Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The RATINGS Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still have to do the adjustment right ? So it should be a bit higher
yeah, that'll come out a little later today.

If it follows the trend it should adjust up by *at least* .1 to a 2.1 (14 of the previous 17 episodes have adjusted up in final numbers - the only 3 that didn't at least stayed flat/didn't adjust lower). So far we've had 3 episodes that have adjusted up by .2 (and 2 of them were the last two episodes) - so there is also the possibility it could go up to a 2.2

yeah, that'll come out a little later today.

If it follows the trend it should adjust up by *at least* .1 to a 2.1 (14 of the previous 17 episodes have adjusted up in final numbers - the only 3 that didn't at least stayed flat/didn't adjust lower). So far we've had 3 episodes that have adjusted up by .2 (and 2 of them were the last two episodes) - so there is also the possibility it could go up to a 2.2

That's not so bad , especially seeing that both NCIS shows were down

There's a chance ABC moves the show to 9pm next season..and it might be a good thing as they'll avoid that 1-2 punch with NCIS and The Voice

T"Challa;28496565 said:
There's a chance ABC moves the show to 9pm next season..and it might be a good thing as they'll avoid that 1-2 punch with NCIS and The Voice

I think that's the best thing they could do. That 8:00 PM time slot on Tuesday is one of the worst.

vVUDMkQ.png

In regards to the Live 18-49 demo, AoS has been in the 1.9-2.2 range since Episode 7. That's only three tenths of a point fluctuation. Which I have to say is consistently solid.

Episode 8 & 9 had certain circumstances

Episode 8 which got a 2.4 was promoted as the Thor Dark World aftermath tie-in
Episode 9 which got a 2.6 went up against Rudolph instead of NCIS.

Now I know Episode 14 got a 1.8 but that was coming back from February break.

Sorry but being one tenth down in the demo from where it was episode 7 is not a downward trend.

It would be a downward trend if it continually went down without ever going back up.

Basically it got off to a shaky start and all those breaks didn't help either. I'll be really surprised if it doesn't get some upticks over the remaining 4 episodes, especially if the quality holds.

In regards to the Live 18-49 demo, AoS has been in the 1.9-2.2 range since Episode 7. That's only three tenths of a point fluctuation. Which I have to say is consistently solid.

Episode 8 & 9 had certain circumstances

Episode 8 which got a 2.4 was promoted as the Thor Dark World aftermath tie-in
Episode 9 which got a 2.6 went up against Rudolph instead of NCIS.

Now I know Episode 14 got a 1.8 but that was coming back from February break.
When you break it down as you did I'm 100% confident the show will be picked up next season. I had no idea it actually performed so well. All the talk of the disappointing ratings comes from people who don't understand ratings. Any show that consistently gets over 2.0 is guaranteed to return, especially now of days. Contrary to popular belief those are good ratings for the 18-49 demo.

Basically it got off to a shaky start and all those breaks didn't help either. I'll be really surprised if it doesn't get some upticks over the remaining 4 episodes, especially if the quality holds.
Cool chart but if ur measuring total viewers then it's not really measuring anything of significance. As others have already mentioned advertisers get paid from the 18-49 demo. If you did a chart detailing that, that would be awesome. Either way appreciate the effort.

Do they completely ignore people outside the 18-49 range or is it more of a discounted price? I'd imagine there's a niche market for those demos.

Do they completely ignore people outside the 18-49 range or is it more of a discounted price? I'd imagine there's a niche market for those demos.

Hoveround and Aspercreme have to advertise too.

You can ask for the most money by bringing in the most 18-49 year olds, that's basically it in a nutshell. Best way to think of it is everything having its time and place. For primetime, the coveted demo is 18-49, but Saturday mornings the advertisers pay more more attention to the younger demos.

CBS President has been arguing that the 18-49 demo is way too overrated and has been trying to push older demos and overall viewers, but the advertisers haven't budged- and until they do Primetime is all about 18-49.

Cool chart but if ur measuring total viewers then it's not really measuring anything of significance. As others have already mentioned advertisers get paid from the 18-49 demo. If you did a chart detailing that, that would be awesome. Either way appreciate the effort.

I didn't do anything but copy/paste it from somewhere else. :p

I might look into some analysis of the sort, but not until the season is over.

Next Year seeing that AOS has nothing to really wait for I think the Breaks will be less I think they might want to end the Season either Before or maybe after Age of Ultron. I do think there will be less breaks next year if this is to be picked up because we will have no olympics and AOS won't have a movie to fall back on until Age of Ulton unless of course there is something major in the episode that spoils AOU on the week it comes out.

I think the only major break for next year may be for the Holidays.

There will be an 10-15 week break with the Peggy Carter series in between.

Here you go:

Then there is Marvel’s stealth Agent Carter project. Last year, the company went into Fort Knox mode on its Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, which was kept under lock and key. They took that a notch further this year with carterAgent Carter. Because there is a prototype — the project is inspired by a one shot, which was featured on the Blu-ray release of Iron Man 3 — word has been that it would forgo a pilot and go straight to series. The script was finished more than three months ago (“the script is great,” ABC’s Paul Lee said back in January), the option on one-shot’s star Hayley Atwell came up and was extended, but the green light never came. Now there is talk that a pickup for Agent Carter may come along with a renewal for Marvel’s freshman Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., with the new series possibly serving as a bridge between the fall and spring portions of S.H.I.E.L.D.

from here: http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/pilots-2014-early-buzz-edition/#more-713295

So all rumor and speculation at this point?

Get back to me when it is actually confirmed.

Yeah, as far as I've seen ABC hasn't made official announcements yet.

PS You're welcome for looking up that info for you....

"End of the Beginning" Live+7 Day DVR

18-49
Live: 2.0
+7 Day: 1.4
Live+7: 3.4

Overall Viewers
Live: 5,711,000 Live
+7 Day: 3,164,000
Live+7 Day: 8,875,000

While it's not a super hit when it comes to live viewing. A 3.4 and close to 9m within 7 days of it airing in today's age of how shows are watched tells me it is a hit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"