BvS The Superman Suit Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing all the minor changes I really like them all. From the S symbol, to the belt, to the design on the belt, to the cuffs, to the side stripes. Love it all. Great additions are having his hair cut short and then his bigger forearms.

i kinda wish they stuck with the original suit, personally... a lot of the changes are not as aesthetically appealing, and- especially with the belt buckle whatever you want to call it- it doesnt really match up with the design of Krypton

Awesome. They gave him a haircut. That makes me happy.

Everything else also looks great.

Those boots.
10463952_309613289199305_1320798883435393741_n.jpg

I have to say, i think my favorite alternation to the suit, is the subtle Kryptonian symboling in the "S" shield.

Suit looks great. So does Cavill.

Those boots.
10463952_309613289199305_1320798883435393741_n.jpg

Graphic designer here. I could be dead wrong on this, but I don't think the boots will ultimately have that double line we're all seeing. Someone else pointed out that the boots have the double line like the comics, but I forget who. Whoever photoshopped this picture together forgot to turn off the view from some other picture, very likely the previous MOS pic from the side.

It's noticeable it in the brightened up version of the pic by the hand-- You can see the old hand there.
NLVpu0j.png

Then look at the thigh right below it. There is another faint piping on the thigh, not to mention how giant and misshapen the thigh itself looks from the side.
D2lGKg8.png

So yeah, just pointing out that it's completely possible that the overlay from the previous pic is adding artifacts and lines to the suit. Thoughts?

The piping changes likely make for a more comfortable costume is some fashion... I can't see what others are seeing in the symbol, not saying it's not different; just that I can't distinguish it. And the square belt buckle... wth?

The piping changes likely make for a more comfortable costume is some fashion... I can't see what others are seeing in the symbol, not saying it's not different; just that I can't distinguish it. And the square belt buckle... wth?

It has the little lines in it like on the original promotional \S/ logo. someone posted a larger picture in the previous thread and the one line is totally visible. Hopefully I have copied it correctly for you.

hrTM4O5.jpg

On second look, it would appear that it has a little filigree detail either side of that line which is different than the chain mail pattern on the rest of the shield. Speaking of the chain mail texture, does anyone else feel that that has also been revised. The Gauntlet/Cuffs and the piping look closer to the blue of the rest of the suit, whereas the previous version was more of a contrasting gunmetal color. His forearms certainly look bigger this time, which was perhaps the one thing that bothered me with Henry's build the last time. The forearms didn't look as well developed as the rest of his physique. Either they fixed it with a revised training regimen or perhaps some added enhancements in that part of the suit? Perhaps that is the reason for having the gauntlets go a little higher up on his forearm.

Last edited:
It has the little lines in it like on the original promotional \S/ logo. someone posted a larger picture in the previous thread and the one line is totally visible. Hopefully I have copied it correctly for you.

On second look, it would appear that it has a little filigree detail either side of that line which is different than the chain mail pattern on the rest of the shield. Speaking of the chain mail texture, does anyone else feel that that has also been revised. The Gauntlet/Cuffs and the piping look closer to the blue of the rest of the suit, whereas the previous version was more of a contrasting gunmetal color. His forearms certainly look bigger this time, which was perhaps the one thing that bothered me with Henry's build the last time. The forearms didn't look as well developed as the rest of his physique. Either they fixed it with a revised training regimen or perhaps some added enhancements in that part of the suit? Perhaps that is the reason for having the gauntlets go a little higher up on his forearm.
Ah yes, now I see. Thank you. Also the filigree in the buckle, which someone had mentioned. It's all fine... just would not have went with that square buckle. Now if they could just give him a little bit of a spit curl :)

Don't like that square 'buckle' at all. And I've always hated the redundant 'S' on the belt. Hated it in SR. Don't like it here.

Ugh the rectangle buckle looks like Dean Cain's suit.

Regarding Henry's new do, could it because because it is wet (it's snowing/raining or sleat in that picture) and he ran his hand through it to slick it back just prior to that picture. This is likely part of a much bigger scene, just like the original bank vault picture was. Most assumed it was from a photo shoot, but it was a single frame (or was shot at that time) from his fight with Faora. Maybe Superman has been waiting on the rooftop for a while waiting for a rendezvous with Batman, and just after coiffing his dripping wet locks he looks up to see TDK standing right in front of him. That would explain his stern look and the clenched jaw.

Don't like that square 'buckle' at all. And I've always hated the redundant 'S' on the belt. Hated it in SR. Don't like it here.

well, in all fairness, Superman Returns had a completely obvious symbol on the belt, while this design does not.

Ah yes, now I see. Thank you. Also the filigree in the buckle, which someone had mentioned. It's all fine... just would not have went with that square buckle. Now if they could just give him a little bit of a spit curl :)

I kind of agree on the square buckle, but perhaps it will look better in other pictures. Beyond that, they don't appear to have eff'd the suit up so we can be thankful for that! I also agree as some have noticed that the boots appear to be revised. It's tough to tell, but maybe they have a slight heel plus internal lifts to negate the three extra inches of height BA has over Henry?

Last edited:
well, in all fairness, Superman Returns had a completely obvious symbol on the belt, while this design does not.

The \S/ on the Returns belt was the single dumbest design aspect of a Costume that had a boat load of dumb design. Was it in case people didn't notice the \S/ on his chest because they made it Superboy/Supergirl sized?

Btw i don't expect them to do it, but if the cape had the \S/ on it this time I'd crap kryptonite bricks of delight. Hmmm..Brown kryptonite lol!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"