The Force Awakens The Princess Leia Organa Solo / Carrie Fisher Thread

Disney nor Lucasfilm have confirmed this yet. I'll wait for that. I doubt they would announce one and not the others.

I'm glad we've finally got a confirmed cast member and I'm super glad I get to see Queen Leia. Hopefully as what Judi Dench was to the Bond movies.

Can't be a "Queen" when your planet's been blown up. :p

it's funny how I never thought about it when I was a kid. She was a princess of a (destroyed) planet, not the universe. If all else, as can become a top ranking senator.

Carrie confirmed it.

No, She said she would play the part again. She never said she "signed" on to play the part. And just because she wants to reprise her role doesn't mean she will. Halle Berry just said the same thing about Storm in X-men, which was't confirmed. Several days later Fox came out and confirmed that she would be back. Actors can say whatever they want....people are taking things out of context because they want there to be some big news splash. This should be labeled as a rumor. Cause at this point thats all it is until someone at either Disney or lucasfilm confirm.

ABC News ran a short blurb tonight about Carrie being in the new movie, but I think they were just relying on the same rumors everyone else is. I haven't seen any quote from Fisher or anyone connected with the movie actually confirming it.

..Fisher was the one that said "Yes." So ya. Comingsoon.net had the article on it.

She was just joking.

Carrie Fisher Was “Joking” About Being Cast in ‘Star Wars Episode VII’

The latest round of chatter started when Fisher gave a simple “yes” to Palm Beach Illustrated‘s inquiry about whether she’d appear in Episode VII. However, her rep has now told CNN that Fisher wasn’t being serious. “She was joking,” said the individual. “Nothing has been announced.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/carrie-fisher-was-joking-about-being-cast-in-star-wars-episode-vii/

Eh ya sounds more like damage control. I will bet all three are in it.

Joking? She needs to leave that to Mark Hamill. :o

I have to admit I'm surprised to see she's being cast especially after her bipolar episode that hospitalized her earlier last month. I figured that would have put her out of the game. That being said, it is a nice & welcome surprise!

I know of a number of actors and actresses that are bi-polar (having being told this MYSELF by the director's who have worked with them), but they're still working.

EDIT: Do not ask me for names, because if word somehow gets out, the Directors or Actors will figure out what was said and it'll just **** **** up for both parties.

Ok, it's confirmed again. Now can we all agree that she's in the movie?

It'll be like Snyder and Zod. It'll never be confirmed even when the trailers come out.

Apparently she's getting a trainer to get"in really good shape"!

I have to admit I'm surprised to see she's being cast especially after her bipolar episode that hospitalized her earlier last month. I figured that would have put her out of the game. That being said, it is a nice & welcome surprise!

There's tons of nuts in hollywood, look at Mel Gibson, Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen, Tom Cruise, etc. Hell there are mentally unstable people in nearly every aspect of life. Did you know some of the countries most esteemed lawyers and members of the legal system show up drunk to court on a regular basis? There is an entire branch of Alcoholic Anonymous just for lawyers the problem is so bad. Carrie Fisher has not come across as particularly sane in quite some time now and a small bi polar episode is not going to be enough to put her out of the project.

Unless she has some drug problems that escalate to the point they effect her ability to work and conditions on the set, or she develops some form of dementia the studio won't have a problem keeping her around.

Carrie has bi polar disorder, not insanity. It means she experiences extreme highs and extreme lows. Not that she loses any grasp on reality. She is sane but she has emotional problems that she requires help with. The depression has led to alcohol, weight and drugs issues that she is fighting.

This is not the same as alcoholic racists, chronic idiots or Tom Cruise. I don't think Carrie has ever done anything to attack other people, get on the wrong side of the law or given money to a dangerous cult.

She has a medical problem and receives help. Its not different than someone with a pacemaker, high blood pressure or an artificial hip.

/clarification

Was she just joshing or serious when she quipped that Disney have sent her a personal trainer to get her in shape? Barring waving a signed contract in the air for all to see, this statement pretty much settles that she's on board. 1 day to go....

Was she just joshing or serious when she quipped that Disney have sent her a personal trainer to get her in shape? Barring waving a signed contract in the air for all to see, this statement pretty much settles that she's on board. 1 day to go....

I think that part is true, along with Hamill (who is getting slimmer with each and every month. I think the most weight gain he had was at last year's Comic-Con in July. He looked bad. But now he looks healthier.)

I get the feeling they will take Leia in the direction that we've read in EU: she's more in the political arena, while Luke is more in the jedi path. If this is so, of course Mark has more pressure to be fit, depending of course on what his character will be doing. Whether Carrie was joking or not about the trainer, who knows. Disney could do that just to help her get in better shape in order to help her look her best, and not necessarily because she's gonna have to go all action Leia on us lol.

I think if Fisher gets herself in shape it will not only help her physically, but mentally for when shooting starts. Now I'm not for 1second saying shedding the pounds and early morning runs will magically cure all her problems (offcourse it won't) but it will help her I feel. Don't forget some MJ on the IPod Carrie!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"