The Official Thread For: Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by GothicPowerMix1, Feb 2, 2006.

?

Rate the movie

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tecnowraith Registered

Source: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/#article:8443

For those Harry Potter fans that were disappointed that The Dursleys were cut from the last film, fear not. The link above tells they will be back for the new film. So this might means that we see Dementors in the muggle world attacking Harry's cousin, Dudley, in broad daylight.

2. War Party Ve vant ze money,Lebowski

I thought it was dementor that attacks harry and his cousin.

3. Mr. Credible jukebox hero

4. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Happry Potter.:up:

5. reggiebar Registered

6. tecnowraith Registered

First i did not know and second wish I can edit the title but I can't.

7. reggiebar Registered

Always do a search of topics before starting a new topic (in case there is one already as was the case here).

8. tecnowraith Registered

Source: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/#article:8443

For those Harry Potter fans that were disappointed that The Dursleys were cut from the last film, fear not. The link above tells they will be back for the new film. So this might means that we see Dementors in the muggle world attacking Harry's cousin, Dudley, in broad daylight.

9. OtepApe Registered

Glad to see the return of The Dursleys. I expect as much that we will see the Dementor attck.

10. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

Dudley + Dementor attack = har de har har har

11. War Party Ve vant ze money,Lebowski

I think they're going to show the dementor attack as a flashback during the trial. The film is probably going to open up with the trial, I wouldn't be surprised.

12. War Party Ve vant ze money,Lebowski

and supposely WB hasn't contacted Gary Oldman to return for Sirius Black yet.

"Gary Oldman, who played the part of Sirius Black in the third and fourth Harry Potter movies, has not yet been asked by Warner Brothers to reprise the role of Harry's godfather in Order of the Phoenix. According to Douglas Urbanski of the Douglas Management Group (who represents Oldman), WB has had little desire since the beginning for the actor to return in OOTP, even though Oldman requests small payment. As a result, Urbanski has stated that unless WB offers him the role by next week, Oldman won't consider returning as Black. We'll let you know what WB has to say."

Source: http://www.mugglenet.com

13. Joined:
    Oct 18, 2005
    Im glad to hear that.

14. JackBauer Registered

Harry must be pretty happy...

15. War Party Ve vant ze money,Lebowski

It sucks Harry couldn't ever have a normal year at Hogwarts. I would be one depressed kid if all that crap happened to me. I'm surprise he isn't a serial killer.

16. War Party Ve vant ze money,Lebowski

edit: nevermind

17. War Party Ve vant ze money,Lebowski

New OOTP filming information Lizo of CBBC Newsround recently visited the set of the fifth Harry Potter movie and interviewed the stars. The report was aired just minutes ago on CBBC, but we're not sure if a video will be posted online. In the mean time, our fast-typing readers have given us a summary of what was said:
    • According to Dan, "I was meant to film the kiss last week, but I had gastric flu, so Katie, umm, well she may have escaped this time... but I'll catch her one day!" Katie said she was both excited and nervous about the kiss. Emma said she would be s******ing in the background. The filming of that particular scene has been postponed for a few weeks.
    • Recently, they've been filming the scenes involving the Room of Requirement and quite a lot in the Forbidden Forest, including the part where the centaurs rampage after Umbridge.
    • David Heyman said the film would be released either summer or fall 2007, and the sixth film would be out late 2008. He also mentioned that a trailer should be revealed by the end of this year.

18. Backdrifter Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος

There is no way that they would cut that because it leads Harry into the Ministry of Magic and lays the seeds for the finale that takes place there.

19. OtepApe Registered

Yeah, that's what I thought. However, they have been known to rewrite things before. Hopefully this isn't one of them. Although it's a different screenwriter for this one.

20. War Party Ve vant ze money,Lebowski

Like I said above, I think we're going to see what happens in a flashback with the film opening up with the trial.

21. Backdrifter Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος

Why do you think that? That is pretty illogical from a storytelling point of view...there is no point in breaking a part a linear story.

22. War Party Ve vant ze money,Lebowski

Because I think showing the dursley's is pointless for this film, except showing dudley because of the dementor. Why waste time at pivet drive when you need to just establish harry and dudley were attacked by a dementor and that harry used underage magic, which is the only part essential to the main plot. So using the trial would be a good place to show all of this. GOF jumped right into the quiditch world cup and that worked fine in my opinion.

23. Backdrifter Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος

No it is not pointless. SKipping the Dursleys two films in a row is a mistake considering the fact that Harry is supposed to go there every summer to renew the ancient magic that keeps him safe...audiences will forget about the Dursleys if you do not go back...not to mention that after Harry saves Dudley he is about to be kicked out and Aunt Petunia remembers her promise and keeps him...this is ALL important to what is going on. Furthermore...Harry sits outside the window listening to the television news reports for any new happenings related to Lord Voldemort. The Dursley scenes are very much important to the 5th and 6th films cutting them would be a mistake.

24. Backdrifter Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος

Oldman will be in it...do not worry.

25. War Party Ve vant ze money,Lebowski

I would love to see that, but I don't think it will happen. This is a large book and you saw what they did with GOF. The dementor attack is the main issue and that's what is going to be concentrated on. I'm guessing the film opens with the dementor attack, show title of film, and jumps to the trial and show flashback as harry is telling his story.