The Resident Evil Thread

Before that is even cogitated, I want them to conclude the current timeline. It just irks me when something is left unfinished.

Still, I can't imagine a reboot.

They aren't gonna reboot when they are remaking Re2 just like they did with Re1 a decade ago. And word on the street is Re3 remake is already under development. Capcom loves this franchise and they are gonna keep it alive with remakes and also continuing stories set after the previous games.

These remakes might be their reboot. They are changing the mythos notably with how the story is handled in the remake, and you can guess which version will be the one they take to cannon.

I don't see them as replacements as Capcom still acknowledges the original Re1/2, but I see them as a grand updated version of the games.

I'm curious how will this affect Re8, I absolutely loathe first person perspective and if they are going to bring that back, at least give us the option to use the third person perspective.

How many reboots and remakes were he attached to?

I'm so looking forward to the remake. I even pre-ordered it which is something I never do.

You can use the crane in a fight, that never happened in the old game.
Stage 2 G in the old game is the one on the elevator as scenario 'A' character is heading toward Umbrella labs. I wonder where will we face him in this one.

4 hours ago
Check Out Nearly 20 Minutes Of New RESIDENT EVIL 2 REMAKE Gameplay Footage In 4K/60FPS
Resident Evil 2 will return reimagined for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 25, 2019, which means that the game's final marketing phase has begun – including 20 minutes of pure gameplay footage...Read more

| 1/7/2019
Filed Under: "Resident Evil"

12992.jpg

Considering that Capcom has hired a true army of developers that includes a massive 800-strong team to remake Resident Evil 2 (to show you the scope of the upcoming title, about 600 developers worked on Resident Evil 6, as the original was made by less than 50 people), it probably shouldn't be surprising that Resident Evil 2 looks absolutely gorgeous, and you can see it for yourself down below.

Yes, Resident Evil 2: Remake is almost here, which means that Capcom will be releasing new promotional materials for the game on a daily basis from now on. Thanks to YouTube channel Shirrako, we have a chance to take a closer look at nearly 20 minutes of pure gameplay from the upcoming horror video game that spotlights the fight with the disgusting Licker and one unstoppable Mister X.

Just like in the original, the player will control three equally important protagonists - Claire Redfield, the younger sister of former S.T.A.R.S. member Chris Redfield, Leon Kennedy, a federal agent for the D.S.O., and Ada Wong, a spy for Umbrella's rival company who is sent to recover a sample of the deadly G-virus. Be sure to check out the latest RE2: Remake gameplay footage (in stunning 4K and 60FPS!):

The genre-defining masterpiece Resident Evil 2 returns, completely re-built from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game.

Resident Evil 2 will return reimagined for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 25, 2019.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

I'm so looking forward to the remake. I even pre-ordered it which is something I never do.
Same. Can't remember the last time that I've been so excited for a game.

20 hours ago
RESIDENT EVIL 2 REMAKE Demo Is Reportedly Coming To Xbox One In Just A Few Days
Following the recent release of a Devil May Cry Vdemo, Capcom is reportedly working on a Resident Evil 2: Remake trail version that will no be available for download exclusively on Xbox One very soon...Read more

Also with below

17 hours ago
RESIDENT EVIL 2: REMAKE: "1-Shot Demo" Has Been Revealed Coming To PS4, Xbox One, And PC
Capcom has officially announced the long-rumored Resident Evil 2: Remake demo, but there's a twist, and the aforementioned trial version is not only coming to Xbox One, but also PlayStation 4 and Steam...Read more

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

Has anybody gotten the demo yet?

definitely planning on pre ordering this tomorrow. As well as playing that demo!

Went ahead and got it from Steam and played for a little earlier. It's much more stressful than the original so far in the police station, the fact that they all look so much more detailed adds to it. I burned through about 18 minutes already and was like, **** I already used up most of my time.

The One-Shot demo had me hooked. If I could, I would pre-order the game right now, but I have to wait another week.

I'm currently replaying RE4 on my own and RE5 with a friend because we are both hyped for RE2. It's been a long time since I've been hyped for a game like this. Once I complete these three games and RE6, I will finally get around to playing RE7 since I missed out on it.

This game looks so stressful, lmao. Even Mr. X chases Ada, and I think I might watch a full walkthrough before I play it on my own.

I've played the demo and couldn't help but scream with the first zombie Ive encountered. I don't know the controls for the running so I basically was just walking the entire time. I reached the library then got the 2nd cutscene with Marvin in the hallway, then the trailer was played. The 30 minute runtime felt quick.

It was a bit stressful, like those rooms/hallways are really dark, and there were only like two rooms that have the light switch. Its best to just ignore the zombies unless they are right in your face and direction. Anyway I wasnt prepared for the demo but it wasn't that hard yet, those zombies though are creepy as **** I was going up to the third floor and boom I got bit. for what i remember the rooms' arrangement are pretty much the same except I think theyve added some rooms.

I've played the demo and couldn't help but scream with the first zombie Ive encountered. I don't know the controls for the running so I basically was just walking the entire time. I reached the library then got the 2nd cutscene with Marvin in the hallway, then the trailer was played. The 30 minute runtime felt quick.

It was a bit stressful, like those rooms/hallways are really dark, and there were only like two rooms that have the light switch. Its best to just ignore the zombies unless they are right in your face and direction. Anyway I wasnt prepared for the demo but it wasn't that hard yet, those zombies though are creepy as **** I was going up to the third floor and boom I got bit. for what i remember the rooms' arrangement are pretty much the same except I think theyve added some rooms.
If you got back to Marvin before you saw the trailer, then you should still have time to play a bit more of it.

You're exactly right about ignoring the zombies. Just pop a few bullets into their legs to drop them then run past them. Another thing to realize is the game has adaptive difficulty, meaning if you do well the game will spawn more zombies and if you're having a bad time the game will spawn less zombies. I'm sure the system will account for other monsters in the game too, specifically lickers and Mr. X.

Speaking of Mr. X, from what I've heard he's like the xenomoprh from Alien: Isolation. You're going to want to try to remain quiet and skip pass a lot of items if he's right on your heels. I only hope he's not following you around the whole game, or if you can defeat him for a specific section.

Played it, loved it. Can't wait until it's out. Hopefully the full game will live up to the hype.

I have to wonder though if the 30 min demo is an obscure call back to the original RE2 demo which also had a time limit (but you could play that repeatedly).

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Resident Evil 2 ‘1-Shot Demo’ tops three million downloads
Published 5 hours ago. 21 comments.
Pre-launch special live stream set for January 22.

RE2-Demo-3-Mil_01-21-19.jpg

The Resident Evil 2 “1-Shot Demo” has been downloaded over three million times worldwide since its release on January 11, Capcom announced.

The company also announced it will host a pre-launch special live stream for Resident Evil 2 on January 22 at 19:00 JST featuring live gameplay with new information, developer talk, and more. You will be able to watch it on YouTube.

Resident Evil 2 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 25.
source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

I never played the original so the demo get like an entirely new game. Cant wait to download this Friday.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Resident Evil 2 ‘Leon ’98’ and ‘Claire ’98’ DLC costumes, post-launch ‘The Ghost Survivors’ mode announced
Published 18 hours ago. 23 comments.
Plus, 10 minutes of The Survivor gameplay.

Capcom made announced new costumes and a new mode for Resident Evil 2during the game’s Japanese pre-launch live stream today.

Here are the details:

“Leon ’98” and “Claire ’98” Costumes

Users who purchase a Resident Evil 2 original design Japanese PlayStation Store card, which will be released in limited supply, will receive the bonus “Leon ’98” and “Clare ’98” costumes. Everyone else will be able to download the costumes free of charge starting March 22.

The Ghost Survivors

“The Ghost Survivors” is a new game mode that will be released asa a free update. In it, players will be able to enjoy a “what if?” side story where three sub-characters (the mayor’s daughter, Robert Kendo, and a mysterious U.S.S. member) did not suffer at the hands of misfortune. New enemies specifically created for this mode will also appear.

Additionally, Capcom also debuted 10 minutes of footage from the game’s “The Survivor” mode, which returns from the original Resident Evil 2.

Watch the new footage below.

• 59:01 to 1:01:46 – Leon ’98 Gameplay
  • 1:06:42 to 1:16:58 – The Survivor Gameplay

Thanks, Games Talk (2).

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"