The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!! - Part 1

S-M1 I don't mind, dialogue aside, i could see a group of adults trying to help save a load of kids even if it did put them in danger.

The bit that annoyed me most about that was for the longest time I thought that was the wrestling promoter and couldn't understand why he was there :funny:

I have no idea who those chees 'New York saves Spidey' scenes are made for.
Kids are too young to apprechiate it.
Mid teens are too cynical to apprechiate it.
Are older adults going to apprechiate full on cheese? I doubt it.

They're made for everyone. They're made because Spidey is intrinsically connected to blue-collar New Yorkers. He's a working class hero. Totally fits. I personally think that's what makes Spider-Man one of the top 3 most beloved and well known heroes.

Supes is a god-savior whose old-fashioned boy-scout mentality attracts folks. He's pretty much THE superhero, in power and intent. But he still sits above us in a way.

Batman is not powered. His power is his money, his pain, and his raw determination. That's two out of three really identifiable things for audiences.

And Spidey is a poor kid trying to take care of folks, trying to be responsible. He's bright and light and funny but his problems are working class. That's why he is so beloved.

It's just core to his whole appeal. That's why we have those scenes. They're not just hopeful, they are vital to his popularity.

I don't know why but I love the picture taken with Spidey hanging upside down holding the red ski mask. I'm starting to slowly get back on the hype train. The suit just looks too amazing.

They're made for everyone. They're made because Spidey is intrinsically connected to blue-collar New Yorkers. He's a working class hero. Totally fits. I personally think that's what makes Spider-Man one of the top 3 most beloved and well known heroes.

Supes is a god-savior whose old-fashioned boy-scout mentality attracts folks. He's pretty much THE superhero, in power and intent. But he still sits above us in a way.

Batman is not powered. His power is his money, his pain, and his raw determination. That's two out of three really identifiable things for audiences.

And Spidey is a poor kid trying to take care of folks, trying to be responsible. He's bright and light and funny but his problems are working class. That's why he is so beloved.

It's just core to his whole appeal. That's why we have those scenes. They're not just hopeful, they are vital to his popularity.

And one of the big appeals of the character is how, through all the ***** he goes through, even when the world seems against him, the media hating on him, this working class kid still puts himself on the line for the greater good.

That, for me, is far more inspiring.

And one of the big appeals of the character is how, through all the ***** he goes through, even when the world seems against him, the media hating on him, this working class kid still puts himself on the line for the greater good.

That, for me, is far more inspiring.
I prefer this, as well.

I prefer this, as well.

I want to see spidey go through all that. We got good hints of it from the poilce and Stacey in TASM. I hope to see more from the public itself. And if JJ is in it, then we may see more spidey hate due to the press manipulation. I want spidey to win them over. Not immediately, but over this film and hopefully the next.

:D

I hated the train scene, hated the sm3 flag scene, at FIRST thought the crane scene was a bit cheesy, but upon second viewing I dig it alot. The music makes that scene. Didnt mind the bridge scene in Sm1. Im a die hard New Yorker, but the train scene , the passing over people was so cheesy. Also Tobeys face didnt help while hes trying to stop the train...of course the fight scene leading up to this was fun.
060812-2.gif

The train scene seemed like it went a little beyond Spidey's capabilities as I've always known them. I was mostly cool with the webbing bit but the shattering crossties with his foot part is something I'd have thought well beyond Spidey's level of strength. Just me.

I found Aunt May hanging off a gargoyle by her stupid umbrella cheesier than anything tbh lol

The train scene seemed like it went a little beyond Spidey's capabilities as I've always known them. I was mostly cool with the webbing bit but the shattering crossties with his foot part is something I'd have thought well beyond Spidey's level of strength. Just me.

I found Aunt May hanging off a gargoyle by her stupid umbrella cheesier than anything lol

The train sequence in SM2 is the best bit in that film... up to the point he collapsed.

Whilst it was a bit much for him to stop that train, it was still a cool visual (excluding Tobeys face :p)

Last edited:

I found Aunt May hanging off a gargoyle by her stupid umbrella cheesier than anything tbh lol

We FINALLY agree on something! hated how that all went down and no way in hell aunt may doesnt die there.

Haha...maybe she thought she was in Raimi's Oz movie...anything can happen there. :woot:

Can someone tell me what "tbh" stands for?

I should make this my sig, since it's like the first point of complete 100% mass agreement:

At the end of the day, we can all agree: Aunt May hanging from a gargoyle by her umbrella is ****ing pathetic.

Haha...maybe she thought she was in Raimi's Oz movie...anything can happen there. :woot:

Can someone tell me what "tbh" stands for?

To be honest I have no clue what it stands for.

I should make this my sig, since it's like the first point of complete 100% mass agreement:

At the end of the day, we can all agree: Aunt May hanging from a gargoyle by her umbrella is ****ing pathetic.

:woot:

how many posts do I need to have to get an avatar? anyone?

I certainly don't remember the same amount of groans and laughter as there was for him landing in front of that giant billowing flag in S-M3

That was by far the worst one for me.

SM3 was bad so people groaned. Groaning during a so called 'good movie' like ASM is a bit more telling.

I cringed out loud during the crane scene, truly terrible. The worst out of the many unintentionally awkward moments in the film.

I don't even understand this..

The crane scene was better than the New York helps Spidey scenes in SM1 + SM2.

And wtf, how do you show a facial expression using voice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"