The "Rise Of Marvels" RPG, Year One: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

So, I kinda hate choosing sides, but ScarletVenom has one hell of a point. First come, first serve should apply here, and the app was not in the OOC thread.

So, I kinda hate choosing sides, but ScarletVenom has one hell of a point. First come, first serve should apply here, and the app was not in the OOC thread.

It's alright, I can let it go. I was never approved or denied, NufD's app is up now and its definately the surperior. Like I said, I have something cookin' for SS, and that app. will be up today.

It's alright, I can let it go. I was never approved or denied, NufD's app is up now and its definately the surperior. Like I said, I have something cookin' for SS, and that app. will be up today.

Thanks bud.

No hard feelings? :)

'RISE OF MARVELS' RPG Application
Screenname: Matt Murdock

Character You Would Like To Play: Tony Stark

Powers: None. He's simply a billionaire.

Basic History Of The Character (Up until this point):
Tony Stark is a brilliant scientist and inventor. He has been an apt scientist since he was a young child. Easily excelling through suburban, elite private high schools, Stark made a name for himself young by making devices that would help around the house, an automatic window washer, a mechanical arm that would put away the dishes once they were clean, things of that nature. Offered thousands of dollars for his creations, Stark quickly had a comfortable bank account before he was twenty. As a teenager, Stark was one of the "rich kids." Therefore, he was popular. Sex, alcohol, parties. These were all natural to the boy, and he has yet to stop engaging in all three. After breezing through MIT, Stark started his own, international company, Stark Industries. Stark Industries has specialized for years in the field of studying the science of nanotechnology, and its owner hopes to implement it in the medical world.

Now, Tony Stark isn't a great humanitarian. In fact, he doesn't really give a damn about who has what disease, or who wants to cure it. He's just interested in who's willing to pay him for his goods and cures. Stark is one of the only men in the world who knows that no matter how poor they are, people will always pay for hope. Nobody needs hope more than a terminal cancer patient.

As his company began, Tony Stark was contracted by the government to develop weapons. His tools were what helped the government bring a quick and easy resolution to the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. However, due to insurgencies and the nature of the political structure of the Middle East, the Government has required that Stark create and install an automatic defense system that can span the entire nation of Iraq.

When our story begins, Stark is preparing himself for his trip to Iraq to show the Government the end result of their investment.

Pre-Mutant, Post-Mutant, Or Other? (Beings unpowered or of cosmic origin):
Pre-Mutant.

Three Reasons Why You Have Chosen That Character:

1. I want to tell the story of Iron Man from the very beginning.

This Tony Stark is going to be, as the cops in Superbad put it "bona fide bad-ass."

3. The armor should come into play fairly early on, so it's not going to be me playing some guy running around in a suit.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you changing him or her?): Typically, Stark can be portrayed as a very sympathetic and likable character. I want him to be somewhat emotionally hollow, as I think that's an inherent part of his job as a supplier of bombs, bullets, and new ways to end human lives.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player):
A consistent amount of Iron Man posts. Lots of booze.

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better):
Tony Stark: Book Antiqua, Red, 2, Bold Iron Man: Book Antiqua, Dark Red, 2, Bold

Please Provide A Small Sample Post In The Format You Wish To Portray Your Character In:

"I know everyone despises me. I mean, it'd be hard not to. "
The reporter standing in front of Tony Stark raised an eyebrow.

He understood she needed more of an explanation.

"Look at it this way." Said the Billionaire. "You've got at least a dozen international groups pushing for peace, serenity, and love. They have huge, huge, global followings. Then there's me. I sell guns, missiles, and bombs... really big bombs. When you pit those organizations against my meager, two-billion dollar, company, I'm bound to look like the bad guy. People see them and they see hope, people see me and they see machine guns."

"Well, Mr. Stark," Asked the reporter, "Considering your incredible power and influence, why not put yourself behind one of those organizations instead of behind the scope of a rifle?"

"It's very simple, actually." He said, adjusting his corsage, "There's money in death. There's a reason there are so many of those "Pray for Love and Hope" organizations out there. They can't survive on their own. Their power lies with their message and, once you take that away, they're nothing but houses of cards."

Stark tapped his wrist and a holographic watch wrapped itself around his wrist.

"If you'll excuse me," He said, sliding his sleeve back over the digital readout. "the ceremonies are starting soon."

"Any predictions?" The reporter asked, stretching herself out, to reach the man walking away.

"I like There Will Be Blood."
Tony Stark said, as he followed the red carpet to the Oscars.

Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?: Yes.

Aw, Matt, ya sonova... Ah well, better you than anyone else.
icon14.gif

Screenname: Lord Doom
Character You Would Like To Play: Daniel Rand: The Immortal Iron Fist
Powers: Daniel has the amazing ability to harness and control his own spiritual energy (chi) as well as manipulate the chi around him. Using it, he can focus his chi in certain areas of his body, causing them to become extremely durable and stronger than normal. Essentially, Rand uses his chi to enhance himself in various different ways. Danny also is a skilled martial artist and is in peak human condition.
Basic History Of The Character (Up until this point): Rand lives in an ancient village of K'un L'un where he gaurds the shrine of the Golden Dragon. Over the years, he learned to master spirtiual energy and is said to even surpass his legendary father in combat.
Pre-Mutant, Post-Mutant, Or Other? (Beings unpowered or of cosmic origin): Post mutant
1. I've always wanted to play a badass martial artist.
2. I've been reading Immortal lately and I want to try my hand with the character.
3. Got some great plans for him.
What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you changing him or her?): I'm going to make him a teen, sort of like Peter. He's a young man who has almost lost it all and has been betrayed by his father, but he still carries a mask of a care-free and trustful young man who wants to do good in the world. I'm going to do a lot conserning the Asian myth and folklore when it comes to IF.
Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I can bring experienced and friendly role-playing. Also, I can bring a badass character with an interesting story.
What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Italicized Trebuchet MS, light green.
Please Provide A Small Sample Post In The Format You Wish To Portray Your Character In:

<Translated from Mandarin Chinese>

Liu Wong leaped at Daniel with a flying kick that was easily dodged.

<"Very good, Liu! But you need to work more on trajectory. You must study harder. Remember: 'One must master the mind before he can master himself.">

The young man, sweat dripping down his forehead, bowed. Liu was amazed to see that, even after hours of physical training, Daniel hadn't seem to have broken a sweat. Then he noticed Chang Vong sneaking up from behind. Daniel whirled around, grabbed Vong by the shoulder and bicep, and flung him to the ground.
Daniel chuckled.

<"Your spirit is admirable, Chang, but your body makes too much noise. Remeber the story of the Feather and the Serpent? 'See how I make no sound, Serpent,' replied the Feather. The Serpent said nothing, but merely focused on the feather's movements. Then, in one quick stroke, the Serpent snatched the feather, and they were one.">

His students had much to learn.

Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?: Yes

Well, I'll give this a shot. A few of my other characters are in solo stories, so I should hopefully have the time for this...

Screenname: Johnny Blaze

Character You Would Like To Play: Maxwell Dillon, Electro

Powers: After the accident, Dillon is able to generate and control electricity in all forms, and can disrupt and control electrical devices. Dillon can also transform himself into a being of living electrical energy.

Basic History Of The Character (Up until this point): Max Dillon had what those on the outside looking in would call a good life. Despite being a high school drop out, Max became quite the skilled electrician and eventually started his own small, yet successful, business. Dillon was married to a beautiful woman named Laura, had a healthy son called Jay...everything was looking up for Max. But then business industrialist, Norman Osborn, came into the picture. Offering him a lucrative deal that he couldn't refuse, Max signed his company on to work under the OsCorp banner working on the electrical systems of state-of-the-art and secret projects.

His new job took priority in his life, and Max grew more distant with his wife and son. Eventually, after many heated arguments and years of trying, Laura and Max divorced, with Laura getting custody of Jay. Max was heartbroken, and that led him into a downward spiral of alcohol and drugs. And in reaction his performance at work slipped, and it cost Max dearly. While working on an experimental energy generator, the device blew up in Max's face. Maxwell Dillon now resides in Bellevue Hospital Center, stuck in a coma, as his life is slowly slipping away...

Pre-Mutant, Post-Mutant, Or Other? (Beings unpowered or of cosmic origin): Post-Mutant

Three Reasons Why You Have Chosen That Character: He's a good villain. I like villains. I have some ideas for him I want to try, and this seems like the best place to do it.

What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you changing him or her?): I plan on making him more than just a petty hood with an inferiority complex. The origin rundown should make that known somewhat.

Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): Experience in role-playing, both table-top and on the computer. And since I need a second sentence, this is it.

What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Dark Green, Impact, when in Electro mode; Just Dark Green for Max

"Max, you sure you're all right", asked Bernie McManus, the lead designer of the Energy Generator device funded by OsCorp.

"I'm fine", stated Max as he placed his toolbox on the cold tile floor. Truth be told he wasn't fine. He had recently lost his wife and son, and the pain of that was more than he could take. So Max became friends with the bottle, and a man named Sal. For the right price, Sal could get any kind of drug you wanted. Any kind.
Though Max stayed mainly with pills and coke, anything to help kill the pain he felt inside, and to take his mind away from all the bull**** life was giving him now.

Max sighed as he took off the side panel of the device.

Where did it all go wrong, he thought to himself?

He had a good job, a loving family...everything was perfect for him. Then came Norman Osborn with the deal of a lifetime. Finally Max would have the money to give his wife and son the life they deserved. The life he never had. But it had all spiraled down since that day he signed the contract agreement. Now Max was alone, not counting his friends Jack and Jose, and all he had left to him was his work. Before meeting Laura, Max would spend hours upon hours messing around with wiring and electrical equipment. It was relaxing to him. It eased his mind.

But now it just seemed like a chore to him. And that change in attitude showed in his work as the quality began to slip. Max knew he was walking a dangerous line. Osborn wanted perfection, and the slightest slip-up could land Max into unemployment and deeper into depression.
As Max pulled out a pair of wire cutters and began to carefully strip the plastic coating from the wires, he thought of what he decided earlier this morning. This project would be his last with OsCorp. He would walk into Norman's office tomorrow and throw in his resignation. He would go and start a new company, smaller than the first one. And he would do everything he could to win Laura back, and to see his son, Jay, again.

Max smiled as the image of his boy entered his mind. It was a pleasant distraction, but a distraction none-the-less. And Max cut too deep into the wiring, slicing into the wire itself. A surge of energy rushed into Max's body. His every nerve felt like it was on fire. Max tried to scream, but nothing came out...

Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?: Yes

ZOMG! JB as Electro! Now I have to think of someone...

Screenname: Catman_prb
Character You Would Like To Play: Wolverine (Logan Howlett)
Powers: Healing factor, implanted adamantium skeleton, including 'claws', enhanced senses.
Basic History Of The Character (Up until this point): In January 2010, a man wakes up on the bank of the Mississippi River. In his pocket is a passport under the name Logan Howlett, a small pocket copy of The Catcher In The Rye and a dog-tag with Wolverine inscribed in it. Over the years, Logan has had flashes to his past, seeing murder and war. He has spent the years since then trying to track down his past, following leads he sees in his flashbacks.
Pre-Mutant, Post-Mutant, Or Other? (Beings unpowered or of cosmic origin): Pre-mutant...right?
1. You don't actually have any X-Men yet...
2. Who wouldn't want to play their own version of Wolverine? :huh:
3. I get to say Bub, without anyone looking at me oddly.
What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you changing him or her?): Making him a little bit Manchurian Candidate, a little bit Conspiracy Theory. He can remember flashes of his past, which come to him without warning. Also I plan to make him a more violent character in general.
Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I can bring the first X-Man so far and a frequent poster. Erm...cupcakes?
What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): System Orange
It was twilight as Logan drove the bike down the empty highway, dust flying up behind him in the dusk. His satchel was slung over his shoulder, shades covering his eyes, MP3 player headphones in his ears. The world was rushing past, becoming a blur as the bike sped up.

Suddenly a sound interrupted the music. A whoomf-whoomf sound. He turned his head and saw it. A gleaming black helicopter, its blade moving slow quickly, time seemed to slow. Without any warning, a man leant out the side and revealed a machine gun. He opened fire, spattering the road in front of Logan with bullets, chunks flying up into the air. He leant down on the bike, urging it forwards.

A bullet slapped into the side of the bike, and then another as the assassin found his mark. Another bullet hit him the side and he went flying into the desert sand, landing on his neck with a sickening crack. The helicopter landed, and three men hopped out, running towards him.

-SNIKT-

Two were dead before they could react, his claws sticking through their stomach. The third man looked on in horror, then raised his rifle, taking aim.

"Go on bub. Make my day," Logan growled.
Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?:
123347-wolverine_400.jpg

Look forward to it :up:

Also, nice Wolvie app, Cats :)

Alright! the perfect RPG for me to cut my teeth on! I had loooads of trouble deciding whether i was going to be a hero or villain because i simply love guys like Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Beast, War Machine & Hulk. But it seems the game needs a couple more more villains so that's where i went. I tried to do my best to stay true to the character as well as reimagine him to something kinda unique. Hope y'all like this:

Screenname: Sieben
Character You Would Like To Play: Sabretooth
Powers: Sabretooth has a natural super healing ability making him highly resistant to disease as well as able to recover from typically fatal injuries such as gunshot wounds, slashes or even burns. He also has heightened acute senses such as cat like hearing and sight, including being able to see as clearly in pitch darkness as in daylight. Finally, Sabretooth has superhuman strength as well as retractable claws in place of finger-nails strengthened (as with the rest of his skeleton) by Adamantium.
Basic History Of The Character (Up until this point): Victor Creed is the son of an abusive father and mutant bigot. As a child he was abused, neglected and tortured by his father who despised him for his mutant genes. One day, the young teenage Creed managed to break his bonds within the basement and killed his father, biting through the mans jugular. He fled to the borders of Canada. He saught work as a hired killer and mercenary until he attracted the attentions of the Central Intelligence Agency and their Weapon X program along with various other mutants. He willingly enrolled and allowed himself to under-go severe testing and experimentation. His primal tendencies grew exponentially due to the work carried out and the CIA found themselves having to cage the uncontrollable beast in a detention facility deep in the heart of Canada. Once more though, Sabretooth managed to escape his prison just as he did many years before and disappeared into the cold white North.... This is where his story begins.
Pre-Mutant, Post-Mutant, Or Other? (Beings unpowered or of cosmic origin): Pre-Mutant (With Post-Mutant enhancements thanks to Weapon X)
1. He's one of the baddest guys ever!
2. He's the perfect foil to all those Hero's keeping their impulses in check.
3. The game needs more villains.
What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you changing him or her?): I've changed his backstory as to leave any history with any specific mutant ambiguous but able to have history with any mutant that chooses to originate from Weapon X. I plan to make him a mercenery and hired killer and much more animalistic and callous than before. He has plans to not only destroy the Weapon X program scientists, but the entire government who incarcerated him after the experiments that increased his power and gave him his skeleton.
Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): Well, I bring enthusiasm to make an impact. I also offer a wealth of various roleplaying experience.
What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character&#8217;s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Franklin Gothic Medium, 2, bold, dark orange/brown.
[Extract from my first RP]

...He crept further back into the tent, but he could still see the monster striding towards him. The tent ripped away like paper in the breeze and Zach found himself staring up into the beasts gleaming eyes, noticing the blood that stained its teeth and claws. &#8220;A-are you a Sasquatch?&#8221;, the boy trembled through thick streams of tears. The beast just grinned and shook his head. It crouched low and moved it&#8217;s face close to the boys ear. Zach couldn&#8217;t move or breathe. He could smell the rancid breath of the monster upon his face and neck.&#8220;I&#8217;m worse. They called me Sabretooth&#8221;, it whispered in a coarse snarl.

From behind his father appeared, bleeding and limping he fearlessly threw himself at the monster but Sabretooth grasped him and pounded him into the ground, holding him there he raised his free arm high in the air and disembowelled the man in one cruel swipe. He turned to the boy and grinned again. &#8220;Run!&#8221; he barked, cutting into an amused laugh as the boy struggled to his feet and sprinted off to the tree-line...
Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?:
sabretooth.jpg

:O Between me starting this app and posting it, we get a Wolvie app!

Though reading the Wolverine app and my own, it doesn't seem to be a problem with having both without prior discussion... :s

I figured I'd have some competition from you for Dillon. Why I wanted to get it up before I went to work. :D :oldrazz:

I'm more than happy to let you have him seeing as I set the bar for awesomness with him in Marvel already. :p

I'll think of a villain though, someone non-Spidey, but non end of the world type of guy... and probably not Bullseye...

That's hard to think of in Marvel. :confused:

That's a good suggestion... I don't know much about him though.

I was thinking about someone no one knew and bringing him up to be pretty popular, War Machine had a load of great villains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"