The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

Discussion in 'The Suicide Squad' started by Fallen Angel, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Micromind #ReleaseTheSchumacherCut

Good or bad, the movie's dialogue is written in typical Gunn style. Don't think WB wil interfere much with this movie.

2. Marvolo Registered

I'm pretty sure a kryptonite bullet lodged in his spleen would in fact be critical. The spleen is a filter for the blood. The lodged bullet would be preventing the wound path from healing thus allowing him to free bleed and his spleen to become necrotic and his damaged spleen would not be filtering contaminates from his blood which would compound the contamination of his blood being exposed to kryptonite.

And this is assuming the kryptonite bullet didn't shatter and perforate and damage other organs. If it did shatter the immediate damage would just be the start of Superman's problems. The shards could shift and migrate to other parts of the body and do even more damage. On top of that there would be little hope of ever finding every shard and removing them.

#1627 Marvolo, Jun 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    dhandler01 likes this.
  3. P Supreme Registered

First movie had the cash cow in joker to bring in people while this has the awful HQ movie preceding it i like Robbie but she's hasn't proven to be box office

Me and my friends have this debate going did the success of the HQ animated show (which i loved) hurt Movie Harly? What say u guys.
    I don't think it did

4. P Supreme Registered

That HQ show is reason im looking forward to king shark i had no exposure to that character prior to that show

Closerframe likes this.
  5. Closerframe Registered

I think Robbie has been a great Quinn, but I think the show has done a better job at making her a more complex and comic book accurate character. I wouldn’t mind if WB decided to give Harley Quinn a smaller sequel exclusively on HBO Max featuring Catwoman and Poison Ivy.

6. DarkKnight88 Registered

The show is great, but it's a niche show. Not many out of us comic nerds know it.

I think movie Harley Quinn is what brought her to the grander public awareness at this point. I mean, she became a huge draw for the first Suicide Squad. Think of how many Halloween costumes and memes were made of her from that appearance, more than any of her animated or comic book appearances.

P Supreme likes this.
  7. samsnee Ok

Because they did the same thing with Deadshot’s daughter in the first one.

Gunn’s humor was better in the first GOTG when it was restrained. Too many juvenile humor in the second one (“Do you have a penis?”). This looks the same.

CadeSkywalker28 likes this.
  8. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

I don't think so. I LOVE the show, but Margot Robbies Harley is very popular among fans. Go to any convention and you can see how many people cospaly as her version and I'm already seeing a bunch online from this movie too. I don't really get what exactly people are looking for in a live action Harley? I feel like she was the best part of the otherwise bland and forgettable suicide squad film from 2016, and I really enjoyed Birds of Prey overall, and now shes finally gonna have her red and black colors in James Gunns Suicide Squad. Personally, I'm happy.

9. dhandler01 Half breed!

Are you saying the character of the Joker is a cash cow and that is why people saw the film...because I highly doubt that was the case at all.

If you are talking about the FILM Joker then you are even more wrong. Joker came out in 2019 and Suicide Squad came out in 2016.

10. P Supreme Registered

Yes I'm talking about suicide squad made $$ of the strength of a new joker being presented imo not referring to The recent joker at all

11. P Supreme Registered

I realize Harly is very popular i should have included her in that draw with Joker for first SQ movie I would amend my comment but trying to do thst with a phone with these pop up ads is a nightmare

12. dhandler01 Half breed!

Yeah I don't buy that. While Leto as Joker was a big deal the movie made money despite his terrible performance not because of it. The trailers hooked in people for the opening week and he helped there but after that he was an albatross and had nothing to do with the later legs.

(from what I remember)

13. BaelaTargaryen Registered

14. Mani-Man Registered

From what i gather, people just love Harley, be it the Movie version or this Animated one or any other.
    People seem to like Harley in general, especially the more casual audience.
    But i personally do think Margot Robbie helps the character a lot with her oozing Charisma as Harley.

I know you cant always take trailer etc reactions too serious, but looking at the new SS Trailer, 3 things seem to stand out on what people like about the trailer the most.

The Humor, especially Peacemakers "B hole" line,which doesnt neccessary tells you if the writing works or if its Cenas acting on this.

Harley, people from what i saw had big smiles on their faces whenever Harley showed up.

And of course everbodys new favorite "i will protect him till the end of time" King Shark.

Gothamsknight likes this.
  15. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

I hate Margot's Harley, she's obnoxious.

After Cruella, I think that Emma Stone would be better as Harley and her acting alone would give the character more subtlety and nuance.

16. geetard Rebirth

Oh nice. Time to book tickets for me and my siblings.

17. Loden Greatstorm I like turtles

I may be in the minority but I am getting really tired of Harley. I know she's attractive and she sells a lot of merchandise and is loved, but... I need a break from her.

#1642 Loden Greatstorm, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    CadeSkywalker28 likes this.
  18. DarkKnight88 Registered

We are talking Harley Quinn here, right?

19. Kane52630 TRAPPED IN A BEE CAGE

These takes are just wild to me.

20. Doctor Jones shocked and baffled

I don't see what's wrong with juvenile humor, like a good penis reference joke as long as it's done well and in the proper context. If you think it's badly executed or it's not your cup of tea, fair enough, but geez. All I'm seeing is people talking about it like it's an inherently bad thing.

21. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

Yes, we are talking about Harley Quinn. Is the Joker just a laughing maniac without any depth?

Both Joker and Harley have more to offer because they have a tragic backstory. The performances of Ledger and Phoenix proved that the Joker can be funny, tragic and interesting.

Why is Harley Quinn have to be an action figure? Why does she have to be the female version of Deadpool now? Margot Robbie plays a very superficial version of Harley Quinn.

Emma would be more subtle and nuanced. Harley doesn't have to be exaggerated all the time

#1646 CadeSkywalker28, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  22. Ravagex Registered

Bloodsport smells like a possible Luthor assassin from miles away to me, considering he casually got his hands on an extremely rare and advanced material like Krypotonite, formed a bullet out of it and shot Superman just cause.

Correct me if Im wrong but Luthor spends fortunes on space programs to gather the stuff and Bruce traded company secrets numerous times with Luthor to achieve it. Dont even remember much people getting their hands on material that easily other than Metallo whom was an advanced government project.

23. TheWiseGuy487 Feelin’ blue (???) (Undecided/still figuring out)

I mean, it’s hard to swallow “Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn is terrible” takes from someone who thinks Rob Zombie’s Halloween is legitimately a better film than Halloween 2018.

24. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

Ledgers Joker wasn't a tragic character with a backstory though. Phoenixs, maybe, but Ledgers was meant to be an almost inhumane force of nature that couldn't be stopped. Nothing about him had any sort of origin, not even his clothing.

That being beside the point though, I feel like people don't realize that even with all the messed up crap that happened/happens to Harley, shes still a really fun character at her core and I think that is what attracts people to her. And when people point to the Harley cartoon as an example as what she should be in movies, well she's just as loud and fun there too. I'm starting to think some people just don't like Harley as a character and don't want to admit it.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  25. CadeSkywalker28 Registered

Both Ledger and Phoenix were, in my opinion, tragic characters, Their stories heavily based on their psychology and point of view. In the case of Phoenix, the whole movie was based on it, in the case of Ledger, not, because it was a Batman movie, and it was only suggested what happened to him that made him the Joker.

I like Harley. I grew up watching Batman TAS. Just because I like her doesn't mean I like her new incarnation that we see in all the media.

Batman TAS hasn't explored Harley's tragic element, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there. We see it, for example, in the comic book White Knight and I don't want Harley not to have an element of humor and madness, But I expect a little more nuance in the acting. That's why I mentioned Emma. She can convey so many different emotions in subtle expressions, which is something I don't see in Margott's Harley.

You can either act in a way that create a believable character or you can create a character that is not believable at all. For me, Margot Robbie never made me believe that it was Harley Queen, that it was a crazy and funny character. I only saw Margott Robbie trying to be as eccentric as possible.

One of the best examples of a funny character that an actor made me completely fall into was Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow, honestly funny, unique, I didn't see the actor even for a moment, only the character.