The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

I mean, it’s hard to swallow “Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn is terrible” takes from someone who thinks Rob Zombie’s Halloween is legitimately a better film than Halloween 2018.

Why are you lying?

Please find a post where I say Rob Zombie's Halloween is better than Halloween 2018.

You won't find it because I didn't write anything like that. All I wrote was that people praising H18 undermine all the cool stuff about Rob Zombie's Halloween, and that's it. I think H18 is better than RZH.

Sadly, you have to bring it up to have an argument in this discussion.

Emma Stone sucks. Yeah I said it.

I am all confused now though...so now juvenile humor is bad in these films? The MCU has been making childish juvenile jokes since the original Iron Man. All I have been told since the advent of the MCU is that DC sucks because it takes itself too seriously. Now, according to some, it sucks because it chooses to be juvenile?

The internet is a fun place. :)

They are when they are the same director...

This is Katana Weasel. He's got my back.

bb34b3b19efd757e772fe9f821e8be85a4d0529a.gifv

I have seen far too many people say DC sucks since Man of Steel, and very few say that MCU movies suck as they have juvenile humor in it.

So, GA is fine with the use (or should I say overuse ?) of such humor. So it's not a big deal, even though I don't find it funny.

I suppose, it is to be expected in a James Gunn movie, every filmmaker has his own style.

Last edited:
I saw the trailer finally (in the theater) and it didn't seem that juvenile to me at all outside the starfish line which is a pretty weak argument.

I get not liking the trailer but as far as juvenile humor goes this barely qualifies.

I am quite shocked by the lack of merchandise we are seeing for this film considering we are just over a month from release.

I have seen far too many people say DC sucks since Man of Steel, and very few say that MCU movies suck as they have juvenile humor in it.

So, GA is fine with the use (or should I say overuse ?) of such humor. So it's not a big deal, even though I don't find it funny.

I suppose, it is to be expected in a James Gunn movie, every filmmaker has his own style.

Man of Steel just had juvenile writing and direction. :hehe:
I hate Margot's Harley, she's obnoxious.

After Cruella, I think that Emma Stone would be better as Harley and her acting alone would give the character more subtlety and nuance.

Margot is fine. She's proven her range and capabilities in other films. It's just the material she's given as Harley that's been atrocious.

She's one of the DCEU's better castings.

Letoker on the other hand... 'method acting'

Man of Steel just had juvenile writing and direction. :hehe:

Margot is fine. She's proven her range and capabilities in other films. It's just the material she's given as Harley that's been atrocious.

She's one of the DCEU's better castings.

Letoker on the other hand... 'method acting'

I don't know... With Birds of Prey she had complete freedom, and she delivered the same performance as in Suicide Squad.

I don't know... With Birds of Prey she had complete freedom, and she delivered the same performance as in Suicide Squad.

A sentence where only the first three words are true.
You have to be really bad at understanding what is in front of your screen to think she delivered the same performance.

Honestly, this seems aimed for demographics befitting of a hot topic mall going younger generation. Spencer's gifts is always there too.

That's being generous. This movie seems Troma level. It is like the Toxic Avenger will walk in any moment and make sushi out of King Shark then chase Harley around some dungeon beneath a girls locker room.

Yeah, I have seen the clips on Youtube and I know Gunn's weirdness comes out in his films from his days at Troma so I am leery of this project quite a bit.

I think certain scenes in the Gaurdians films are good but others like the one's with Baby Groot off the wall stupid.

I haven't bothered with Slither but Gunn likes to get weird. Super, The Belko Experiment, and Movie 43 are some other notable films around 2010 too before going tentpole twitter crackdown a couple times with Disney which admittedly can be a crap company to work for.

He is a bit less inhibited here. I just think there's going to be scenes where there's no going back.

I see the sushi moreso from giant octopus in Avengers like dining scene end of film after King Shark eats his way out after getting swallowed by the thing or something else off the wall dumb going beyond even Eric Larson's Savage Dragon.

By Jim Lee

E5TaK5uUcAADw6A

Black & White version
E5TaK5vVEAQzSUs

E5TaK5uVkAAKsIu

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members