Days of Future Past The Positive Vibes About X:FC Thread

Perhaps to have a connection to Cyclops? :huh:

Since day 1, X-Men movies have been a very loose interpretation of the characters...

when will you guys accept it as an alternate reality, in which not everything, or mostly anything, will be like the comics...i know it's not the way many of you wanted it to be, but...it's been 10 years now. This bird has flown. And it's not a Phoenix.

Many other comic book films change things.Ra's al Ghul was not Involved with Batman's training.Ducard was not the real head of the league of Shadows.The Joker was not Involved with Two-Face's origin.Pepper Potts was more Into Tony Stark,Obidare Stane was not Involved In Tony Stark's origin.Betty Ross was not a scientist.It was a gamma bomb that created the hulk.Peter parker did not just have eyes for Mary jane Watson.
The Green Goblin and Dr Octopus were not split personaltys.Harry Osborn did not start out as Peter Parker's best friend.Ben Parker was killed by burgler not carjacker.Bryan Singer Is critized for changing things but Chris Nolan,Sam rami,Jon favreru,and LL are not.

I'm going to declare myself out because we're just going around in circles here.

well it is a positive thread buddy should of know from first post

well it is a positive thread buddy should of know from first post

and my initial post was positive, I am looking forward to seeing the story set in the 60's but I would've been looking forward to more thats all.

That's won't be hard to do, there's never even been a X-Men movie made, just Wolverine 1-4 and they've all blown chunks.

That said, yea I feel for "Akira" on Earth-Primal or wherever :oldrazz:

Ok, so now they are doing an X-Men movie without Wolverine and you say you are not going to see it because it does not have the exact line up from the 1st Kirby books.
C'mon man, if you hold that against the movie to the point you refuse to see it, how can you be cool with
all the other superhero movies that do that take similar liberties with character's timelines?
Anyway, just go to see the movie, just go you crazy purist before you have a mid-life pre-crisis.

I'm gonna say it, I think this movie is gonna be great. Matthew Vaughn directing, Bryan Singer producing and creating the story, Jane Goldman doing a rewrite. I'm excited.

I'm gonna say it, I think this movie is gonna be great. Matthew Vaughn directing, Bryan Singer producing and creating the story, Jane Goldman doing a rewrite. I'm excited.

First and foremost, I'm incredibly excited to see James McAvoy as Xavier. I really think he's one of the best - if not the best - actor of his generation, and my favorite actor with my favorite group of superheroes is just too much, really. :hrt:
I addition to James' casting, I'm looking foward the 60's setting and the Hellfire Club. And Singer and Vaughn working together.
I have to say I'm all positive vibes so far. :awesome:

I'd like to add Beast to the list too, I'm looking forward to seeing him. Hopefully pre blue fur but I would be happy either way.

I'm kinda disappointed how they'll change several of the characters ages, but it's got Singer, Vaughn and apparently a cast of good actors. So I give it the benefit of the doubt. And I don't care if it messes with continuity. Origins already messed that up, so I see this movie as going back how it's supposed to be.

Really looking forward to seeing what they do with Emma Frost. Hopefully we'll get some new and interesting power displays in general. Looking forward to seeing more Xavier and Magneto development too.

Now that I've accepted Cyclops won't be in this, I'm back to being super excited again. Vaughn is a great director, Singer being back is great, the choices for Professor X and Magneto seem to be good, we're finally getting a new mutant antagonist in these films, and I'm going to be able to see Havok and Banshee on the big screen for the first time.

Right now, I'm 'cautiously optomistic' about the film, but that's only because I don't really get the decision to set it in the '60s and not include more 'mainstream' X-Men characters. I'd also like Singer and Co. to come out and straight-up indicate whether or not the film is meant to be a prequel to the previous films, or if it's meant to be a reboot, because letting it exist in 'limbo land' is what, IMO, has contributed to this trend of rewriting history in order to 'conveniently' forget just how high-quality the first two X-Men films were, or that Singer demonstrated - with said two films - just how intrinsically he understands the X-Men property and how to translate the comic book material into something that works filmically and appeals to a broader audience than just the comic book fans.

Fox, Vaughn, and Singer have blatantly on many occasion said this film is a prequel.

you would think singer as producer would confirm it to not be a reboot lol

The question Is not rather X-Men First Class Is a prequel the question Is are The Last Stand and Wolverine still In contunity.The interview that Singer did suggested this but remember both X-Men and X2 had surprises In them compared to the novelazations.I would not put It past them to have film that spawns from 60's to 80's.Based on comments Vaughn has made it Is also possable The Last stand Is still In Conitunity but Wolverine Isn't.In the fall when the first publicacy gets In gear I suspect we will get the answers to continuity questions.

All that I've seen re: the status of the film in relation to the rest of what's been done thus far vis a vis the X-Men film franchise is a statement that First Class is 'both a prequel AND a reboot', and I'd like to see 100% confirmation one way or another; either it's a reboot, which means completely ignoring everything else that's been done thus far vis a vis the X-Men film franchise, or it's a prequel to everything else that's been done thus far vis a vis the X-Men film franchise; it really can't be 'both a prequel and a reboot', because the two terms are mutually exclusive and convey different things, and, to my knowledge, nobody's come out and said exactly what it is supposed to be one way or the other.

Again,

FOX.
BRYAN SINGER.
and MATHEW VAUGHN

Have all said the film is a prequel.

Unfortunately, fans have selective reading.

Vaughn says so
"Yeah, I would say absolutely so,” Vaughn responded when asked if “First Class” would be an official, in-continuity prequel to the “X-Men” movies that came before it.“You’ve got Magneto and [Charles] Xavier when they first meet,” he explained. “The backdrop of what’s going on in the world when they first meet, it’s very interesting. You see them and their relationship develop and play out with this major political event in the background.”

Why is it even a question whether this is a prequel or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"