The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

Reposting this again..

EEXoL5OXYAITCs3.jpg

Last edited:
So, Michael Rooker is in this.. many fans were skeptical that he is in the movie.

images

That's quite the cast. Had no idea that Alice Braga was signed on.

This cast itself is sufficient to market the movie. :o

If they do go the route where supergirl is this caged alien since time began - marketing best keep it a secret.

So, it's a retcon movie, kinda ignoring the first film or maybe at times contradicting it? when it comes to the DCEU i'm not so much as confused, but just worried how deep the hole they are digging.

If they do go the route where supergirl is this caged alien since time began - marketing best keep it a secret.

So, it's a retcon movie, kinda ignoring the first film or maybe at times contradicting it?
when it comes to the DCEU i'm not so much as confused, but just worried how deep the hole they are digging.
There's no indication of it being a retcon. There's nothing really to ignore either since the first was kinda self contained.

So, it's a retcon movie, kinda ignoring the first film or maybe at times contradicting it? when it comes to the DCEU i'm not so much as confused, but just worried how deep the hole they are digging.
Suicide Squad (the first movie) is sort of referenced in Birds of Prey, and Birds of Prey leads into James Gunn's "The Sucide Squad". So, no reboot or retcon but Gunn's movie won't be making any explicit references to David Ayer's SS movie.

Last edited:
If they do go the route where supergirl is this caged alien since time began - marketing best keep it a secret..

65519842_2291614237771339_7265757511347601408_n.jpg

It looks like Mayling Ng plays the alien woman in this, since she's not a well known for her acting skills (though she has acted in many movies but mostly as a stunt woman or as an extra who's in fight scenes, she also was one of the Amazons in WW.), I doubt she's playing "Supergirl".

Edit: She could be playing Rampage.
5c058cd4e73e2f6ce02a058b9702f2fd.jpg

As great as this would be, I don't see them risking anything to do with another Kryptonian just yet... Could be the Martian Manhunter though?

Considering Margot, Jai, Joel and Viola are back for this, I'd say it's a continuation, a sequel, though the other film likely wont be mentioned, and I can't imagine they'll go out of their way to say where Killer Croc or Deadshot are. I doubt they've recast Deadshot, so they'll probably just leave him out.

I'm hopeful for Deathstroke, but not holding my hopes up; especially as they've just introduced him in Titans.

I would like WB to get back David Ayer for a Checkmate movie.

104685c912508617fb9ab44a04d4d08c-800.jpg

Reactions: MbJ
Gunn just said on twitter that hey will not release character details for a “long long time” so we better soak this news up, it’ll be the only thing we get for a while. Probably until theyre done filming. Lol

Gunn is bringing his trusted team in this. Looking at Fred Raskin's IMDB page, has worked as an editor on movies like The Hateful Eight, Django Unchained, Fast Five and Fast & Furious.

still can't get excited for this, knowing the dceu is doing all it can to stay afloat, i just want to focus on reeves batman and spawn a new universe out of that.

I always said, the original SS movie should have been based arounf the 24 hours of the doomsday attack in BvS.

Amanda waller assembles a team, they go through training and then told to go back to jail and wait - this could be weeks to months - then boom, they are called in to go retrieve a subject from strykers island. They are told there is a top secret prison there and the objective is to get in, get them out and not get crushed by doomsday - they have one hour to do it when a chopper will be waiting for a one minute window.

So we see them head their, as in the back ground, foreground, we see the events of BvS play out, similar to the start of that movie with zod.

We have a scene where deadshot see's batman, does he go for him, or stick to the plan etc. The nuke goes off in the sky, all these cool nods to bvs. We see a blast from WW in the horizon, we see the bat wing fly by.. at times they just stop and think 'what is going on'.
They finally get there, the prison is on lock down, but it's a mess inside - it's gruesome, there are some cool villains from superman's rogue gallery, a nod to what he has been doing for the past 18 months - then they find who they are looking for - it's Amanda Waller and a sedated .

They get out, obviously annoyed, they go off, as they look back and see the city quiet... is doomsday dead??

Credits roll

Post credit scene.. Waller is talking to Rick, she introduces him to Bronze Tiger and throws him a file about 'onslaught'.

Great cast line up. Delighted to see Letoker is noticeably absent.

Considering Gunn's views on Leto it is unlikely he would show up.

Even though the producer called it a total reboot, I doubt that it is. Harley's story and character design is based off of the first movie in Birds of Prey, cast members from the first one are back, and Jai Courtney recently posted this on his instagram showing that they are staying with Captain Boomerang's aesthetic from the first movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"