The Resident Evil Thread

I believe that much is obvious. To be fair, I was under the impression the sales dip with 6 was far more substantial.

I think it is made out to be worse than it was, just because Capcom's expectations were sky high. Sort of a Square Enix problem.

Frankly, I would almost expect 5 or Revelations to be remade first, just because Capcom seems to be in love with their Jill model.

You literally kill Albert Wesker.
In the last 10 minutes in an embarrassing boss fight. I did say it added "little to nothing". That's the little bit it adds and after Capcom figures out some convoluted way to bring him back, it'll be nothing.

Ive played the original Re4 in PS2 and PS4, and they omitted a lot of noticeable things for the RE4R. No giant insect boss fight, no marble statue of Salazar chasing Leon.

So I can see a new Resident Evil 5 being much different to the original game. Not sure about the location of the game though. But an updated and well-received RE5 remake would definitely take place of the original RE5. Same goes with RE6. Hopefully they could make Sheva a lot more interesting and give eXcella her own boss fight. I liked Josh in the original so I hope he has more role. And keep Jill as a brunette. The blonde hair never made sense to me.

Just checked the ps4/5 metacritic ratings and I didn't know both Re2r/re4r are above 90%, and both are higher than Re7/8. CritiX seem to love these remakes (eXcept for Re3) more than the Ethan games.

I would like Code Veronica to be neXt but RE5 remake would be so much interesting, especially if they changed a lot of things for the better.

Just watched a RE4R video to see what things they didn't keep from the original and there were a lot. Some were moved for Ada's DLC (laser room and cable car). I think Capcom would do the same for RE5R (and RE6R). I don't mind if they change location and write out Sheva. I'd keep the rest (Jill, Josh, Irving, EXcella, Wesker) though I don't want this brainwashed Jill story arc to remain.

All I'm asking is that they improve the Ndesu fight in the remake. One of the worst boss battles in the series.
This is an area where I think they can look to RE6 for inspiration. Since there was a boss fight with a large BOW enemy that required you do move around the level, and on the creature itself. The Ndesu fight should be like that.

Just checked the ps4/5 metacritic ratings and I didn't know both Re2r/re4r are above 90%, and both are higher than Re7/8. CritiX seem to love these remakes (eXcept for Re3) more than the Ethan games.

I would like Code Veronica to be neXt but RE5 remake would be so much interesting, especially if they changed a lot of things for the better.

Just watched a RE4R video to see what things they didn't keep from the original and there were a lot. Some were moved for Ada's DLC (laser room and cable car). I think Capcom would do the same for RE5R (and RE6R). I don't mind if they change location and write out Sheva. I'd keep the rest (Jill, Josh, Irving, EXcella, Wesker) though I don't want this brainwashed Jill story arc to remain.

Writing Sheva out would be the worst decision in Capcom history, they'd do better by actually making her role more prominent.

I'd write her out so it would be Chris throughout the gameplay, making the game more scary. It isn't as frightening when you have someone else shooting bullets at the enemies.

So that would be my big change for Re5/6. So I think a rewritten role for Sheva, Helena, Piers would be okay as well. Jake Wesker needs to be removed from eXistence.

Ahh yes, having just the white man shooting black people. Great idea.

Sheva is rather important to help fight some of the racism found in the original game.

Straight up, you kinda of half to cut the tribal village section, because that is apparently racist as hell.

I already said I don't mind if they change locations... which they should do if they omit Sheva.
I don't mind if they change location and write out Sheva. I'd keep the rest (Jill, Josh, Irving, EXcella, Wesker) though I don't want this brainwashed Jill story arc to remain.
Oh.

So just cut all the black people out of the game. That's not going to be to be controversial at all :funny:

So just cut all the black people out of the game. That's not going to be to be controversial at all :funny:
Am I going to quote my post again?

Read back my posts. I mentioned Josh in two separate posts.

Laugh it off.

I wish these two posters above me, would read carefully (before commenting) what is being posted in this thread. The way they interacted as if I'm unaware of things, put me in negative light which I don't appreciate at all.

Good Lord.

You want to move the game away from Africa and cut probably the most prominent black character of the entire series out. That's an entirely new game, not a remake, and the optics of those changes are bad, that's all there is to it :shrug: Keeping Josh in doesn't change that.

I do like RE5, it's a fun game to play with a friend, not so much as a single-player experience. But of course, they've greatly improved the partner AI, which would work much better in a remake.

You want to move the game away from Africa and cut probably the most prominent black character of the entire series out. That's an entirely new game, not a remake, and the optics of those changes are bad, that's all there is to it :shrug: Keeping Josh in doesn't change that.

I do like RE5, it's a fun game to play with a friend, not so much as a single-player experience. But of course, they've greatly improved the partner AI, which would work much better in a remake.
Again read my previous posts. Writing out Sheva was just one of my suggestions. I also suggested they should make her interesting (in the original game, she wasn't). I also said a rewritten role would be okay.

Your sarcasm is too much for me so as the sarcastic response ("great idea") from @Sithborg, when I was merely making different suggestions for a RE5R.

@Link as for the location change. I said "I don't mind it". It doesn't mean "I want it" but I understand why keeping the same location would be an issue again for a lot of people, like it was an issue before. One of the forum members here literally just commented about it, and I understood where he was coming from.

Commercial success is irrelevant. It sold big at launch then critics and fans alike **** on it for good reason. You can see those diminished returns in RE6. I'm still confused as to what people think actually worked about that game. From a gameplay perspective, it was step backwards and laughably dated even for its time of release and not to mention the blatant racism. The story is also really weak even for this series. I think Capcom is smart enough to not go anywhere near that game with a 10 foot pole. I'd also argue that the majority of RE fans couldn't care less about a remake of six. It damn near killed the IP and forced them to so a soft reboot with 7. Also, they SHOULD be apologizing for the remake of 3, they released half a neutered game and charged a premium for it.

I also watched yesterday a YouTube video from MojoPlays about a RE5 remake and one of the things that were suggested was a new setting. If you think changing the location will not define it as a remake, then thats your opinion but I disagree. It could be still be a remake even if with drastic changes, probably not just a very faithful remake.

@Link as for the location change. I said "I don't mind it". It doesn't mean "I want it" but I understand why keeping the same location would be an issue again for a lot of people, like it was an issue before. One of the forum members here literally just commented about it, and I understood where he was coming from.

I also watched yesterday a YouTube video from MojoPlays about a RE5 remake and one of the things that were suggested was a new setting. If you think changing the location will not define it as a remake, then thats your opinion but I disagree. It could be still be a remake even if with drastic changes, probably not just a very faithful remake.
I'm ok with an RE5 replacement. I cannot stress enough how embarrassing I find the original release. It's not the worst game I've ever played but it is probably the most disappointing sequel to me. I didn't even bother with 6 until a couple of years ago when it was given to me in a humble bundle.

The remakes are probably going to be the go-to numbered games especially for the younger/newer generation who didn't eXperience the first few games back in the 90s and 00s. Some of the first few Resident Evil games (1-3) are unplayable in PS4/5. Even the ones that you can play with the current consoles look/will look dated compare to the remakes. For eXample,. I can't see too many new players playing Re4 2005 more than Re4 2023.

Also may I add, even though in 5 and 6, it was less stressful because I had someone beside me most of the time, it didn't feel like classic RE. So for the remakes, I really want to be just Chris 90% of the time. I never played co-op so I can't say I would miss that feature. Then in Re6, it would just be Chris/Leon for their own campaign. So that would mean either rewrite Sheva, Piers, Helena that they don't need to be on screen all the time, or write them out. I'm not sure if I'd keep Sherry in RE6, but I don't want Jake to be included, as the Wesker connection was just bad imo. Though the stealth segment of Sherry/Jake campaign was a highlight for me. I'd keep Ada playable for the Re6 dlc. For the DLC of RE5, not sure who I want as a playable, I don't want a brainwashed Jill and I want Josh to return.

I gave the girl a stun rod and made her hold all my ****. I have zero interest in multi-player RE.

From relyonhorror
  • RE4 Remake has now sold 5.5 million units.
  • RE3 Remake has now sold 8.8 million units.
  • RE2 Remake has now sold 13.3 million units
Can't wait for the neXt remake!

From relyonhorror
  • RE4 Remake has now sold 5.5 million units.
  • RE3 Remake has now sold 8.8 million units.
  • RE2 Remake has now sold 13.3 million units
Can't wait for the neXt remake!
Honestly the downward turn does make me kinda sad, especially when RE4R was genuinely phenomenal and would've been a GOTY contender if this year wasn't so good for gaming.

Release that in 2021 and Jesus Christ it's not even close.

Its still a GOTY contender. I don't see it missing out in a lot of nominations later this year.

The big problem with RE4 and nominations is, is it really THAT different than the original to justify nominations?

The big problem with RE4 and nominations is, is it really THAT different than the original to justify nominations?
I'm not a huge fan of remakes getting GOTY nominations, as a big part of why they're good is the original game which already was up for recognition in the year it came out.

RE4R from what I've seen is different enough from the original. Sure same story beats but plenty of things have changed as well from the story and especially technical aspect. Its one of the best reviewed games this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"