The Official Young Avengers/Runaways Thread

Gert and Vic are just getting along bettter than anyone. also the future Gert said that they became Avengers, and intoned that they were involved.

Chase is still around, although he did get kissed by Nico during the East Coast/West Coast arch. then he confessed this was just after claiming that he'd killed a guy some years ago, and then he more or less confirmed it to Nico. Gert knows none of this.

I'd rather Chase find some weapons around the Hostel that his parents designed. I actually had an idea of Chase finding a holo-will from his father's, only the thing is sentient. it has his father's full memories and his awareness, so the Runaways get a member that can't be outside. (The Steins along with the Wilders and the I believe the Yorkes really did love their kids)

Chase killed a guy?

"'Buh - buh- buh, I ain't got the money-'huh. You... is... is Chase Stein gonna have to choke a b****?"

So, Chase was like 15/16(presumably 16 if it was a carjacking) and he just kills him(granted, it was most likely a violent situation, but killing?)? That weighs on a conscience. How'd he not get caught? Was the guy a drifter?

he said the guy was some blip, he said he was sixteen, he said that he killed him with his bare hands. He says he has no problem with it.

and if you want to know how he got away with it, remember that his dad was part of an international crime syndicate.

Ah, yes. The famous "My dad would kill your dad in a fight. No, seriously, he actually would, they stab a b**** every year" scapegoat.

But, I just realized this while thinking about Chase fistfighting Patriot- both teams have two powerless members. Both teams have a guy who has not powers whatsoever and instead uses a weapon on rare occasions(Patriot-shield, Chase- Leapfrog's lasers/switchblade) and both of those people are romantically linked to a girl who relies on weapons to fight, yet is still very active(Kate- various weapons, Gert- Old Lace, Nico- Staff of One).Furthermore, if Xavin and Karolina return, both teams will have gay person/shapeshifter couples. They both have robots, and both have a girl member of the team who is younger than the rest yet is stronger than you'd think. Finally, they both have mutants and aliens.

No, man, I get you. Thanks for clearing that up. I just go off on weird tangents sometimes.

no, I typed nevermind as an edit, I had originally restated somethign you pointed out, but then realized you'd already said it.

cool. :up:

So, any news on the art chores for this mini?(Oh, please, Sook or Acuna or Turner, that'd rule)

They showed some art on newsarama I think. Looked like crap.:(

preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty sure that was for X-Men/Runaways. :)

Skottie Young stuff, right? Man, I'm torn on that guy- I like his New Warriors, but hate the X-Men/Runaways that I've seen so far.

Here's hoping Young Avengers/Runaways involves a few cameos, like New Avengers and... Thunderbolts. Or She- Hulk. Or the Wrecking Crew again, that'd be hilarious.

GOODT!MES said:
Ah, yes. The famous "My dad would kill your dad in a fight. No, seriously, he actually would, they stab a b**** every year" scapegoat.

But, I just realized this while thinking about Chase fistfighting Patriot- both teams have two powerless members. Both teams have a guy who has not powers whatsoever and instead uses a weapon on rare occasions(Patriot-shield, Chase- Leapfrog's lasers/switchblade) and both of those people are romantically linked to a girl who relies on weapons to fight, yet is still very active(Kate- various weapons, Gert- Old Lace, Nico- Staff of One).Furthermore, if Xavin and Karolina return, both teams will have gay person/shapeshifter couples. They both have robots, and both have a girl member of the team who is younger than the rest yet is stronger than you'd think. Finally, they both have mutants and aliens.

Wow that's so true it never dawned on me, how similair the line ups on both teams are.:up:

GOODT!MES said:

Yeah, I had no idea that Karolina was a lesbian. But that means her relationship to that Skrull is kind of strange because he's clearly male and shape-shifts into a girl to make Karolina feel comfortable with thier relationship I'm assuming.

It just kind of hit me. This should be an interesting mash-up, as the Young Avengers are like naive versions of the Runaways.

Or the Runaways are A-Hole versions of the Young Avengers. Both would be a valid opinion.

KingOfDreams said:
Yeah, I had no idea that Karolina was a lesbian. But that means her relationship to that Skrull is kind of strange because he's clearly male and shape-shifts into a girl to make Karolina feel comfortable with thier relationship I'm assuming.
Xavin claims that for Skrulls, changing sex is relatively easy, effortless, and without taboo. It just seems odd to us because we're humans where that sort of stuff ain't true.

And yes, I'm so there for RUNAWAYS/YOUNG AVENGERS. Still.

It would be funny as all heck if the Young Avengers and the Runaways got together and officially figured out that at this point, they are both more competant and interesting than the New Avengers, and for the most part until THE COLLECTIVE have battled harder enemies.

"Okay, so, we just got back from Kang and Mr. Hyde, and you guys took on Ultron for a bit. What're the adults doing? Fighting THE HAND!? Pu-LLLEEZZE! I remember I threw a handball too hard once and it went over a fence and TKO'd about five Hand Ninja. Talk about lame."

I think its a little less complicated for Skrulls. I don't think that there is a real difference between male and female in the Skrull culture. the feminine forms are just for the humans they interact with, thats my theory anyway. I doubt that they see themselves as having a "True form". what every form their in is just for their conviencience, or perhaps an outward expression of their inward feelings.

funny Dread.

Dread said:
Xavin claims that for Skrulls, changing sex is relatively easy, effortless, and without taboo. It just seems odd to us because we're humans where that sort of stuff ain't true.

And yes, I'm so there for RUNAWAYS/YOUNG AVENGERS. Still.

It would be funny as all heck if the Young Avengers and the Runaways got together and officially figured out that at this point, they are both more competant and interesting than the New Avengers, and for the most part until THE COLLECTIVE have battled harder enemies.

"Okay, so, we just got back from Kang and Mr. Hyde, and you guys took on Ultron for a bit. What're the adults doing? Fighting THE HAND!? Pu-LLLEEZZE! I remember I threw a handball too hard once and it went over a fence and TKO'd about five Hand Ninja. Talk about lame."

I figured they'd have more respect for the team that they'll eventually join. Even though YA could easily handle The Collective......:o

GOODT!MES said:
preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty sure that was for X-Men/Runaways. :)

Skottie Young stuff, right? Man, I'm torn on that guy- I like his New Warriors, but hate the X-Men/Runaways that I've seen so far.

Here's hoping Young Avengers/Runaways involves a few cameos, like New Avengers and... Thunderbolts. Or She- Hulk. Or the Wrecking Crew again, that'd be hilarious.
Nope it wasn't the art that they showed had YA not the x-men/runaways. The YA looked like crap.:(

I don't see the Runaways joining the YA. they're too... emo. I hate to use that term, but it really does fit. They complain about adults, and the world, and fight every hand that can help them.

I was referring to the New Avengers. At least two of the Runaways' future selfs join the Avengers, and it's only a matter time before some of the YA get upgraded to the big leagues.

Well how do you know that they Runaways members will upgrade to Avengers? remember, they've heard that Gert joined up, that could discourage her from joining, same with Victor.

It may discourae her, but if other stories has taught us anything, its that the future is un-avoidable. She may not want to join now, but who knows what events may force her to team-up with the Avengers.

of course, the future is unavoidable... futures like MC2, AoA, and other such alternate time lines futures from which the summers children hail. oh and the HoM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"