The Official: Twiddling our thumbs while waiting for anything Ghost Rider thread.

RedIsNotBlue said:
As far as the trailer release I would say these dates are the best bets considering they are Sony movie release dates.

Rent- November 23rd
Fun with Dick and Jane- December 21
Memiors of a Geisha- December 23rd
Underworld: Evolution- January 20th

I would say that the trailer is going to be attached to Underworld:Evolution for sure considering that the people who see it are the type of audience who would enjoy Ghost Rider.

yea,they hopefully will put a trailer on the UE movie,Im looking most forward to that movie till probably may,I think its going to rock,but what would make it better? a GR trailer,That night would KICK-ash!

I really hate to have to wait until January to see the first GR trailer but, you're probably right on it bein with Underworld 2. That seems like the right movie to attach it too and definatly one I'll be seein' anyway.

I guess January wont be that long comin' anyway. I always find Xmas month to fly by... of course, now in my old age I find all months to fly by.

FlameHead said:
I really hate to have to wait until January to see the first GR trailer but, you're probably right on it bein with Underworld 2. That seems like the right movie to attach it too and definatly one I'll be seein' anyway.

I guess January wont be that long comin' anyway. I always find Xmas month to fly by... of course, now in my old age I find all months to fly by.

Well I doubt it will be that much different from what we have already seen just CGIed up. But I think before the trailer we will see more in terms of photos, interviews, etc.

Yeah, I'd say your right on the trailer no bein' different... unless Mark was annoyed by it bein' leaked and not want it to be the same. I doubt that though.

I hope we start seein' some pics and interviews really soon!

Jeez we got screen shots what seems like months ago and nothing since. Considering filming wrapped long ago and they're in post production they could at least give us an update of any sorts. There hasn't even been an interview with MSJ in quite some time. I guess he's busy working out those F/X that must be a real pain to get perfect considering Ghost Rider's head will be the focal point of the entire film. You do that bad and the whole movie goes in the toilet. I have faith in MSJ and Sony but c'mon already give us something with or without pics.

Is the trailer going to be attached to Superbowl like X3???

Anyways...Begin:

Thumb Twiddling

The ancient art of thumb twiddling is a subject that has many nuances, and a depth which is not seen upon initial contemplation. A twiddle is defined as the rotation of an object around a similar object in varying velocities and rhythms. Its origin is in the word 'fiddling', which is used to describe the unorganised maintenance of different things such as hair, papers, etc. A twiddle's main purpose is to pass the time. Similar methods of twiddling include finger tapping, hair splitting, foot shaking, and tongue clucking.

The Psychology of Thumb Twiddling

It has been suggested that the study of personal thumb twiddling preferences can be used as a way to define a twiddler's personality traits, similar to the study of handwriting. Twiddle analysis is in its infancy however, and more research needs to be done before it can be accepted into mainstream psychology.

Contact vs Non-Contact Twiddling
There are those who avoid any thumb contact at all while twiddling, and those who derive satisfaction from the full-contact variety. It's rather dependent on one's mood. Sometimes there's a great deal of joy to be derived from avoidance of contact and other times it's rather soothing to have the intimacy of the full-contact sort, and comfort to be found in the gentle 'shushing' noise one can generate by colliding one's thumbs together once per rotation.

It is important to remember that a person should not be judged by their twiddle alone. Judging a person solely on their twiddle without observing their good qualities would sadly brand one as a twiddlist.

The Basic Steps to Twiddling One's Thumbs

Step One - Clasp Your Hands

This may be done in any way that is comfortable for the individual twiddler. The hand clasp is the proper positioning for the 'classic' twiddle. Hand clasp is by personal preference, defined by which index finger is on top, as the thumbs will be busy twiddling. Experimental evidences suggests that index finger positioning of left over right vs right over left makes no discernible difference in twiddling capability when using a Reverse twiddle.

Alternative Hand Patterns - Simply having the fingertips touching can also allow adequate mobility for thumb twiddling, especially for those with long thumbs. Alterations include how the fingers are curved, and the loosening or tightening of the finger clasp.

Twiddle Rotation - twiddle rotation is, again, a personal preference. Experimentation has concluded however, that a reverse twiddle is preferred over a forward twiddle for the average, right-handed twiddler. A reverse twiddle is defined as a twiddle where the topmost thumb at the apex of the twiddle is headed toward the torso.

Step Two - Commence Twiddling

Take one thumb, twirl it over the other thumb, take the other thumb, twirl it over the first one.

Repeat as necessary.

I'm too busy to twiddle thumbs.

I have King Kong and Narnia to worry about with Harry Potter and The World's Fastest Indian doing good trade until the big guns hit. I have to roster people who know how to handle themselves onto freakish interlock shifts with both of those films running on concurrent interlocks (where you take one print and thread it through two or more projectors via a series of connecting rollers).

And to get away from the organisational chaos I head online . . . and . . . talk about work . . . Um . . . yeah.

Damn, I almost wish I could just twiddle thumbs. :(

I had bacon and eggs for lunch yesterday, LUNCH!!!!

Advanced Dark said:
There hasn't even been an interview with MSJ in quite some time.

Yeah, but the last time he answered questions, he answered a lot of important questions, and I thought, divulged a lot of info and We're lucky to have seen the comiccom stuff.

I'm just glad that I'm actually waiting for something now, instead of waiting for them to decide to do the movie, before this past year was hell.

I don't expect anything before January, but after January, its all downhill :ghost: :up:

Twiddling thumbs indeed. It's quite hard to come on here everyday and search for GR news to find absolutly nothing. It makes me sad most of the time but, soon enough we'll be havin' the same problems in this section as everywhere else with people excited and posting the same topics over and over again. News'll be flyin' in that fast we won't know how to deal with it. HOpefully anyway.

I expect after this year is a good call Riding... or anytime after X3 has their trailer released anyway. We may get something before the new year but, it's highly unlikely at this point. Either way, 2006 with be exciting for us all.

-attempts thumb twiddling and breaks his arm- shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww

Hellstormer said:
-attempts thumb twiddling and breaks his arm- shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww shhhhhh owwwww

Obviously you performed an improper non-sanctioned twiddling technique. I highly recommend you refrain from twiddling until you educate yourself on how to properly twiddle. Many before you have injured themselves and even came close to Twiddleosis. (Death by Twiddle). Please seek a Twiddleologist for counseling.

Advanced Dark said:
Obviously you performed an improper non-sanctioned twiddling technique. I highly recommend you refrain from twiddling until you educate yourself on how to properly twiddle. Many before you have injured themselves and even came close to Twiddleosis. (Death by Twiddle). Please seek a Twiddleologist for counseling.
Well ecuuuuuse me I thought my technique waas just fine :p

Hellstormer said:
Well ecuuuuuse me I thought my technique waas just fine :p

No,no you must leave it up to the proffesional ones,Like me,I went to college for 6 years and majored in it!

Well I'm not about to attempt to twiddle, may end up like Hellstormer and won't be able to make wallpapers.

NO I refuse to twiddle my toes (if that's even possible)

If you think we fans are anxious, imagine how Ghosty must feel...:D

impatientghosty.jpg

I can be pretty patient, but I must admit that I'm ready for something. Hell, anything at this point. New pics, interviews, trailers, whatever.

But what I really want to see is GR kickin' somebody's ash^^

I'm bored so I thought i'd just invert a bunch of pictures, cause I like the way it makes the pics look.

ibfcwp.jpg

ibfdbs.jpg

ibfdk6.jpg

ibfdqr.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"