• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Resident Evil Thread

Good thing that they're taking their time with it. Don't need it to be rushed like the RE3 remake.
The numbered games including the remakes, weren't rushed though.

The remakes of Re3 and Re2 were at one point considered to be 1 remake iirc.

They made a bad decision not being faithful to re3 and omitted a lot of things from the original game, but it wasn't rushed at all.

Currently getting right into RER2. Man it’s even more tense than the original at times.

Also just bought RE3R and Revelations 1. It’s time I caught up more with the franchise.

The numbered games including the remakes, weren't rushed though.

The remakes of Re3 and Re2 were at one point considered to be 1 remake iirc.

They made a bad decision not being faithful to re3 and omitted a lot of things from the original game, but it wasn't rushed at all.
Gotcha, I stand corrected.

Gotcha, I stand corrected.
Your opinion. Making bad creative decisions doesn't automatically make something rushed.

A lot of games out take more than 5 years to make, and they still turned out pretty s***.

Unless you can provide an evidence that Resident Evil 3 remake was indeed rushed. Okay. Right now, you have no citation for your claim.

Your opinion. Making bad creative decisions doesn't automatically make something rushed.

A lot of games out take more than 5 years to make, and they still turned out pretty s***.

Unless you can provide an evidence that Resident Evil 3 remake was indeed rushed. Okay. Right now, you have no citation for your claim.

wtf? They stood corrected.

Perched for Resident Evil IX and the neXt remake!

I am not that interested with Separate Ways, simply because I think it should have been released with the base game.

I watched the walkthrough of Separate Ways, it's quite different from the original.

Luis and Wesker were so prominent. Apparently, Wesker was in the island the whole time. I thought that was weird.

I keep thinking how limited the time that both Leon / Ada actually spent with each other. It seems like only 3 to 4 days from Re2/4/6 in a span of 10 years? Yet it seemed like in Re4, they had so much history. But I guess seeing someone you haven't seen for a long time could have an effect in you after you see them again. I really wonder what these characters are doing when they aren't going to zombie/infected people related cases. I am not counting the animation films in the canon btw.

I'm eXcited to see Resident Evil 5 Remake and Resident Evil 9. One of those should be announced neXt year.

I'll be up for a RE5 Remake for sure. RE9 will be the big one though, really feels like RE's back nowadays.

Hmmm if the sequel will take 4 years (just like RE8), RE9 should be out by 2025...

Taking that into account, I wouldn't be surprised if RE5R remake is neXt, especially they hired a new actor for Wesker in RE4.

I still need them to remake Code Veronica. Thats a big piece of the RE story they keep ignoring. Though it was revisited in the Chronicle games.

I'm still not sold on an RE5 remake. The original game is easily the second worst mainline game. I could seem them halfassing it just to get it out of the way like they did with 3.

I'm still not sold on an RE5 remake. The original game is easily the second worst mainline game. I could seem them halfassing it just to get it out of the way like they did with 3.
RE3R was done by a different team, if I recall. RE4R was done by the same team who did RE2R. That's probably gonna be the main deciding factor

Resident Evil 1
Resident Evil Ø
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Resident Evil 5

Capcom has plenty of options for the rest of the decade, aside from the sequels. I don't care if Resident Evil 1 was already remade, I have that game in Ps4. But still its fiXed camera and graphiX are still not on par with these 3 remakes. It sticks out like a thumb sore in comparison.

A Resident Evil 7 in third person mode, should be released as well since they did that to Village.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"