The Resident Evil Thread

My God. I seriously hope that licker/Morgue video is for the veteran mode. The lickers in re5 amateur mode were already hard to me. Also would they have no light use flashlight for most of the rooms? Yes its creepier but God it looks quite scary to me. Idk its weird that I'm such a fan yet i still get scared after a decade.

This. Avoid RE6 completely. I thought RE5 was a good game, but not the RE game I wanted as a fan. RE6 is just bad.
I'm recently playing this on ps4 for the first time and damn i kinda hate the controls and camera of re6. What i liked about re5 is the controls are similar to re4 from what i can remember but re6 kinda took me a hour to get used to it especially when i was playing Sherry and damn those running platform-Ish stages like for example i kept falling from the boat when the enemy was there and i died like 20 times. Stupid ai. Also i hated the sliding and there was no map. The only good thing i can say is the creepy factor wasn't there that much though for re thats not exactly right.

After re6, I'm getting the rer and re0 ps4 port next. I still haven't seen the ps4 port of re4 in any vg stores I've visited. I haven't played it for years. I hope ill get it before re2r.
I'd have to give that one a 8.5/10

It was fun for its time, but when I look back, I don't think it transitioned well from the PS1.

REmake deserves a 10/10
That's how CVX should've been, in my opinion.
The graphics were poor. Re3 looked better.

I'd have to give that one a 8.5/10

It was fun for its time, but when I look back, I don't think it transitioned well from the PS1.

REmake deserves a 10/10
That's how CVX should've been, in my opinion.
The graphics were poor. Re3 looked better.
I agree that 6 is much better to play solo, but overall I think 5 is still the better game. 6 has the potential, but there's just too many flaws that drag it down. But yeah, I agree, to get the full effect of 5 you have to do co-op.

The original Resident Evil came out in 1996. Resident Evil 4 came out in 2005. So, RE has actually been done in the newer style longer than the "classic" style. It's understandable to prefer one over the other, but this whole divide that a lot of fans (mostly "classic" fans) want to make between the two is silly, because there's no single 'RE feel.'
I always go back and forth which 1 is better. Re6 sounds better because of the characters and scale but i like the gameplay of re5 more.

Yeah, 4 is one of the most non-RE-esque games of the series.
Re4 has the best variety out of the newer era. The bosses of re5 just felt less special. Re6 really felt like an action game and idk i didntlike it the least despite the characters list.

Here's how i rank the game
Classic: 2 1 3 CV
Newer: 4 5 6

I don't know how to rank 7, i hate first view shooters and the game was quite exhausting. I will play rer and re0 for the first time soon.

Last edited:
Of the stuff I saw, I hope they don't abuse flashlight and complete darkness. It's good in small amounts, but holy **** I still remember how annoyed I was by the flashlight in Doom 3. And it's not because it's scary, but because it's a cheap mechanic.

I'd rank the classic series like this:
2 (crown jewel of the series)
1 (my first experience and it's unforgettable)
1remake (better game and graphics than 1, but that cheese of the original is just too dear for me)
... (the next two have crappy atmosphere)
CV

New series:
4 (I don't like this game - it's camera, controls, QTE abuse, annoying hissing sound design, battle system, over-the-top aesthetic with acrobatics, giant trolls and so on; but the president's kid is cute)
5 (basically the same as 4, only less inventive and lacks atmosphere, but with co-op)
6 (utter crap)

Attempt to re-invent the series (aka 7) - didn't play and I'm not interested in FPP RE games.

So 1 0 4 5 6 7 and soon 2 are in ps4. Did they release CV ps4 port in physical stores? Thats the only 1 i haven't seen in stores.

With 3 as the only one missing in ps4 surely a remake should be next and I doubt Capcom would wait a long time for the next remake.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Resident Evil 2 Claire ‘Military’ DLC costume gameplay
Published 54 mins ago. 1 comment.

Included with the game's Deluxe Edition.

RE2-Claire-Military_10-18-18.jpg

Capcom has released a 24-second gameplay video of the Resident Evil 2 remake showcasing Claire’s “Military” costume, which is included with the game’s Deluxe Edition.

Resident Evil 2 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 25, 2019.

Watch the video below.

source: Gematsu

Of the stuff I saw, I hope they don't abuse flashlight and complete darkness. It's good in small amounts, but holy **** I still remember how annoyed I was by the flashlight in Doom 3. And it's not because it's scary, but because it's a cheap mechanic.

I'd rank the classic series like this:
2 (crown jewel of the series)
1 (my first experience and it's unforgettable)
1remake (better game and graphics than 1, but that cheese of the original is just too dear for me)
... (the next two have crappy atmosphere)
CV

New series:
4 (I don't like this game - it's camera, controls, QTE abuse, annoying hissing sound design, battle system, over-the-top aesthetic with acrobatics, giant trolls and so on; but the president's kid is cute)
5 (basically the same as 4, only less inventive and lacks atmosphere, but with co-op)
6 (utter crap)

Attempt to re-invent the series (aka 7) - didn't play and I'm not interested in FPP RE games.
I hope the flashlight is just for veteran mode. Like I'd hate to go to those rooms that needed a flashlight on.

I love 3's setting though the streets could have been bigger and I wasn't a fan of the factory. Like an airport would have been nicer as the final setting. I don't mindqte as it offers different scenarios.

Resident Evil 2 Claire ‘Noir’ and Leon ‘Arklay Sheriff’ DLC costumes gameplay
Published 7 hours ago. 12 comments.

RE2-Costumes_10-21-18.jpg

Following Claire’s “Military” costume earlier this week, Capcom has released two more short gameplay videos of the Resident Evil 2 remake showcasing Claire’s “Noir” costume and Leon’s “a href=”” target=”_blank”>Arklay Sheriff” costume, which are included with the game’s Deluxe Edition.

Resident Evil 2 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 25, 2019.

Watch the videos below.

Claire: “Noir” Costume

Leon: “Arklay Sheriff” Costume

So after playing 5 and 6, I'm now playing 4. I haven't played it in a long time like more than 5 years and I'm still trying to figure the controls and I'm surprised it isnt as smooth as 5's controls. Like moving the camera can be difficult and i was also screaming when a ganado was right infront of my face. That happened trice and I was exhausted. I didn't think i would find it hard as I've already finished itbefore.

Resident Evil 2 Leon ‘Noir’ DLC costume gameplay
Published 8 hours ago. 9 comments.

RE2-Costume_10-21-18.jpg

Capcom has released another short gameplay video of the Resident Evil 2 remake showcasing Leon’s “Noir” costume, which is included with the game’s Deluxe Edition.

Previous videos showcased Claire’s “Military” costume and “Noir” costume, and Leon’s “Arklay Sheriff” costume.

Watch the video below.

Im more intrigued about the plant creatures. Capcom have only used plant creatures in 1 & 2.

Resident Evil 2 Claire ‘Elza Walker’ DLC costume gameplay
Published 16 hours ago. 18 comments.

RE2-Elza-Walker-DLC_10-22-18.jpg

Capcom has released another short gameplay video of the Resident Evil 2 remake showcasing Claire’s “Elza Walker” costume, which is included with the game’s Deluxe Edition.

Previous videos showcased Claire’s “Military” costume and “Noir” costume, and Leon’s “Arklay Sheriff” costume and “Noir” costume.

Watch the video below.

Playing 4, 5 and 6 back to back made me realize how hard 4 is compare to the next two. Though seeing the merchant and the typewriter always give some ease. I also love organizing my item box. But still the tension is real!

I think re8 will be fps again (sigh) and Capcom would save the thirdperson view to remasters.

Resident Evil 2 SteelBook Edition announced for Europe
Published 51 mins ago. 1 comment.
Includes SteelBook and Claire's "Elza Walker" outfit.

Capcom has announced a SteelBook Edition of its upcoming Resident Evil 2remake for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Europe.

In addition to the SteelBook, the SteelBook Edition will include the “Elza Walker” downloadble content costume for Claire Redfield.

Love the old costumes! I hope the rest like Ada/Sherry which could be playable in a certain area (well in the original) would get the throwback costumes as well.

Now we're talking. Not exactly the old costume in Claire's case, but at least something... Still massively better than her generic default.

Why did they even bother giving us Claire's classic outfit, when they didn't even intend to get it right?

Why is it that Capcom seems to flat out refuse to give us Claire's original design?

glbqPh9.png

The Darkside Chronicles didn't get it right either, but that design still was more faithful to the spirit of the original design, than whatever that remake outfit is supposed to be.

VDOdQGf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"