Transformers THE storyline revealed (ish!)

BAMFaly

READ MY F*****G SCRIPTURE
Reaction score
The latest issue of Total Film has a small interview with Michael Bay and he's given a general gist of the plot.
"The writers are the guys I worked with on The Island (Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci) and they delivered a real good hook. It's going to be about a 17 year-old boy who saves all his money to buy his firt car and it turns out to be a Transformer. That's how we're approaching the human angle. It's a family movie, a Back to the Future kinda thing.":down

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

And I've also heard that they're hiring the people that made the latest Citroen car ads (the one where the car transforms into a person and dances) to do the CGi. If yo havent seen them, then trust me when I say that's good news...:up:

This......isn't happening. Where's the epic space battles? Where is the titanic clash between good and evil? YOU DON'T NEED A HUMAN ANGLE!!!!!!! THE TRANSFORMERS ARE THE CHARACTERS DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the cartoon the transformers always had that human side to them isn't that enough! Now I am wonder is the car just going to be there or are they going to explan how it got to the car lot.Any one else have the feeling that lindsey lohan is going to be in this movie.

Why don't they get simon furmon to write the movie he is the best trasformer writer ever?

All he said is that that's how they are handling the human aspect...that's only a tidbit of the story...

BESIDES, THE COMIC/CARTOON WAS LARGELY ABOUT BUSTER/SPIKE and BUMBLEBEE:mad:

Did anybody here watch the first season for Transformers? Spike was a HUGE part of it. The human angle was there.

This has been the idea behind the movie for a long time now...
That's why I think we should just all except that this will probably be a 70% human story with 30% TF story. The humans are more than likely gonna be the true characters in this film, with one or two Autobots being the only realyl fleshed out TF characters.

I think it'll be ok, but we'll see.

skruloos said:
Did anybody here watch the first season for Transformers? Spike was a HUGE part of it. The human angle was there.

I seen only a few episodes of the 1st season but spike never overshadowed the transformers yet he played a big role.Now from what I know from this movie they just seem to want the transformers to seem like background then the main part of the movie.

deathshead2 said:
I seen only a few episodes of the 1st season but spike never overshadowed the transformers yet he played a big role.Now from what I know from this movie they just seem to want the transformers to seem like background then the main part of the movie.
He never overshadowed them but he was always present. Remember when he tried to get on the Ark to go back to Cybertron with them? And then Spike got married and had his son. Spike is a big part of the Transformers cartoon, particularly his relationship with Bumblebee.

And where does it say that the human will be the main character? All descriptions I've read just say that we'll get introduced to the TF through the human character.

I know I said the same thing you just said.But the thing this movie sounds like doing is making spike overshadow the transformers now I would like to see him play a big part but not overshadow.I don't think we even know if spike is even going to be in this movie they might make it some other random kid. Now one more thing if spike is in the movie they better not make him annoying like the kids from the other transformers shows.

Did anyone know there are THREE different ads using the Transforming Citreon?

One) The two door Two) The five door ) Three) The one where he/it stretches against the pay and display machine? Which leads into the dancing after!!!!!!

You probably all have. If not you can download the full length advert at the official Citreon website.

Does anyone know if they plan to make THAT Transformer as a toy or model?

hmm. looks okay as an alternator, but i like the chunky models of the g1 transformers.

and everyone, yeah it may sound a bit one sided to the humans, but it's a few lines to capture a glimpse of the whole script... which isn't even finished...

What if the 17yo kid in question, hopefully Spike, is merely a tool to tell an epic story through the eyes of someone the audience can relate to, like C3PO and R2D2 were used in ANH and the two peasants in Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress. It could work. Hopefully it does, we'll find out soon enough. I don't know about the BTTF remark though... is Bumblebee going to be a Dolorian?? Don't stray too far please. Like others have said, the Transformers are the main characters, and the studio should have enough faith in them to know the audience will love them if they are given the proper respect and are developed into well-rounded characters.

It can't that bad because they have to know that isn't as good it could be.

That outline sucks like a piece of **** that died in a lump of poo and stink to high Heavens.

Stringer said:
well thats the end of this movie:(
Do you remember the Transformers slogan?

"More than meets the eyes."

icon10.gif

I never was a Transformers fan before. After the movie was announced, I tried to get some more info and fell in love with the characters's designs...All those robots looks cool as heck! One of my friends is a huge fan and the original 1986 motion picture is now on my must see list because of him.

Even Michael Bay as the director couldn't take my anticipation away....until I learnt this was gonna be a family film....Kickass concept.....ruined.

The PS2 game kicks ass though. Transformers just got themselves a new fan! Not sure about the film yet....Cats and Dogs is a family film and I liked it...could be the same with this...too bad they won't go the serious way.

In a different article from Ain't It Cool News the reporter mentions the slogan (tagline) for the movie...ahem, "Their War, Our World." My presumption is that the Transformers will certainly be overshadowed by its human counterpart.

Sure, Spike and Sparkplug were a huge part in the Transformers legacy (G1); but they were just there as catalyst, devices to move certain plot points. Make no mistake, the show was always about Optimus's ability to lead the heroic Autobots against the evil Deceptions, not whether Spike can muster enough money to buy a new car.

BAMFaly said:
The latest issue of Total Film has a small interview with Michael Bay and he's given a general gist of the plot.
"The writers are the guys I worked with on The Island (Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci) and they delivered a real good hook. It's going to be about a 17 year-old boy who saves all his money to buy his firt car and it turns out to be a Transformer. That's how we're approaching the human angle. It's a family movie, a Back to the Future kinda thing.":down

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

And I've also heard that they're hiring the people that made the latest Citroen car ads (the one where the car transforms into a person and dances) to do the CGi. If yo havent seen them, then trust me when I say that's good news...:up:

I like the idea personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"