The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!! - Part 1

Usually when they poll the public to gauge national or state wide voter trends they interview a few thousand people and it's pretty accurate.

So I doubt the amount of people polled changes the results of poll much.
If more people vote for Amazing Spider-Man rating might drop or increase some points

i agree with Spider-Aziz. I`ve seen it too! Its not a big deal, but it happened^^

I understand that looking like the classic is everything to some people, but I hope this doesn't look too much like a "halloween costume" if you know what I mean

can't wait to see what it looks like on film

Exactly

Not sure if this has been posted, but look at that....

_1361856696.jpg

Sorry, but I really miss the sneakers. These weird shiny, thin boot thingies aren't doing it for me. They should've maybe ditched the silver (replace it with black or blue) on the sneakers and leave it at that.

I know it's comicbook accurate but as TheWallCrawler said, I'm getting some serious Halloween vibes off this image. I still want this movie to have it's own DNA.

The 'belt' I think is also a missed opportunity to experiment with the design. It's too thick. Love the shape of the eyes, but certainly didn't hate the reflective nature of the TASM eyes.

Last edited:
Exactly

Sorry, but I really miss the sneakers. These weird shiny, thin boot thingies aren't doing it for me. They should've maybe ditched the silver (replace it with black or blue) on the sneakers and leave it at that.

I know it's comicbook accurate but as TheWallCrawler said, I'm getting some serious Halloween vibes off this image. I still want this movie to have it's own DNA.

The 'belt' I think is also a missed opportunity to experiment with the design. It's too thick.

One of the big good points was the sneaker/trainer aspect of the suit.

Yes imagining.

Lets some some screencaps if it's so obvious.

Spider-Man punches Ock, blue is blue
Ock pushes Spider-Man, blue is black
And different shades of blue

My brothers saw it with me to check, they saw the changes

Spider-Man punches Ock, blue is blue
Ock pushes Spider-Man, blue is black
And different shades of blue

My brothers saw it with me to check, they saw the changes

I said screencaps not footage. If I want to see footage I can pop the movie in myself. I want to see the frames where this change supposedly happens.

Also that's the 2.1. version. The color on that cut has a strange orange tint to it.

What if they actually explained the costume change with Peter being allergic to the old materials?

I said screencaps not footage. If I want to see footage I can pop the movie in myself. I want to see the frames where this change supposedly happens.

Also that's the 2.1. version. The color on that cut has a strange orange tint to it.
Footage is better than still images
And I saw the original cut, colors change, different shades of blue to black

Spidey with bigger eyes. CG.

[YT]-3EfaHGUJak[/YT]

Looks cool here but will be interesting to see if it (big eyes) look as good in live action

Still loving the eyes. I think they're gonna look great after all the post-production techniques.
It's also probably one of the first times that we actually get WHITE eyes, and not grey/yellow/reflective.

Reminds me of the test footage eyes from early 2000 that they didn't use for Raimi's.

Last edited:
New eyes will look good on screen...can't wait to see that.

Yeah I mean TASM paparazzi photos have made stuff look terrible in the past, but looked great on screen.
Considering that these photos make things look blurry, we can't see much detail.
It's gotta look great on screen.
I get what you guys are saying about the "Halloween" vibes..but I think Marc Webb is way smarter than to have the finished product look like a guy going to Comic Con.

What if they actually explained the costume change with Peter being allergic to the old materials?

If they explained the costume change, that would be cool. If the explanation involved his allergies... not so cool.

I'm thinking maybe he makes the lenses bigger because he couldn't see too well in the first costume. He alters his web shooters because the original ones couldn't shoot webs far enough (see the Crane scene). The material/texture could be uncomfortable so he changes that. The rest could really be for aesthetic reasons. Maybe Gwen helps him make his new suit, or points out its flaws at the beginning of the movie.

I hope we get a shot of Peter hanging upside down in his room stitching up the new costume.

How would a teen go about buying the materials to make such a quality costume?

Peter - 'Do you have any fine black webbing to sell?'
Store Assistent -'Nope'
Peter - 'Any glasses with white lenses?'
SA - 'nope'
Peter - 'Any red and blue material with a honeycomb pattern?'
SA - '...You're Spider-Man, aren't you?'.

How would a teen go about buying the materials to make such a quality costume?

Peter - 'Do you have any fine black webbing to sell?'
Store Assistent -'Nope'
Peter - 'Any glasses with white lenses?'
SA - 'nope'
Peter - 'Any red and blue material with a honeycomb pattern?'
SA - '...You're Spider-Man, aren't you?'.
He probably purchased the materials online I suppose.

It's funny that out of the majority most people are complaining about the suit when my gut is telling me that Webb and co. did it with the hardcore fanbase in mind thinking it would excite them.

Personally, I love the suit. It's...well....Spider-man!! The eyes, the suit....perfect. I can't wait to see it motion!!

It's funny that out of the majority most people are complaining about the suit when my gut is telling me that Webb and co. did it with the hardcore fanbase in mind thinking it would excite them.

Its only people on SHH! who are complaining. And no matter what he did with the costume, people were going to make a fuss about it. Its exciting a lot of people I actually know, so whatever.

He bought them from different countries. He had to buy 10,000 masks so no one would suspect who he really was.

Ha... I see what you did there.

Personally, I love the suit. It's...well....Spider-man!! The eyes, the suit....perfect. I can't wait to see it motion!!

Agreed. I'm so excited.

No its not only SHH posters that are complaining a lot of other fans are all over the net, it seems pretty divided right down the middle. I for one love the new suit but I was never a huge fan of the Raimi suits which is strange they were ok but this is much better.

I hope it looks a lot better on film, with all the correct lighting applied. In those pictures the suit looks way too smooth. I miss the roughness of the first suit.

Yeah I mean, the paparazzi photos on nearly every comic book film to date have made stuff look terrible in the past, but looked great on screen.
Considering that these photos make things look blurry, we can't see much detail.
It's gotta look great on screen.
How easily everyone around here seems to forget that. I've been reading complaints like the ones in this thread for the last six years. For just about every comic book movie made over that time. It's getting old.

I hope it looks a lot better on film, with all the correct lighting applied. In those pictures the suit looks way too smooth. I miss the roughness of the first suit.

Remember when there was a meltdown on the forum because the ASM suit looked pink and light blue and then we you saw the suit with proper lighting the colours absolutely popped. You need to see the suit with proper lighting, a cinematographer is paid to light the scene to cast everything in the best possible light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"