The Resident Evil Thread

The changes in RE2 weren't drastic though and imo, two different scenarios for Leon/Claire isn't needed. Like I couldn't even notice changes unless someone lists down the changes.

In Re3, I don't mind if they removed the path choices.
-But cutting the Clock Tower and reducing it to as background was so disappointing
-Jill not entering the Police Station was a big missed opportunity
-A lot of maps and locations were severely revamped or removed
-No grave digger
-Tons of memorable puzzles/items were removed
-They didn't even tryto recreate the cutscenes from Re3. Re2 recreated a lot of the cutscenes in Re2 and expanded it.

And I really disliked that the final location was a typical umbrella facility. Like the dirty factory location imo, was the one that they could have changed for the better. But they turned it to another Umbrella facility.

It would be like if Re2 remake removed the sewers, the crocodile, the underground lift and turned the police station into a military station.

They removed Brad Vickers zombie from RE2 and put it in RE3 instead.

Here's what Resident Evil 2 removed:

* Zapping system
* Crows
* Moths
* Spiders
* Actual B scenarios
* Brad Vickers Zombie (moved to RE3)
* No Licker B
* Claire's boss fight with Mr. X
* Fate of Ben Bertolucci
* G-Adult boss fight removed

So for all these things they took out, did they also add a load of new things?

So for all these things they took out, did they also add a load of new things?

Kinda. Things were rewritten. Ada and Annette Birkin have new MOs now. Ada's cover is an FBI agent now. Annette Birkin's character has been completely overhauled. Sections have been switched or moved around. Like in the first game, you start off in a gunshop with Kendo. Kendo and his gunshop are still there, but it's been completely changed. Kendo has a completely new backstory and new scenes now. Ada helps you with Mr. X at one point.

The script and dialogue are brand new, which is probably for the better. The original game came out in 1998 and is probably dated by today's standards. In the 1990s they were probably less experienced with how to deal with the re-versioning of the game for American audiences with the English script and voice acting.

It's basically a brand-new game with some of the same locations. and characters, pickups.

* Zapping system
* Crows
* Moths
* Spiders
* Actual B scenarios
* No Licker B
* Fate of Ben Bertolucci
Well they also removed the spiders, crows, slugs and b scenarios in re3 but I don't complain about it

It just didnt feel like an inspired remake compare to Re1/re2 remakes. I expected them to "upgrade things" or eXpand things and not totally copy everything, but the remake felt like a loose adaptation. Its like they only took 30% from the old game and decided to revamp 70% of it. Even the ending, they managed to disappoint me yet again by removing a certain character.

Kinda. Things were rewritten. Ada and Annette Birkin have new MOs now. Ada's cover is an FBI agent now. Annette Birkin's character has been completely overhauled. Sections have been switched or moved around. Like in the first game, you start off in a gunshop with Kendo. Kendo and his gunshop are still there, but it's been completely changed. Kendo has a completely new backstory and new scenes now. Ada helps you with Mr. X at one point.

The script and dialogue are brand new, which is probably for the better. The original game came out in 1998 and is probably dated by today's standards. In the 1990s they were probably less experienced with how to deal with the re-versioning of the game for American audiences with the English script and voice acting.

It's basically a brand-new game with some of the same locations. and characters, pickups.
Oh right. Should be interesting at least seeing what they changed and kept the same/improved. Thanks for the info.

Thought it was worth mentioning here, but the VA who voiced Leon in the original RE2 has passed away due to throat cancer.

Paul Haddad, Resident Evil 2's Leon Kennedy, Dies at 56
I just found out about his passing, happened 11 days ago. I knew about the throat cancer since he talked about it in an interview with Residence of Evil a few months ago.

The reporter gets killed by Mr. X in RE2 Remake instead of Birkin. Also, Claire can't have a boss fight with Mr. X either.
Also it's not Ben that cages himself to stay safe from William, Brian Irons locked him in to make sure the Tyrant ends him. I prefer the original case.

* Zapping system
* Crows
* Moths
* Spiders
* Actual B scenarios
* No Licker B
* Fate of Ben Bertolucci
There is a 'B' scenario, just an extended boss fight in the train, different starting point, and meeting Mr. X before dousing the flames.
If you get the weapon in the evidence locker room after you raise the statue in scenario 'B', Mr. X stops following you. It happened when I got the shotgun with Leon.

G-Adult is still there though, not a boss fight, but there are more of it.

Things were rewritten. Ada and Annette Birkin have new MOs now. Ada's cover is an FBI agent now. Annette Birkin's character has been completely overhauled.
Annette's changes came from Darkside Chronicles, changes I appreciate.

I have some catching up to do. I haven’t finished 6 yet. Looking forward to this and hope it’s received well.

Is it still first person as that kills my interest if so
Capcom should be able togive us an option to choose between 1st/3rd person since RE7. This new game is probably 15hours long (like for someone who's taking their sweet time) and I've seen plenty of games ofhaving this option like Rockstar's games. I just can't see why Capcom can't offer that, when RE Engine is one of the best looking engines right now. Adding animations to the character running/walking surely ain't that hard. Switching to 3rd person, is like similar to zooming out a picture.

I really love when you have both options. I prefer 3rd person but it’s nice to switch things up and have variety.

Looks like the setting was a deal breaker for me in case of VII. But VIII looks so freaking GOTHIC and awesome, that I will be playing it even if it's first person.

Lawd, that werewolf (it's werewolf, right?) is just EPIC.

Looks like the setting was a deal breaker for me in case of VII. But VIII looks so freaking GOTHIC and awesome, that I will be playing it even if it's first person.

Lawd, that werewolf (it's werewolf, right?) is just EPIC.

Yeah the gothic horror vibe is interesting but man does it not feel much like an RE game

Honestly I'm no real hurry for RE8. Hell I still haven't played RE7.

What I'd really like Capcom to do is revive Dino Crisis.

Yeah the gothic horror vibe is interesting but man does it not feel much like an RE game
If we're being honest, Resident Evil didn't feel like Resident Evil since Resident Evil 4. This talk started 15 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"