHOULDN'T have two different shades of blue. That looks dumb! The way the cape is attached also looks a little too THOR-like, But I can live with that. However, PLEASE remove the "S" Belt buckle. Always looked a bit tacky. The only "S" appearing should be the one on the chest!

But damn nice job!

i dont know how to put an image from "my pictures" of my computer someone could help me?

Last edited:
thanks guys :woot: and here's the picture with black hair

18016174.png

i usually dont like the redesigns of the suit but this actually looks pretty cool. i wouldn't want see it in a film but it's still a very creative design :up:

WOW. . . . :up:

Here is some new art I've been working on, Still kind of a work in progress:

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jamce
superman__man_of_steel_by_jamce-d3bujx4.jpg

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

THAT IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!

If I believed in prayer, I'd pray for such to be what we're going to get! OMG! So awesome!

hmmmn the colours seem to desaturate when i export the image out of photoshop :S

coloursupe.jpg

my contribution

Agh, now why use Brandon Routh's cleft on the chin, when Cavill does not have it? It's not like he's going to have it made with plastic surgery. But other then that very good manips on this thread.

Nice pic Wilde, can I ask did you age Diane or was that how she looked in her orginal pic?

hmmmn the colours seem to desaturate when i export the image out of photoshop :S

coloursupe.jpg

Maybe this is stupid but are you exporting the .jpeg in CMYK colors? Or perhaps there is some other option you have to change.

This is my first attempt at a costume made from scratch. The suit itself is from a thinsulate underwear photo, the cape is from Reeve's costume, the shorts are Routh's, and the I Googled the logo.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I had an idea for a poster. Since I could never make it, I thought I would share my vision with you guys. Emagine this if you will:

It's inside the fortress. The view is seen from down at the bottom of a long icey stairway (shining GIANT crystals all around) leading up to a podium where a certain Superman is seen from the back (his beautiful red cape with the yellow "S" on it, spilled down over the first couple of steps), kneeling with his head lowered down, in front of a giant shadowy figure of Jor-El's head, displayed inside the icey crystal-wall...

IF NOT TOO BORED, PLEASE READ ON!

I also figured out a nice tag-line. See, the tagline for the Donner's original was "You'll believe a man can fly". That was so fitting for that movie & for that time. It was all about seeing and believing that a man could fly. Lucky for them they made good on the hype of that taglines promise. It was great. It was impressive what they pulled off - even today!

Now, when superman returns came about, people were saying that a fitting tagline would be "You'll believe again". I never got that. I thought it was lame. There we were, 28 years since the first movie came out, and STILL we wanted them to impress with the flying??! Like the whole movie should ride on that. It made sense for the first, but wake up! That was 28 years ago! They SHOULD have that down by now. And quite frankly, the flying in the original, is more impressive then the flying in returns - in its whole. Impress with something new! They really didn't deliever anything new or original with returns (a movie I still VERY much like).

So, all that beeing said (and with that in mind), I think that the taglines on the posters for the coming superman movie should promise something else. Something more powerful, not to say more MEANINGFUL, then the tools of todays Computer technology! I have noooo doubt that the FX in the reboot will blow everything out of the park, and in 3D! Although they should'nt have the movie ride on that either. NON of that will make for a memorable movie. So the taglines for this reboot -I think- should get one to think of "Heart", "Emotion", "Power", "Family", "Destiny", "Recognition". Something that also truely hints at the emotional core of the movie. Something that promises a new surprising take on the man of steel. Taglines shouldn't get one to think of "Badass CG flying", or "Monster action and explosions!". This movie should be much more then that. Just like Nolans Dark Knight was something way more then what most had thought. It's definitely setting the bar high, I know. But damn it! this movie deserves it. They should strive for excellence here. I think they also know this. Hell, the team behind this movie is pretty damn strong, and Nolan is also "over it" - that does make for some ease of mind, doesn't it :-)

Tagline for the "poster-vision" above, should be something like:

"The Last son of Krypton is not Alone".

Also, I thought of a little something something that I thought was so exstremely fitting to put on that fanmade poster somebody made, where Kevin Costner is on the porch with a riffle, and young CK is standing in the background:

"Embraced by man. Raised with Love. Guided for the future. When faced with the one choice that will ultimately determine his destiny, it's solely because of them he'll know. The answer isn't found in the symbol - It's found within the heart".

That's a beautiful family photo. Great job! Is that Henry's body you used? I've only seen one photo of him in plaid and he had facial hair at the time.

thisjpg.jpg

Thought I would update some of the past Manips I did awhile back So....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back