The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!! - Part 1

I hope proper lighting is shed on it all the time

Remember when there was a meltdown on the forum because the ASM suit looked pink and light blue and then we you saw the suit with proper lighting the colours absolutely popped. You need to see the suit with proper lighting, a cinematographer is paid to light the scene to cast everything in the best possible light.

That's what I'm hoping too.

No matter what though, I am disapointed by the boots and the fact that the gloves are no longer segmented.

How easily everyone around here seems to forget that. I've been reading complaints like the ones in this thread for the last six years. For just about every comic book movie made over that time. It's getting old.

It'll never end.

I hope it looks a lot better on film, with all the correct lighting applied. In those pictures the suit looks way too smooth. I miss the roughness of the first suit.

I know right !

spidey-1.jpg

spidey2.jpg

The more I look back, the more I realize that this costume was godsend and a lot more than any of us deserve.

How easily everyone around here seems to forget that. I've been reading complaints like the ones in this thread for the last six years. For just about every comic book movie made over that time. It's getting old.

this sort of thing happens on every superhero film.

Well the suit looks great but I wont judge it till I see full official pictures/vids

I got my wish about the belt but I am uneasy as it looks that the web shooters will be hidden and it a takes a long deviation from TASM's suit which I totally loved due to its resemblance with Ben Reilly's costume

Just a simple belt and bigger eyes along with removing the soles to the TASM suit would have sufficed

I know right !

spidey-1.jpg

spidey2.jpg

The more I look back, the more I realize that this costume was godsend and a lot more than any of us deserve.

Bang on

Was just looking at it and started to appreciate it like I had never before

I guess it is true that you understand the value of something after you lose it

Guys, look closer to his back
7mDcV3O.jpg

Some similarity to the first reboot costume

so the costume will be the raimi suit but with the backspider from the first suit.

so the costume will be the raimi suit but with the backspider from the first suit.

Calling it the Raimi suit is like calling McFarlane's design, Ditko's design. They have some similarities, yes. However, there are quite a few differences. The spiders, webshooters, tighter web pattern, less prominent raised webbing, darker webbing, the eyes, shape of the gloves, shades of red and blue. God, people act like Raimi designed Spider-Man instead of Ditko!

Bang on

Was just looking at it and started to appreciate it like I had never before

I guess it is true that you understand the value of something after you lose it

I've been in love with the TASM costume since stills of the film where released, then trailers and the film itself.

IMO, a cracking costume. even the sneakers/trainers. It just worked visually.

Just need to see some good stills of this costume as it will be intended.

And the front spider. And the same material in the blue as TASM, and the way the red bends on the arms. It's a more "professional" version of the other suit. Like the first suit he made with what he could, and this one he actually invested in, since the whole superhero thing is taking off. A better more secure material, a little cleaner, hard boots to protect his feet ether than the bottom of shoes.

It doesn't matter if the silver shoes are on the suit or not, because you could never even notice them in the actual movie, just the set pics.

49466161.png

I'm on the boat of fans that liked the Reboot Suit. It looked great in the movie.

I don't like the new cartoon version honestly. I love the shape and size of the new eyes but wish they just put them on the part 1 suit.

I've never liked the original trilogy's suit. Yes I now that one and this new one is the closest to the comics but I going to miss the reboot suit.

Why does this poll not offer the option of "TASM's costume was better", which would be my vote. Same with the other similar poll, doesn't give voters the option to express preferences for the TASM suit.

It doesn't matter if the silver shoes are on the suit or not, because you could never even notice them in the actual movie, just the set pics.

Exactly. I never understood why people were freaking out so much over the silver shoes. Unless I blinked and missed, I don't recall ever seeing the shoes in the movie.

49466161.png

I'm on the boat of fans that liked the Reboot Suit. It looked great in the movie.

I don't like the new cartoon version honestly. I love the shape and size of the new eyes but wish they just put them on the part 1 suit.

I've never liked the original trilogy's suit. Yes I now that one and this new one is the closest to the comics but I going to miss the reboot suit.

:up: Agree with you. The new eye shape is ok but too big, and the webs on the head are too far apart. I way prefer the TASM suit and wish they kept many of its characteristics and made the new suit more of an evolution than an overhaul.

Why does this poll not offer the option of "TASM's costume was better", which would be my vote. Same with the other similar poll, doesn't give voters the option to express preferences for the TASM suit.
"Worse than the previous movie suit" option is available in the other poll

Although it does indeed look more like Raimi's suit than TASM suit I think it'll look a fair bit different on the big screen. For starters the blue area of the suit is the same material as TASM's giving it that texture we loved and even the red IMO will look less 'spandexy' than Raimi's. The lines on the suit are thinner and black, really very different from the silver thick lines of Raimi's suit. These little changes along with the big changes i.e the eyes, the spider logos, the colour filters Webb uses and Garfield's much slimmer frame will make a very different Spider-man than Raimi's design.

:up: Agree with you. The new eye shape is ok but too big, and the webs on the head are too far apart. I way prefer the TASM suit and wish they kept many of its characteristics and made the new suit more of an evolution than an overhaul.

My thoughts too. I wasn't expecting a complete overhaul or a reboot of the reboot into a Retro. I'm intrigued to see how it looks on screen. The Reboot suit looked way better in the movie then in set pics. I'm hoping the filters will improve it.

I wouldn't say a boat. It's much more of a raft seeing as it's only a few who aren't digging it. The majority are absolutely loving it.

49466161.png

Man, I know we're here to talk about the new suit, the Raimi suit looks amazing in those pics. I never realized how much I liked the silver webbing until now. It's a cool twist on the classic look and the eye design is so sleek and sexy, perfectly sized in my opinion.

The reboot suit is also really cool and unique, while still completely resembling Spider-man. The eyes could have been better, but it looked really good in action and pics don't do it justice.

I'm digging the new suit but just confused about it, to some extent. The eye shape is PERFECT but seems to be a litttleeeeeee too big. Can't wait to see more of it, but I think the Raimi suit was better than this.

Prefer the black webs, colour and texture of the ASM costume everything else I think is better on the new costume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"